“Not a bad stay”
Review of Hilton Anaheim

Hilton Anaheim
Ranked #47 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed March 30, 2009

I stayed here on March 28 for one night. The room was sparse but large. The elevators were crowded but if you went up and then came down you didn't have to wait so long. Room service was very expensive. I ordered breakfast - an omelet and potatoes and it came to $30.00. I don't know how it added up that way but I was shocked! I stayed here because I got a good rate.

I went to the Honda Center for a concert. I decided to take a cab and it cost me around $14.00 one way. I caught the cab right outside the hotel and he even gave me his number to call when the concert was over. Here's where the problem came. I called the number and he didn't answer. I called the cab company 3 times. Got different answers all three times. Finally, someone told me where to catch the cab. If you go to the HOnda Center and need to catch a cab, you need to go to the front of the building and stand at the corner of Katella. I did not get home until 12:30am and the concert ended at 11:15pm. The cab ride was only 15 minutes.

Other than the Cab fiasco I would stay here again if I got the $107.00 a night rate. I wouldn not order room service though!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed March 28, 2009

Both this hotel and the Marriott are adjacent to the Anaheim Convention Center so it's a convenient choice. This hotel is a few steps closer to Disneyland/CA Adventure as it is on the north side of Convention Center Way. After reading some of the reviews I was skeptical of my choice, but the hotel had just completed a renovation so I hoped for the best.

I used the kiosk check-in and was off to our room in less than 5 minutes while others stood in line. It was a long walk to the room, but we were rewarded with a view of Disneyland and a corner room (which I didn't pay extra for) which allowed in plenty of light and additional views of Santa Ana and the Angels Stadium.

Room was very clean and had the latest amenities with flat screen TV, huge desk area, two additional chairs besides the desk chair, and a very comfortable bed. Only complaint was that one side of the bed did not have lighting. Bathroom was on the small side, but plenty of towels and in excellent condition. Very little counter space.

The one area of weakness is the food situation. There is one restaurant and it was expensive and mediocre. Room service was fair, but very expensive as usual. There is a Starbucks, but it's jammed every day. There was a sign that a few fast food outlets are on the way (Sbarro, frozen yogurt, etc.). There is little close by within walking distance although I do recommend the Overland Stage Southwestern Grill next door at the Sheraton Park. If you're willing to walk a few blocks there are now some pretty good restaurants at the Anaheim GardenWalk on Katella.

Disneyland is easy to get to. It's an easy 20 minute walk or you can take the Disneyland Resort shuttle out front. However, it's not free. 1-day tickets are $4 each and can be purchased from a kiosk in the hotel or outside near where the shuttle picks you up. The shuttle will drop you off in the Disneyland transportation area which will put you a few steps away from Disneyland, California Adventure, and Downtown Disney. Last shuttle typically leaves a half hour after park closes. Also, note you can purchase Disney tickets in the hotel from a counter near Starbucks.

We certainly had a good trip to Anaheim for both business and pleasure and I think this hotel does a good job servicing both groups. I'd certainly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank livewireworld
Reviewed March 25, 2009

The staff is not helpful and very rude with the exception of housekeeping. The rooms were nice and clean but evrything cost extra so by the time you are done paying for the amenities you have paid twice what you would pay in another hotel. This is not a good hotel to stay at if you are going to Disneyland, although the hotel is within walking distance the hotel kicks you out and does not allow you to park your car the day you check out unless you pay another $15 fee, it was cheaper for us to drive across the street and park and disneyland. Overall this hotel is very cold and unfreindly and we felt very unwelcome. We may have been treated like this because we were Priceline customers, but I cant be sure about that.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Benny_lava760
Reviewed March 23, 2009

I spend between 150-200 nights per year in Hotels. in Europe and North America, I have rarely been as disappointed in this Hotel.

Although staying on th executive level in a Suite with Disney View - the experience was terrible.
The suite was a regular room with a mini-kitchen (sink and mini fridge, no microwave). It was almost impossible to sleep as the walls were so thin that you could hear people talk, speak, snore, and go to the bathroom in the two adjacent rooms. Furthermore the fridge was so loud that we had to turn it off because of the annoying noise.

The service was almost in-existant and terrible.

Although during the reservation and the also the night before checking out I had made it clear that I needed to have my company adress on the invoice - at the morning of check-out it took a 10min discussion 4 attempts to print out the correct invoice.

Postive aspects:
- nothing

Negative Aspects:
- almost everything

If you need to go to a Convention to Anaheim you should go to the Marriott that is just across the street and just as ideally located adjacent to the Convention Center.

• Stayed: February 2009
2  Thank skysailor75
Reviewed March 22, 2009

This is by far the worst hotel I have stayed. The entire place stinks and the service is unbelievably bad. If you are brave enough to stay here, use the self-check in. The employees working at the check-in desk are rude and incompetent! The room looked like it hadn't been vacuumed for a very long time. The only good thing I can say is that it's close to the Convention Center; however, I would rather walk ten miles, up hill both ways, than stay here again!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank AngryInAnaheim
Reviewed March 14, 2009

Two night stay with the sole purpose of visiting Disneyland. The hotel is as close to the convention center as you can get, and a short jaunt over to see the Mouse (across the street into the Timon parking lot, then catch a Disney tram to the front gates). The staff at check-in were exceedingly friendly and expedient, I was up to my room in less than 5 minutes and they were able to accomadate my request for something high and quiet, even though I checked in over an hour early. The beds were comfortable, the room and bathroom clean with plenty of towels and nice amentities. I was really only here to sleep, so I cannot speak to the quality of the pool or the 3-4 hot tubs, but they did look inviting. The one thing that put me off was that you could definitely be nicked and dimed here ($ to park, to use the fitness center or for internet access would add up quickly had I required these services). Overall, though, I would absolutely stay here again for the convenience and friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank dream1717
Reviewed March 11, 2009

Stayed one night for pleasure with extended family, and were upgraded to a junior suite. Hilton staff were friendly and very accommodating to other family members. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the hotel is close to Disneyland.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family