Hilton Anaheim
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Alpine Inn(Anaheim)
4,675 results
All reviewsconvention centermix restauranthuge hoteldisney viewsmall foodcorner roomself parkingattending a conferenceper dayacross the streetdisney parksvisiting disneylandart busgift shopnear disneylandafter a long daycalifornia adventure
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Nice enough Hotel. But I did not find the check in very accomodating or forth coming with any information unless you asked. Not even how to get to my room. They have two elevators and of course I took the wrong elevator at first. It has a Bus that comes by every 20 minutes or so to go to the Disney Park. You have to ask.
Small fee to pay. There are no Cabs that go to the park. They are not allowed only the Transport buses. This Hotel is only about 3 stops from the Front entrance area to the Park.
But it definately is not very close to walk. Especially at the end of the day. I had my mother with me that is 75. Not close even for my teenagers. .
Line for Starbucks in the Hotel was about 30 minutes. Beds were comfy, Rollaway bed was allowed and they charged me no extra. Had to call twice for it. The parking is not free. For the price I got on Hotwire plus taxes. I think 4 stars was not appropriate because of service.

Room Tip: Lower units less wait time.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Dear CINDERELLASTRUNK-

Thank you very much your review. We appreciate your feedback and will be sharing your thoughts with our team. We take pride in going above and beyond for our guests and treating them like family. We certainly are glad your shared your thoughts as it helps our team and company to grow.

Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Best,

Reviewed November 14, 2011

My experience with this hotel started threw Priceline (got a great price) and didn't know what to expect. I have never staid at a Hilton and was very much impressed. Yes it is a big hotel and we did not have a problem with the elevators like some of the other reviews did. I went with two nine year olds and they had a blast. It is a business designed hotel and it does cater to the children (at the restaurtant Kids eat free with an adult). The children's splash park was cold but they still enjoyed it. Everytime we came back to the room at night the girls were so excited to see how the maid had laid out their stuff animals on their bed (everyday it was different and that was a nice touch). There is no fridge in the standard room but all you had to do was order one. I can't say enough about Aaron Kang. He was extermely helpful and made my daughter's 9th birthday really special! The staff on the whole was great but we did have a little problem with retrieving our luggage from the baggage check in a timely fashion. FYI: the baggage is not stored in the lobby but far away make sure you have plenty of time. Not impressed with the Super Shuttle. We used them for our transfer from the airport to the hotel. We had to wait 45 minutes for the shuttle and then he drove around for another 20 minutes trying to fill up his van. Not good when it is 8 o'clock at night and you have two children. I talked to the fellow (at the Super Shuttle desk in the lobby) about this and his response was did you book it. So if you are going to use Super Shuttle make sure you book a specific time with them or you will be left waiting. I would highly recommend this hotel to all of my friends and family!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Dear dm40kap3,

Thank you for your wonderful compliments about the Hilton Anaheim. We are very proud of our recent addition to our pool deck and are very happy to hear that the children enjoyed their time there. On those warm California days we like to have the kids area water set at a refreshing temperature. We will certainly take a look at the temperature of the water to insure that it is at a suitable for all.

We apologize for the delay in the baggage delivery. We try and keep our immediate lobby area open and easy to maneuver around. We try not to create any clutter or obstacles that would interfere with your stay. We will be sure to let the appropriate department director know about the delay in order to make the check in and out process of luggage as seamless as possible.

We are also very happy to hear that you were able to experience that personal touch that we hope all of our guests receive when staying at the Hilton Anaheim. We will be sure to inform Aaron Kang and our housekeeping staff of you kind remarks and how they made your stay a memorable one.

Thank you so much for posting your comments and concerns. It’s people like you that provide us with the ability to make your stay a pleasant and memorable one. Thank you for choosing the Hilton Anaheim!

All the best,

Reviewed November 13, 2011

As many others have said this is a huge hotel. We came to Southern California for our honeymoon. We did get upgraded to a corner room with a great view of Disneyland. Our stay happened to coincide with the a couple of different conferences at the hotel and the adjacent Anaheim conference center. It was a battle to get to our room every night as the lobby area is quite the gathering place.

This hotel tries to be family friendly, but it really is a hotel designed for business. There is nothing wrong with that but be prepared. I struggle with being charged for internet, and access to the fitness center. Just raise the price or charge a resort fee and include it all.

Overall this is a good hotel, nothing fantastic and is okay if you're going to Disneyland.

Things to know:
1. If you have your own vehicle it's $15 a day to park.
2. There is a shuttle that picks up right in front of the hotel and comes about every 10-15 min. We paid $10 for a 3-day pass.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room facing the park.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Andy H
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2011

Dear Andy H-

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and will definitely share this information with our team. We pride ourselves in catering to not only our business guests, but our leisure guests as well. Unfortunately, the hotel can get a bit hectic during large conventions; making it more difficult for our leisure guests to move about. I am however, happy to hear that you were upgraded to a Disney view suite! I hope you were able to enjoy the fireworks show from Disneyland every night!

A little tip that might help you next time is when making a reservation, please feel free to ask our agents if any large groups are going to be in town when you plan to visit so you can be better informed of what to expect or pick a different date all together.

