“Fantastic experience!”

Ranked #47 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Seattle
“Fantastic experience!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

In May (4th-9th) my parnter and I travelled to anaheim and stayed at the Hilton. The place is big and you can easily get lost but once you map it out it's pretty easy! The pool was plain but served to a really nice chill spot! The food (the grill outside and room-service) both served to be very tasty! We always get room service and sometimes there is a long wait-but never at the hilton! You pay for the parking garage and at times it was super packed, but we got a spot everyday. We didn't stay too much at the hotel as we went to a dodgers game, an angels game, DL, California adventure and San Diego, but the hotel was located in a great spot!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Disney Land. Each evening at 9pm there is a fireworks display and you can see it f...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (836)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Devon, UK
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Anaheim for 3 nights at the start of our 2 week tour of California/Arizona/Utah/Nevada. We chose the Hilton as we are Diamond Hilton Honors members and we were hoping for a nice upgrade! Hilton Honors check-in was a breeze and we were given a huge room with complimentary wifi. The only downside was the view from our room - looking out to the Convention Centre and car parks!

We weren't interested in the Disney parks, but they are really close by. We wanted to see LA, but we knew that driving (and parking) in LA would be a nightmare, so we arranged to have a driver for the day to take us to see 'the sights'. It cost about £300 for 4 of us, but it was worth every penny! He took us to Hollywood, Downtown LA, Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive etc and he was very knowledgable.

We didn't eat in the hotel at all - but found some excellent restaurants within walking distance. There is a Starbucks on the ground floor, but the queues in the morning were HUGE! We did queue up on the first morning, but gave up after about 25 minutes!

Would we stay again? Yes, but that's only because we have Diamond status and would hope for another upgrade!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We spent the first week of July at the Hilton Anaheim for our Disneyland vacation. This hotel was PACKED for a convention as it is located adjacent to the convention centers.
Self parking allowed easy access to the lobby once we actually found a spot. Larger SUVs might find the parking garage challenging.

Check in was easy and was a very positive experience thanks to Ann-Marie (sp?) who gave us lots of information about the hotel and seemed genuinely interested in hearing about our plans during our stay.

Elevators were usually packed with people but moved quickly. We hit a snag late one night after returning from the fireworks show at the parks. We waited almost 10 minutes for an elevator as the line stretched into the lobby.

I would suggest asking for a room close to an elevator bank if you are not able to walk far distances or have small walking children. It took several minutes for us to walk to our room which faced the parks.

We had a lanai room with a balcony overlooking the back of California Adventure. It was wonderful to catch the fireworks show one night when our youngest child came back to the hotel early. In the morning, we enjoyed our coffee on the balcony.

Sidenote: The Starbuck's in the lobby was packed every morning - service is extremely fast but the line gets longer as the morning progresses. I also didn't see any fresh fruit for sale (bananas or apples) but maybe they sold out.

The walk to the park is 15 - 20 minutes depending on your walking speed. We found it easy to navigate to the park by walking out by the Starbuck's and down the path between the hotel and convention center.

The one real negative: Room service was a mess. The delivery took longer than we were told, and then the order was just plain wrong. Even after four calls and additional deliveries, it was still not correct. The menu in our room was totally different from the one in our friends room down the hall. No apologies were made.

I heard rumors that the club level would come back but I'm not sure if that's the case. I've stayed here on business many times and have high status as a Hilton Honors member. The hotel didn't acknowledge either but I didn't ask for any special benefit or privileges. We always enjoyed having access to the club level in previous visits but I'm sure that it was abused.

There are several stores and restaurants within walking distance including a convenience store and quick service dining. We saw families with coolers, pizzas, and snacks coming into the lobby area.

Overall, we were pleased with the room and proximity to the park. We will stay again!

