“EXCEPTIONAL!!”
Review of Hilton Anaheim

Hilton Anaheim
Ranked #47 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Arrived the night before check in and was very tired and decided to wait in the lobby until the next day, but i think the receptionist noticed at how jet lagged we were and let us check in SO EARLY!!, all we wanted to was drop off our luggage but instead got access to the room, was so so grateful, the staff are really the best ive ever seen, so friendly and helpful with information about the area and buses, i would have liked to call the hotel manager about how nice the receptionist was if i only had remembered to notice her name but was so tired i was half asleep while checking in. I definatly would stay here again if i ever come down this way, not only great staff but a GREAT ROOM, the bed was so so comfy. couldn't complain about a thing.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear bill w -
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our hotel here on TripAdvisor.
You have given us so much motivation and made us so proud of our property and our team.
Everyday, we all strive to do our best and our team is truly an excellent example of
Hilton Anaheim service.

We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and liked our comfy beds. They’re called the Serenity Bed by Hilton. If you are interested in getting one, you may check our website for more information. Our beds are one of the best amenities we have and we constantly get inquiries about it.

Again, thank you and Hilton Anaheim looks forward to your next visit!

Guest Satisfaction Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,496)

Reviewed October 10, 2012

At check in, staff were not really into giving good customer service, I had previously asked for a high disney view room, we were given a lower disney view with also a view out one window of satellite dishes. If you want a good disney view room try and get something high and in the middle of the hotel. Housekeeping...what is that? Items in the room were not replenished at all for the entire week, including toilet paper, in the end I went downstairs and requested coffee and toilet paper. I don't think there is much staff satisfaction in this hotel, perhaps we were supposed to be tipping housekeeping everyday, not ideal. Very expensive self parking, I did ask for a discounted rate which I had read about on this website but was laughed at by reception. I also asked about the free wifi in the lobby as per this website and again was told no. A lot of inconsistencies! Hotel restaurant was good quality and price was easily comparable if not better than any of the fast food restaurant in the area. If you don't expect too much then this could be the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear ncola1 –

Thank you for sharing your reviews here on Trip Advisor. It was nice to read your positive feedback on our MIX Restaurant, and we are glad you enjoyed the menu that we offer. We do have one of the best menus in the city. We will definitely share your compliments to our Chef and Food & Beverage.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay here at our property in regards to the room location and the housekeeping service. We have taken note of this and will make sure to share this with our Housekeeping team.

We would recommend for future reservation, you may put in a note requesting your preferred room type and location. Just remember that this is based upon availability. It is possible that you were not given the Disney view room due to a sell out.

Just to clear out the inconsistencies in regards to parking costs and free Wifi. Parking rates are controlled by the City of Anaheim. Our hotel along with other hotels in the area have no control on these parking rates. And as for free Wi-fi, we do offer complimentary Wi-Fi to all Gold and Diamond HHonors members. If you’re interested in becoming a member, you may get more information through our website.

Thank you again for choosing Hilton Anaheim. We would love to have you come stay with us again soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We checked in to the Hilton Anaheim on September 29 and stayed until October 6, 2012. I booked the hotel through selloffvacations.com in May for approximately 60% less than the rate on expedia.ca. The hotel is just down the street from Disneyland and it would be walking distance with older children. We opted for the ART Shuttle as we were travelling with a 4 year old and no stroller. Check-in was quick. My mom used her Hilton Honors card and we were able to get free wifi in our room. Parking was also discounted to $5/day. The room was nice and clean. Nothing special, 2 beds, 1 desk, nightstand, flat screen TV, and 2 Queen beds. We were on the 14th Floor facing the courtyard (south). The beds were very comfortable and I loved the pillows. We were able to use the pool 2 times. The maid always left fresh towels and the room was pristine. The room did not come with a fridge but we called down to the front desk and they had one brought up. We also called down for a bottle opener and we had one within 10 minutes. I only have one complaint...the hallway noise was very disruptive during the night (not every night). The service elevators were very close to our room and we could hear carts rolling over tile at all different hours (this is the reason for my average sleep rating). The hotel has a very business feel to it but I expected that considering it proximity to the Convention Center. When I was researching hotels I looked at some of the hotels that seemed a bit more resort like but their management responses to some of the trip advisor critiques were in my opinion unprofessional. A final word on the Hilton Anaheim...I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear teachartz -

Thank you for sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor. It’s always good to read feedback from our guests letting us know they had a good time on their vacation and had a very comfortable stay.

You mentioned our comfortable beds and pillows. Our beds are definitely unique. We love them too! Just like you, our other guests are always commenting on how much they love them and how comfortable they are. They’re called the Serenity Bed by Hilton and our pillows are feather and down pillows with AllerRest Protection that blocks dust mites. If you are interested in getting one, you may check our website for more information.

