“Room NOT Guaranteed”

Hilton Anaheim
Ranked #46 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
“Room NOT Guaranteed”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Money, money, money... That's all they care about. Booking a room 2 months in advance will not guarantee you a room. My family and I were turned away and sent to another hotel because they were OVERBOOKED! They didn't care about my situation. Bottom line was, they did not have a room for us. I could have made reservations elsewhere but I made a choice to stay here, and look at what I got. It ruined our vacation and needless to say I'll never stay at a Hilton again.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (823)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tracy, California
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have come to expect quality from the Anaheim Hilton and as usual, they did not disappoint. The staff was very friendly and efficient. I had a problem with a noisy air conditioner and the problem was quickly. The room was clean and comfortable. The view of Disneyland and the fireworks, an added bonus.

1 Thank rmkahn
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear rmkahn,

Thank you so much for your comments here on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear you had such a great stay with us and that you found our hotel up to Hilton quality standards. Here at the Hilton Anaheim we are proud to have such wonderful team members who always make guest satisfaction a priority. We are glad to know that your issue with the air conditioner was resolved quickly and to your satisfaction. The rooms with Disney view are a great way for our guests to enjoy the fireworks and are happy to know you truly enjoyed them.

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Anaheim and we hope to see you back soon.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Several three-star name-brand hotels are near Anaheim's Convention Center and the Disney Parks, yet I chose the Hilton because of it's brand reputation, location, and amenities. Plus I found a great price online, so I booked the Hilton for five nights.

As I've compared notes with fellow travelers, the Hilton was my best choice. The Convention Center and meeting rooms at the Marriott are nearby, just across a walkway. (Bar prices at the Marriott were a bit lower, too). The Anaheim Resort Transportation (ART) stop was also just across a walkway, providing convenient and fast transport to the Disney Parks. I had a splendid fifth-floor room that was quiet, comfortable, and clean. The balcony was huge, perhaps almost as big as the sleeping area of my room, And I had a distant view of the Disney fireworks at night from the balcony - very nice! I requested a microwave and small fridge for the room, which was a very reasonable cost but also quite useful.

The staff were friendly, courteous, and polite, while the Internet service in my room was reliable and much-used. Since I travel a lot and this was a combination business/vacation trip, I expected to pay a fee for wireless in my hotel room, using the exercise facility, parking, and the microwave plus fridge. If this was strictly a vacation stay, however, I may have looked for a room closer to the Disney area. Keep in mind that this is a convention-focused site, so the price of food (and the quality, unfortunately) were also aimed at expense account reimbursements.

The outdoor pool was nice, but crowded. The indoor pool and sauna were in the exercise area, in the basement of the Hilton, and it was never crowded. In addition, I encountered only adults in the indoor water areas, so my workouts were never shared with youngsters.

Although I've mentioned that the staff were polite and friendly, I did notice two small things that will keep this Hilton from going to a four-star status. The outside parking attendants, greeters, and bellmen frequently stood around and talked in groups while blocking the handicapped ramps. This may seem like a small thing, but for weary travelers who must step on and off of somewhat high curbs if the ramps are blocked, this small thing has the potential to create an unsafe set-up for falls and missteps. These same staff also could observe visitors headed to the front doors of the hotel and sometimes, but not always, left their groups of fellow workers and opened the heavy doors for their visitors. What was unusual was that the female workers, not the male workers, were the ones who usually left their groups of co-workers and opened the doors for visitors.

Room Tip: Request a 5th floor room with a balcony for plenty of extra room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear redink46142-

First off, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I wish we could have spoken before you left as this is incredibly helpful information that will only make us better. Our Director of Guest Services will be meeting with our valet and the bell staff about blocking the driveway ramps, gathering in groups socializing. Our female greeters open the doors and bring our guests into the hotel, however, all team members, unless assisting another guest, should be opening doors, and offering assistance. Lastly, we will share this survey with both teams so they can learn from your observations.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

All the best,
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

The price is reasonable for it's location and condition. Even The hotel is a little bit old, it has the best position for Disneyland' s firework at 9:30 every night. There are a few fast food restaurants located at a corner of the lobby, but close very early. Overall, just because the firework, it lighted up your happy feeling, I think the hotel is definitely recommended.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Fan R
Dear Fan R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the spectacular fireworks show from one of our wonderful Disney view rooms.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will return to the Hilton Anaheim.