Room Tip: The hotel is large so be sure to specify if you need a room closer to the elevators.
2 Thank katiey424
Connecticut
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I just spent 10 days/9 nights at the Anaheim Hilton with my teenage son while attending a sports event that was held at the Anaheim Convention Center. Although the hotel is a little tired-looking and could use new carpeting and some sprucing up, the room was kept clean and was comfortable. The a/c was not easy to control - room temp was either too hot or too cold and the system turned on and off at random. We had an odd hole in the bathroom ceiling above our tub that would occasionally drip water with black stuff in it. When I finally got a response from the staff via phone about this, it was described as "a feature" they have in the rooms to drain the a/c condensation. It was as if we should pay extra for it and were getting a special deal to have such a feature! We had requested a quiet room, as we needed to be up early in the morning and ready for serious competition. We had a very noisy family with infants/toddlers next door for a couple of nights in the middle of our stay and it was quite disturbing. Other people (probably attending other conventions) were also noisy in the hallway until 3am on most nights. I had a view of the Marriott, which is also convenient to the Convention Center, and was wishing I had a balcony like the Marriott rooms have so that I could enjoy sitting outside in the lovely California weather (Hilton has no balconies in the rooms). There were several public places to sit outside, but the crowded, gated pool area was very unappealing with tons of children, which is to be expected at a hotel across the street from Disney Land. By 6 am each morning, there was already a line at the Starbuck's in the lobby and many customers came from the Marriott, where the line was even longer. Breakfast buffet at the hotel restaurant was over-priced and the food was not prepared or kept well (made-to-order omelette was not prepared with the ingredients we requested and the eggs, oatmeal, bacon, etc. on the buffet were all cold). It was only the second time we ate the buffet breakfast that the server told us we could order pancakes & french toast from the kitchen, which was included in the buffet price. Room service food was very good and always came on time. The restaurant/room service system does not give receipts, so it is difficult to check the bill for accuracy. The staff was pleasant, but there was always a line of about 20 people waiting for help at the front desk and I only saw one person working at the front desk at any give time over the 10 days. I tried getting through using the hotel phone system a few times and my calls were just bounced around either back to the operator, or to some random voice mail box. The one time I did get through to discuss an item on my bill, the change that was promised was not made and I just had to call again from home to take care of that. The elevators were inadequate. We often had to wait 10 - 15 minutes to fit into an elevator and usually would get in going up just to get a spot to eventually go down. I did laundry a few times and there was always a long wait and there were days when the change machines and soap machines were not working. We were not able to wait behind the 30 people on the line at the front desk to get change there and the bell desk had already given out all the quarters they could find, which was barely enough for one person to do her laundry. I was glad I had reserved a rental car in advance from Enterprise (they have a desk in the lobby, which I did not know before I arrived). There was rarely an attendant at the Enterprise desk, where there was sometimes a line to get help on the Enterprise phone, so best to reserve ahead so there will be someone there when you want to get your vehicle. I travel quite a lot and found this hotel to be fine - mainly because it was clean and convenient to everything we needed. The area is great for conventions, with so much within walking distance (Disney Land, restaurants, movie theaters, convenience stores, etc.). There are also many other hotels nearby, also within walking distance of everything I mentioned, and I did not hear any others from our event complaining about any of them. I think it's an area with lots of great hotel choices at various price points.

Room Tip: The 5th Floor has the pool, laundry, restaurant, kids' activities and outdoor areas used for mee...
1 Thank Someplace_Else
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Based on my prearrival experience--customer service rep who aggressively managed my 3 reservations with out my permission and removed them from my Hilton account, then messed up the dates--and reviews on here, I was sure I would not enjoy my stay at this hotel. But the longer I was at the Hilton Anaheim the more I liked it.

Make no mistake--this is not one of the best Hilton properties out there. The hotel reeks of cost cutting. If I had not been a Hilton Diamond level guest I'd be very frustrated.

The hotel is clean but blandly styled. There are lots of outdoor seating areas, which is a plus. I was given an enormous upgraded room with a seating area and conference room table. The extra space was nice, but it was so lacking in character that it was almost depressing. I rarely spent time in the room, choosing to sit outdoors instead.

The gym is filled with incredible amenities-an indoor pool to get away from the kids at the tiny for the size of the hotel outdoor pool was perfect-but an extra fee is added to use it for non-top tier Hilton guests. Like the rest of the hotel its styling was also so boring and bland--I felt like I was in a 1980s era convention center.

I was at the hotel for 5 nights. By the 5th one, I began to relax in the blandness. I'm not sure why---but the Hilton Anaheim grew on me. The hotel is steps away from the convention center (once you actually get out of the hotel), and walking distance of many good restaurants.

I'd likely try the brand new Doubletree hotel just down the street if I came back to Anaheim.

Room Tip: Beware of rooms on the lanai decks--some have double connecting doors and they all have sliding glas...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our family stayed at the Hilton Anaheim for a week to attend a conference next door at the Convention Center. To be honest, our expectations for the hotel were pretty low. I mean, this is between the convention center and Disneyland! We expected a tired, overused facility with overwhelmed staff. We were wrong. The rooms were well appointed and maintained. The food was good, and room service was courteous and efficient. The lobby, health club and pool were great. We bought tickets to Disney in the lobby and easily walked to the parks. The convention center was just steps away. We had no complaints at all. Well done, hotel management and staff!

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed at the hilton anaheim June 28th-July 2nd, and my experience was fantastic! While it did suck that there wasn't any free wifi, I went outside and sat on the benches near the convention centre and was able to use their free wifi, great! The pool area was really nice, and played Disney movies at night, and you could see the fireworks from Disney. The sandwich place in the food court makes great sandwiches!

Dominic was the employee I dealt with at check in, and a few other times, and he was great! Very helpful and kind. I appreciated the great customer service. I also ate in the restaurant Mix, and had Rudolpho and he was fantastic! He was so kind, and made sure we were pleased with our dinner. (I also had the best salad of my life there, cobb salad shaker! Get it!)

Would go back in an instant!

Tip, while it is close enough to walk to Disney, there was a $4 shuttle that would take you there and back as much as you want that was great!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends