“Not only fastest room service....”
Review of Hilton Anaheim

Hilton Anaheim
Ranked #46 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Indian Wells, California
“Not only fastest room service....”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I have stayed at this Hilton over the years on numerous occasions. It is a monolithic, boring and totally enclosed (no balconies) structure with rooms for us normal folks equally as boring as the building. So I am not writing about the experience of having a room here - it was as expected, clean, efficient - but about the room service. I have never written about room service before but this place needs a review.

After a long day visiting the "mouse" across the street, we returned to the room with the task of trying to figure out where we could go to eat without getting the car out. I was very tired and looked at the room service menu. Now these things are usually overpriced and the extra charges seem unjustifiable. Regardless, I ordered steak medium rare, asked that the mashed potatoes be removed and some bread pudding (like turkey dressing) be substituted. I also asked for "seasonal vegetables" instead of asparagus. We also ordered salmon, a shrimp cocktail and a banana split as well. So this was not a small or normal order to say the least. They told me no problem and it would be at the room in 30 minutes. (Yeah, right!) Now for the amazing part. They brought the meals to the room in under 15 minutes. When the lids were lifted off the plates, steam was still rising off the hot food. The shrimp was perfect, the salmon was perfect and believe it or not, although not the tenderest NY steak I have ever eaten, it was hot and medium rare! The server was outstandingly friendly and told us a 17% tip had been included. We added another $5.

I notice another review about room service here and will just echo its praise. It was worth the price and amazingly served. This Hilton just got a little less boring.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear 4njourneyer, Thank you for sharing your Hilton Anaheim experience on TripAdvisor. We are so glad to hear that you had such a memorable in-room dining experience. You can expect the same great quality of food and service at our MIX Restaurant or the soon-to-be-open, Pool Bar and Grill. You mentioned that our hotel does not have any balconies, but we do have a select number of rooms that do have balconies and most of those also have a view of the Disney Parks. We thank you for staying at our hotel time and time again and we hope you will continue to return. We would love to have you back.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (826)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Front desk logged in and printed my boarding passes and processed my baggage payments himself. Easy, fast, and no frustration like the two folks left poking at the two provided terminals. The next morning, another front desk staff entered the closed gift shop to find us Advil and sold that over the front desk. Really appreciated. Even thought the restaurant menu is severely limited, the server was able to tailor the "sides" to create a wonderful vegan dinner - just spectacular! Mushrooms over a baked potato with steamed asparagus. Perfect. She even got them to omit the oil. Your staff is really wonderful. The hotel is too big, the bar isn't workable, the room hallways are dated and confusing, and the mix of 12 year old cheerleaders and 1250 roofing consultants didn't work, but the staff is great.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Barbara T, Thank you for writing a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are very glad to hear that our front desk staff provided you with exceptional service. It sounds like they really went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure you had a memorable Hilton Anaheim experience. You mentioned that the hallways have become a little worn and dated and we agree. Beginning in the next few months we will be replacing the carpets in the guest room corridors. We're very excited for the upcoming change. We hope you will come back and see it for yourself in the future.

Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I took my youngest (teenage) daughter on a Disney trip. I stayed at the Hilton Anaheim for three nights. I'm usually very thorough in my research, but I kind of winged it this trip. Just wanted a cheap room so I could do the Disneyland thing. I got the room at a great rate, knowing it was somewhat close to the parks.

The Hilton Anaheim is a very nondescript convention center type hotel. It is very nice, but if you're looking for ANY bit of Disney atmosphere...this is not the place for you. If you do need a FedEx office though; there is one in the lobby. My daughter and I got got a two queen room. The room was very nice. The only problem we had seemed to be with the thermostat. Although, at night I'd push the temp up to 70, it never seemed to get warm. In fact, I believe it was blowing cool air the whole time. Not a big issue, but it was a minor inconvenience (the room temp when I got up in the AM was in the mid-60's despite the earlier setting).

It is about a mile walk to Disney. It may not seem like much, but when you add up all the walking you do at the parks...it adds up (I forgot I had my phone's step counter turned on and it showed I walked over 12 miles in a day). One morning I didn't feel like the walk and neither did my daughter, so we spontaneously grabbed a taxi that was sitting outside the hotel. With tip it ended up being $10. Not too bad. ART stops outside the hotel for $4/ride...but the taxi seemed like it'd be a quicker option.

Regarding the fastest room service ever....After a tiring day at the park, neither one of us wanted to leave the room to get a bite to eat (okay, we got a bit lazy again). I called our order in just after 8pm. I was told I'd receive the order by 830pm. I hung up thinking that was a bit ambitious. 10 minutes later we received our meals. Really? That quick? Wow!