All the best,
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The location of this hotel is about 2 blocks south of Disneyland's gates. However, it really is a high rise hotel in an urban location. I was here on business, but if it was a family trip to Disney, I would instead go to Disneyworld (that is Orlando Florida) and stay in the resort properties where children can enjoy awesome waterparks right at the hotel (stay at the Beachclub.) Even the off-property hotels at Disneyworld Orlando are more fun for the kids, another one to think about is the Nickelodeon hotel.

Anyway, this is a standard Hilton. Rooms are nice and clean, but my HVAC did not work well, which is not really a problem in Southern California.

1 Thank OutCruising
Dear CT_based,

Thank you for providing a review on this web site. We are sorry you had trouble with the HVAC system but are glad you hear it did not negatively affect your stay. We encourage all of our guests to call the operator or guest services if you ever have any trouble during your stay. We have an excellent property operations team that can correct any mechanical issue, including HVAC! While it is true that the surrounding area of the Disneyland Resort in California is more “urban” when compared to that of Disney World in Florida, the city of Anaheim and the Disneyland Resort are wonderful places to visit. Here at the Hilton Anaheim we are thrilled to host many leisure travelers, many of which are families. Recently we have added a water play park to our pool deck and during peak leisure travel dates we offer a wide variety of activities for kids and kids at heart. We offer craft making and a variety of games to play, including table tennis. Throughout the summer, we even have “Dive-In Movies. You can bring the whole gang down to the pool deck and enjoy a different family film each weekend night on our giant inflatable screen. All the while taking a refreshing dip in the pool or relaxing in one of our comfortable lounge chairs! We encourage you to come back with your family. We are sure you all will have a wonderful stay!

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights and it was fine. The room was clean, spacious and quiet, the staff were pleasant and helpful and the location was pretty good. We arrived quite late so checkin was easy and prompt but at other times we did see very big lines at the desk and some aggravated people. The hotel is huge with a lot of people coming and going and the lobby can get very noisy. There is a lot of construction going on outside but noise isn't an issue it was just a bit annoying coming and going.

They have a Starbucks in the lobby which was convenient but the lines in the morning were huge. We went across the road to the Marriott as they had one there with a shorter lines as well as another small cafe. I've stayed at a few places in Anaheim and they are all pretty much the same. Last time we stayed at the doubletree which was overall a nicer experience but this time the Hilton was cheaper. If you get a good deal definitely book it but there are nicer hotels in the area.

Stayed July 2012
2 Thank cupcakena
Dear cupcakna,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We’re happy to hear that you were able to book at our hotel with a great rate. Our ability to offer competitive and affordable rates for our guest is definitely very important to us and we’re happy you were satisfied with the value you received staying with us. As you mentioned we are a very large hotel and the Starbucks in our lobby is quite popular in the mornings which can cause the lines to be a little long at times. We apologize for the inconvenience and we are actually in the beginning stages of reinventing the Starbucks to better accommodate the high volume of demand. We hope you were able to enjoy some of the other eateries in the food court including: Sbarro Pizza, Baja Fresh Mexican Food, Submarina, or Just Grillin’. We hope to see you back at the Hilton Anaheim.

Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Hilton Anaheim for a convention. Stood in the line for 30 minutes only to find out my room would not be ready for 2 more hours; then stood in line again for 1 hour to get my key. Wouldn't you think that maybe you need more than two people at the front desk when the line is to the entrance door? Not at the Hilton! They really did not care. Concierge was anything but helpful. Inquired about nearby Catholic Church. Was given a phone number. When I called to get mass times the women there said "you are welcome to come here but there are several other churches closer to where you are". Went back to Concierge but my friend googled, called and got me information before I could get information. And talk about bad attitudes. Must be an employment requirement that you be as unhelpful as possible. I don't blame the employees though; this attitude has to come from the top.
I would never stay there again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business