“Corporate respite” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #46 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Portland, Oregon
“Corporate respite”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Before you book your room go here – it will list the upcoming conventions gathering next door. If you can’t avoid a particular group at least you know what’s coming! http://meetings.anaheimoc.org/convention-calendar

The hotel lobby seems like a cavernous extension of the Convention Center next door. It was busy and noisy the whole time we stayed. A big part of that was due to the competitive cheerleading ‘finals’ taking place. The parents & chaperones commanded every space in the lobby morning, noon and Happy Hour. The girls seemed oblivious to other hotel guests (think Toddlers and Tiaras doing round offs) – one pair actually went through their warm up routine smack dab in the middle of the foot traffic coming out of the elevators! Whatever you do, stay ABOVE THE FIFTH FLOOR. The pool is located there and I can’t imagine anyone staying on that floor gets much peace. (Floors 5-9 were a popular stop with the cheerleaders.) We had a beautiful quiet room on the 11th floor. Every night we had a perfect view of the Disney fireworks.
Speaking of Disney – take the ART #4 or #5 between the Marriott (right across the street) and the park for $5 adults & $2 child round trip (a 10 min ride). So worth it! You can buy tickets at the Marriott gift shop OR at the kiosk by the Hilton’s valet desk outside.
Room service was prompt (25 mins even on a Saturday night!) and courteous. The table was removed when we asked, but the hall was nearly always full of food debris. (As a side note, the cheerleaders had stickers on the doors as if they were in a dorm!) The pool and hot tub were lovely, but again, dirty glasses & wet towels were everywhere. Management might consider hiring a few more custodial workers to keep up on this. Good news – housekeeping does a fabulous job with the beds & bath!
The Food Court is a nice touch for families. The area was packed with teenagers so the lines were long & slow (last thing you want after a day at Disneyland). Forget about getting coffee at the in-house Starbucks. The line snaked through the lobby each time we passed by. A good option is the Grab & Go breakfast.
Bottom line – although I would have liked to have sat in the lobby bar & had a drink, a clean hall & pool area, this is a good value for a Disney weekend or business stay.

Room Tip: Book ABOVE the 5th floor, and of you can afford it, as for a room that faces Disneyland to watch the...
2 Thank MeeshB503
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear MeeshB503,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are sorry that some of the other guests created a bit of a nuisance during your stay but overall it sounds like you had a great time on your Disney vacation. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the view of the Disney fireworks from your room and the convenient ART shuttle service that picks up right outside the hotel. We are especially appreciative of the compliments you have given to our housekeeping and in-room dining team members. Your comments will be shared with those department heads. Our pool area, food court, and lobby are definitely features of the hotel that we would love for you to come back and enjoy. The pool deck now has the added bonus of the seasonal opening of thePool Bar & Grill, featuring an entirely revamped menu! We hope the incredible value we have provided you is enough to entice you to return, perhaps during a less busy time. Thank you for staying at the Hilton Anaheim.

Kind Regards,
Guest Satisfaction Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (792)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Delta, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed 5 nights for a Disney and area vacation but found the hotel too large and busy compared to others we have enjoyed in the area. How about 1,000 screaming girls for a spring break cheer leading competition? The elevators and pool were overwhelmed by the full hotel. Service was reasonable but we did not utilise any of the hotel food facilities.
Our room had an air conditioning issue - the unit would not turn off and kept us up all night as it went on like a jet engine every so often. They fixed it but did not leave any direction on how to keep it off. It happened again on our last night. This property is circa the 80s and is showing its age in some areas. I do not recommend this hotel for a family experience at Disney....another reason is no dedicated shuttle service....they refer you to the the local ART at $5 per adult.
Conventions are probably great here, but a thumbs down for a family.

Room Tip: North side faces the pool courtyard and Disneyland.
Dear Mark F,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback here on Trip Advisor.
We apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced at the busiest time here at the Hilton Anaheim.
As we have shared earlier with our other guests, during the months of March and April, Cheerleading
Competition is held at the Anaheim Convention Center annually and being right beside the convention center,
majority of the organizations choose to stay here with us.

We would love to have you and your family stay with us again and a good tip is to always call our hotel directly
so we may give you more information to what convention groups are in house. Our hotel has a lot to offer
families who are here for their vacation.

Thank you for letting us know about the air conditioning issue that your experienced . We will share
this with our Houskeeping and Engineering team and we will make sure that this does not happen again.