One morning we also ate at the buffet offered in the lobby area. A bit pricey if you have a child that seemed overly excited and didn't have much of an appetite ($27'ish per person? I believe was the price).

Once again the Hilton was very nice. Very convention center oriented and styled, but that didn't dampen our trip one bit. It might if you have small kids looking for a Disney experience. While it seemed close to the parks, it was still a bit of a distance away. We did get a great rate though, so price is very competitive for what it has to offer.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Eric M
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Eric95403, Thank you for using Trip Advisor and for reviewing the Hilton Anaheim. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you thought your room was nice. My sincerest apologies about the thermostat not working properly. I know it is an inconvenience to call the Front Desk to have someone in Property Operations come up to take a look; but please next time let us know about it. Here at the Hilton Anaheim we will always Make-It-Right, whether that involves a quick room change or fixing the issue while you are away at Disneyland for the day. We are always here to help with our service-first attitude. Thank you for mentioning our FedEx Office® Print and Ship Center. This is a new addition to the Hilton Anaheim as the remodel just occurred not too long ago. We appreciate all of your comments and hope we have the opportunity to serve you and your family again in the near future.

EDGEWOOD NM, United States
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Don't expect elevators to arrive quickly. Even though the hotel has eight elevators, they were slow to arrive and sometimes the call button in one bank would be turned off by the arrival of an elevator in another bank.Don't expect the thermostat in your room to work responsively. Rooms were clean and quiet. Hallway ruggings could stand a bath.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Gerald C, Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry to hear about the long wait for the elevators to arrive. We are in the process of a complete re-vamping and mechanical overhaul for our elevator systems. We know that you would rather be waiting next-in-line for your favorite ride at California Adventure or Disneyland, and not waiting for an elevator, which is why we are hard at work to ensure we have state-of-the-art elevators that work quickly and efficiently. New carpeting is also on the way. The next time you decide to stay with us, please let us know about your thermostat not being responsive. We can send someone up to remedy the situation, or perhaps provide you with a quick room change. Nevertheless, the thermostat should have been working perfectly upon your arrival and we do apologize. We hope to see you again soon.

Lemoore, California
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We are a military family traveling on a modest budget as we all know our children love food and souvenirs which eat at the bottom dollar travel budget. We pride ourselves on searchng for that comfortable night's sleep and inviting atmosphere. This hotel is definitely Convention Center material. Modernism decor however it will nickel and dime you parking is $16 a day luggage storage is $1 per person. Ice machine on the 10th floor near our room which is 338 is not working and no coffee maker in the rooms. We're in a two queen suite at a very nice price and the room is extremely large. As a family traveler I urge to plan for the little incidentals as food is expensive and the hotel is not located near family style restaurants. Staff is accommodating not the most friendly but Daryl are bell staff was phenomenal. I've been dedicated Sheraton a couple years then a Marriott a couple years and this year is Hilton but I think I'm going back to Sheridan beds are a little more comfortable and more family oriented.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Kristen C, Thank you for taking the time to review our property again. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the large room. We will definitely be passing your comments on to the appropriate departments especially regarding the great service from one of our Team Members. We hope you enjoyed the location of your room as we were very glad to honor your request prior to check in. We apologize for the lack of a coffee maker and non-working ice machine, we certainly hope you were able to take advantage of our guest service hotline which is available 24 hours for any guest need. We thank you for staying with us and we hope you will come back to visit and enjoy some of the other amenities we have to offer such as the food court and pool area.

Irondale, United States
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Good and fast service in and out. Convenient to Disneyland, other hotels and stores. Phone chargers not available for free, to buy or rent, but charging center available (sight unseen). Room service charged more than in-room menu price.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Carlosedgar G, Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our central location as well as our excellent service. For our guests' convenience, we do have a charging station in the back of the lobby area. We also offer great meal options through room service. Menus are always located in the guest rooms. A $3.00 delivery charge and a 19% gratuity is added to each order. We thank you for choosing the Hilton Anaheim and hope you will visit us again soon.

Concord, United States
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Everyone was very helpful and super sweet. We had a great view of the pool and kids water play area. Lot's of little places to buy food right inside the hotel. Starbucks line was too long to wait in, but there is a new large one in Down Town Disney. There is a shuttle to Disneyland, it's worth the $12 per person per week, the walk there and back is painful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Kelly K, Thank you for giving the Hilton Anaheim the maximum score on TripAdvisor! We are so happy to hear that our hotel was the perfect base for your family vacation. The Anaheim Resort Transit is a great alternative to walking to the Disney Parks. As you pointed out, it is very affordable and with a pick-up area right outside the hotel, it is also convenient. We are glad to learn that you were able to take advantage of the food court located in our lobby. With 4 options to choose from, there is something to satisfy the taste buds of everyone in the family. The next time you are visiting Orange County we would love for you to return to our hotel.