We would also like to apologize for the hallway noise during your stay. We will make sure that we share this with the team. Our goal is to make our guests’ stay be a comfortable and noise-free one.

Again, thank you for choosing Hilton Anaheim. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My staff and I were out here for a fun filled work event in Anaheim. Jennifer Sacks (Marketing Manager) was such a huge help getting my staff and I rooms. The hotel staff was just as generous and professional. The rooms were beautiful and as funny as it may sound, the soap smelled absolutely lovely :-) The hotel was walking distance to everything, which was great, because traffic wasn't the best in that area. This is definitely a place I would recommend and visit again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear CJ S –

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback regarding your recent stay. It was my pleasure to be able to help you and your staff with room reservations and I am happy to hear that our team was able to provide you excellent service. We are so proud of our team!

And you are so right, this is “definitely a place to revisit” ! Hilton Anaheim has the best location to everything!

We do hope you can visit us again soon and thanks again for choosing Hilton Anaheim!

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We loved this hotel. The front desk gave us a room with a Disney view, which is normally an extra charge. Our room was beautiful, a corner room on the 10th floor, and we could watch the fireworks in Disneyland from the comfort of our room. We didn't think the walk to our room was too far, which was a comment I see many people have made in their reviews. We preferred walking a bit further if it meant a larger corner room with wall to ceiling windows, and quiet.

There is some construction being done on the front of the hotel, but none of the rooms are affected. So the construction was nothing to worry about. Yes, the parking was $16 a night, and the garage can get crowded with convention goers. We chose to walk to Disney land instead of taking the shuttle, and it was a nice walk - about 10 minutes.

About 5 minutes away in the other direction is a 7-Eleven and convenience store that sells liquor, so we were able to pick up a few essentials easily. We loved our room, it was probably the best hotel room we ever had. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We booked our room through the Hilton website. It was a steal at $126, non-refundable.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Amy D –
Thank you so much for sharing your Hilton Anaheim experience here on TripAdvisor and we are glad that you had a very relaxing and comfortable stay.

You wrote a lot of great things about our property and our team and for that, we once again say THANK YOU! Your positive review has given all of us here at Hilton more motivation to continue to do our best so we may always give you the kind of service that you and our other guests deserve.

We will look forward to your next visit here at Hilton Anaheim!

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have never had so much trouble making a reservation at a hotel. I am a college student at USC, and am travelling to Disneyland on Saturday, and will be spending the night at the Hilton on Friday at the hotel, so that I can have a great time on my university retreat.

I had to not only call 4 times, but this is what happened:

1) I booked 2 suites for 8 people (this took me ~1 hour because the lady on the phone refused to understand what I needed) and got charged on my card immediately because of the rate, which I was fine with. I was told a confirmation would be emailed.

2) Waited an hour- no confirmation email. Called the hotel, and there was no record of my reservation. Proceeded to book another room, again taking about 30 minutes to do. They refused to find me the same rate as before until I persisted.

3) After booking the room, the confirmation was sent for just one room instead of two. I had to call back again to have this clarified- where the lady at the desk refused to help me because I asked to directly speak with her supervisor.

All in all a terrible reservation experience. I hope that the hotel is at least a bit better! I just wanted to let everyone know so they don't have the same trouble!

Room Tip: Please dont reserve with them. I am tempted to cancel, but can't let the other students down! Ho...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear abhirukt, Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion that was had during the reservation process. Be assured we will share your comments with the Reservations Manager. We wish you had waited until after your stay to review our property. Once you arrive, however, I think you’ll find that you will be very satisfied with your decision to book with us. We do have plenty to offer. Having completed an entire renovation in 2009 you’ll find that the entire hotel has a fresh new look, nothing is outdated. The suites are very spacious and have a modern elegance to them. The pool deck has also been recently redesigned with a cool water play park for kids and a stunning fire and water feature where the adults can hang out. We have a fantastic staff here at the Hilton Anaheim and you will receive the service one expects when staying at a Hilton property. We look forward to your arrival.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 6, 2012

The rooms are nice, clean and comfortable beds. Be prepared for a possible long walk to your room depedending on its location. This posed a problem for some of the people in our group. The hotel is very large. I had requested a refrigerator for my room but they have very few so it was never delivered. The gym was nice but can be pricey.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Dear Suenior, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. With 1,572 rooms, this is the largest hotel in Southern California and the property does cover a large area. If at any time one of our guests needs to be placed near an elevator, we will always try our best to accommodate. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your room. The Hilton Serenity beds are just one of the features of our guest rooms that deliver superior comfort to our guests. We hope you enjoyed your visit enough to return. We would certainly love to have you. Thank you for staying at the Hilton Anaheim.

Kind Regards,