We look forward to your next stay here at the Hilton Anaheim

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel had a cheerleader competition. There were thousands of people here. We heard continuous banging of doors from the kids. Loud voices. We were on the side with the pool and the kids were screaming continuously. (I wonder where their parents were???) We tried several times to get a room change but we were told that the hotel was sold out. The hotel management was not nice at all. We asked for extra towels they gave us two. The people over the phone had no customer service abilities at all. It is over priced. We were overcharged for Parking. The Park Sheraton across the way only charges $10.00 a day. Not $16.00 and we were there to relax. This was not a relaxing trip at all. Very frustrated and disappointed with this hotel. We are sending a letter to hilton directly

Room Tip: Make sure nothing is going on in this hotel before you book it! Cheerleaders and their parents are...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Chatzy F
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Chatzy F,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your
feedback here on TripAdvisor. We would like to apologize
for the inconvenience that you experienced during the
Cheerleading competition. Every year, during the month of March
and April, a lot of the cheerleading organizations come back to Anaheim
to attend this big event.

Being one of the busiest hotels in Anaheim, we do recommend
guests to first call our hotel directly to check out if there any major
groups in-house during their chosen travel dates.

You mentioned our parking rates, these rates are controlled by the City of
Anaheim.

We will definitely share your reviews with our team and work on
resolving the challenges you experienced.

We hope that you will come back and visit us again in the future.

Best regards,
Santa Clarita, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Every time I've stayed here it has been overcrowded and not enough staff to handle the needs of the hotel guests. You have to wait a very long time for elevators and many times we just took the stairs. The line for Starbucks was always long average wait 45 minutes. Food super expensive. Egg sandwich was so greasy oil dripped when I took a bite. The worst part was the staff. Very rude. We were told by people to go across the way to the Marriott for food and Starbucks. Lines,food and service is better there. We were here for a dance convention and there was a cheer competition and key club convention going at the same time. I wouldn't stay here next time. I'd try Marriott next time.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. It's always the same.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 47Disgruntled
Dear 47Disgruntled-

Many thanks for stopping by to share your experience at our hotel. We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. I am happy to report that we are bulking up our staff and also actively looking at ways to minimize lines in our outlets. Unfortunately, because we are a 1,572 guest room property, we sometimes have these types of challenges. But don't fret, we too want to ensure that they're handled so that you, our valued guest doesn't have to deal with them at all.

Again, many thanks for your review and we wish you a great weekend!

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stopped off in Anaheim at the end of a six week holiday purely to enjoy the original Disneland attractions. This is a huge hotel and it was hosting several conventions during our stay so it was teeming with people and on occasion the queue for a Starbucks coffee could take 30 minutes to get you to the front. The rooms were large,clean and comfortable and well serviced although we spent little time in it. In sum functional and fit for purpose. We would return.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mike P-

Thanks for stopping by Tripadvisor to review our hotel! We sincerely appreciate the candid feedback and are glad to read that overall, you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for mentioning the line at Starbucks as we're happy to report that we're looking at new ways to minimize this challenge.

Hopefully next time you visit you'll see all our new improvements.

We look forward to having you back in the near future.

Kind regards,
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I just returned from a three night stay at the Hilton.
The Hotel looks nice, updated and clean upon arrival, unfortunately the rest of my stay was not at up to the "superior" rating the Hilton hotel is advertised to be. The staff doesn't make an effort to greet or welcome you or have any kind of friendly manner. Everyone is straight faced and matter of fact, not the service you expect at all. The check in line is very long, when it was finally my turn there was not one bit of welcoming behavior. I would expect to hear something like, "I hope you enjoy your stay with us and if there is anything I can do to further help you during your stay please let us know"..but nope, nothing, just matter of fact. Customer service is very important no matter what and the Hilton was desperately lacking.
I walked around this incredibly large over crowed airport like Hotel several times with my daughter; we were trying to familiarize ourselves with where everything was located because no one offered any information. While we were wandering about, not one staff member asked us if we needed any help or how we were doing. I actually stood in front of the concierge desk twice. I politely stood at a distance because he was on a customer service phone call. I waited and I waited but he never looked up to acknowledge. I walked away for a few minutes, then I saw that he was off the phone, so I hurried back over but just as I arrived at the desk he picked up the phone again!!! He never looked up! I called the hotel operators for a few different reasons- the water in this hotel is disgusting. It looks like a glass of non fat milk when you fill a cup up from the faucet, its awful and so concerning. Maybe there isn't any harm in this water "fog" but its not acceptable! The operator said that it is her understanding that the engineering department says it is from bubbles, air bubbles that just need to settle. She sent me 2 bottles of Hilton water for free but it was warm and they should offer more bottles for free if they are going to have such disgusting looking water and there are no refrigerators in the rooms, Yes they charge you somewhere around $30 for a refrigerator! Oh my.
I was assigned a nice big corner room which was supposed to be a Disney View room. One window was completely parking lot and overlooked another Hotel and the other window was completely blocked off to the left by the side of the Hilton tower and then I guess the Disney view was supposed to be the squinty sight of the Tower of Terror and the back side wall of Radiator Springs. To advertise that as a "Disney View" is pretty darn far fetched. Disappointing. My room was also connecting with another room- a customer should really be told that they are going to stay in a connecting room! There is almost no privacy. We could hear the people word for word next door, just as if we were all "sharing" a room! No thanks. I asked if we could change rooms later on because we were going to Disneyland for the day anyway, I was told I could change rooms, no problem. I was told I might get a different type of view or two queens instead of one king, but that yes, I could change rooms later on no problem. Well, when I called later on that night to change rooms they said NO. They said that they were completely booked and that I could not have another room! The staff phone service is lacking, their tone is obviously annoyed.
The room had very low ceilings, the bathroom tile grout looked filthy, the sink faucet had mildew looking stains around it and inside, the walls are scuffed and dirty, the shower water is either freezing or scorching, there was no mirror in the bedroom area only on the back of the bathroom door. The hallways in the hotel are very long and easily confusing, there is a complete lack of decor and ambiance, there are no mirrors or pictures and the carpets need cleaning. The hotel needs another set of elevators too, the elevators are extremely insufficient for the amount of people at this hotel. There were times in took me near 10 minutes to get up to my room or down to the lobby.
Overall the service in this hotel is in dire need of proper customer service training and additional staff to help accommodate. The guest rooms and guest amenities desperately need detailed attention. The Hilton is in a wonderful location to Disneyland and I think it is a nice walk, the bell services were helpful with luggage, calling for a Taxi and opening doors- that was appreciated.
This Hotel completely lacks any space for relaxation and enjoyment. I was very very disappointed.

This Hotel is very close to Disneyland and it is a nice walk. The bell service outside the hotel is attentive to calling for a car and opening doors, That was very nice and appreciated.
I would not recommend staying here though. I was so frustrated and disappointed, no relaxation at all. We spent our last few hours (before our ride came) at the Marriott Hotel directly across the street; the lounge was peaceful and the staff was so friendly and welcoming. We had a lovely lunch under umbrella and sunshine on their lounge bar patio, it was the most relaxed few hours of my entire trip.

3 Thank L s
Dear Ls-

Thank you for your review. We honestly can't apologize enough for having such an unpleasant experience at our property during your recent stay. We have shared your review with the team and on behalf of our entire operation, we'd like to extend our sincerest apologies. All of your comments are extremely valid and have been noted so that we can eliminate all of them from happening again.

We sincerely hope you're able to visit us again in the future so we can erase this memory and create much more positive ones.

Vancouver ,BC ,Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was there for the Expo West convention .The location of this hotel was a 5 min walk to the convention center which was very good.
Check in was good,it was 10min to get to the desk ,and another 5 minutes to get checked in .
The room was OK ,the bed was comfortable ,nothing special . The elevators were slow and the waits were long getting back to the room .A lot of the guests started to use the service elevators rather than a 5 min wait .
The breakfast line up in the morning was about 20 minutes wait !
Parking was $16/day for guests .and there was an additional charge for internet .This was on top of the $469/night room charge .I guess its supply and demand during a busy convention ,
For the money I would not have stayed there if my company did not pay for it .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear pkw1956-

Thank you for stopping by to review our property. It sounds like you were here during a very busy convention. I hope it was everything you were hoping it would be! With that said, we completely understand your concerns and are happy to report that we're working on updating our elevators and instituting a new system for guests to get through our restaurant lines longer. Unfortunately, when we are a full house (we're a 1,572 room hotel), we do encounter lines. Hopefully next time you visit you'll be able to see all the improvements that we've made!

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the future.