Once again, thank you for your review and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
All the best, Jennifer Sacks, Guest Satisfaction Manager

Reviewed November 12, 2011

I wrote this review back in late September but could not post it till now, as Trip Adviser only allow you to post once on the same hotel in a 3 month period. So times up I can do the last stay at the Hilton in Anaheim.

I have just got back 3 hours ago from my near two week stay at the Hilton Anaheim. This hotel is focused on customer service and its number 1.

The lobby is very large and is a great place to relax in and watch the day to day activities. The wifi is also faster in the lobby than in the rooms, however the room wifi is fast enough to make good Skype calls and to me that's important to be able to ring home and talk to family and friends in Christchurch New Zealand.

The pool area is excellent, they have a great child lock (the first time I could not even get into it) till a pool attendant showed me how it worked. The whole area is very safe for kids. They also have a kids pool with a water fall type thing, The pool and grounds is cleaned each morning and during the night some sort of filter runs I saw it moving around in the pool from my room.

The restaurant staff and the cook are fantastic, the chief cooked the food I wanted and the way I wanted it. The buffet breakfast is fantastic with lots of choices. You can even get a hot choc with breakfast and for a non tea or coffee drinker the hot choc choice is just great. I recommend that you ask for Dominica to serve you, he is just the the best, my last meal just before I left the hotel the chief put a beautiful decoration of a flower made out of a tomato. It was just wonderful. All staff in the restaurant go out of there way to help you. The food is very good.

Also if you need any help with trips or how to get to some place I recommend you speak to either Barbara or Brad or Christine.

The check in staff are all good and fast and get you into your room asap even when you arrive at 10.15am.

The bell boys are great, they come up to my room with my luggage, then as I was leaving came and took the case down and weighted and bought it up again, then the next day they did the same so I knew I would not be overweight flying back to Australia.

Coming from New Zealand and currently living in Australia tipping is not something that comes natural to me. I have been in USA lots of times and not really tipped for anything, but the service in this hotel made me want to tip.

This was my fourth visit to the Anaheim and I did wonder if they would live up to my expectations of other visits, but this hotel was just as good and even better. I will be returning next year.

Christine Merrall

Room Tip: A corner room on the 11th, 12th or 14th floor are the best.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

Dear Christine M-

WOW! We can’t thank you enough for sharing your Hilton Anaheim experience on TripAdvisor! You sound like a veteran traveler and know exactly what to look for when you’re on the road that will bring a smile to your face and validates your choice of hotel! Here at our hotel we seek to bring nothing but the most outstanding service and it sounds like that’s exactly what you experienced! Dominica, Brad, Christine and Barbara thank you for mentioning them in this review and look forward to seeing you again when you return!

We sincerely thank you again for sharing your experience and look forward to seeing you in the future!

Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 11, 2011

The Positives = The location of this property is good. It's right next to the convention centre. The self-parking is easy to access and is very affordable.

The Negatives= Front desk staff are not very friendly. Housekeeping does not pay close attention to details (see pictures), the sink in the bathroom backed up and spewed black stuff all over the sink. The handle on the toilet was broken. The building itself appears to be poorly constructed (none of the door frames/walls/ceilings appear straight).

I am a big Hilton fan, but I absolutely did not enjoy this hotel. It is not luxurious by any means. We paid a group rate of $199 +taxes & fees and it was not worth it. They also nickel and dime you for everything. The fitness club fees are $14/day or $34/for a 3 day pass. The club is extremely busy in the morning. If you want a piece of cardio equipment, get there early or be prepared to wait. I think they must sell exterior memberships. Internet is also very expensive and BRUTALLY slow. I think we paid about $15/day for internet. It stopped working completely one afternoon.

I would recommend checking out the Sheraton. It's directly across the street.

Room Tip: Elevators are very slow. Try to stay close to the ground.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Dear HabsFan21,

The Hilton Anaheim would like to say we appreciate the loyalty you have to the Hilton family brand. Thank you for informing the visitors to TripAdvisor in regard to our convenient location to the Anaheim Convention Center we are also 2 blocks away from The Disney Resort.
We are extremely saddened by your disappointing stay. You have all the right to express your frustration with the service that you received while at the Hilton Anaheim. I can assure you that it is not typical. We pride ourselves with going above and beyond for our guests, providing top-notch service and insuring that our renovated hotel (renovation completed in 2009) is up to high standards. We will be sure to inform our Front Office, Housekeeping and Property Operations senior staff of your posting. Thanks to your comments on TripAdvisor we will be able to address this matter. We would like to also inform you that we are currently undergoing improvements to our internet connection and that might have been the reason for any shut down that might have happened during your stay.
As a loyal Hilton guest it might be possible that you are a Hilton HHonors member. We would like to inform you that the Health Club and internet are complimentary to loyal Hilton HHonors members. If you are not a member please feel free to sign up at the Hilton Hotels website in order to take advantage of complimentary amenities.

Once again HabsFan21, we would like to thank you for enlightening the Hilton Anaheim with your concerns. It’s people like you that make it possible for our hotel to strive to be the BEST. As a loyal Hilton guest we hope you haven’t given up on us and will give the Hilton Anaheim another chance to show you our BEST.

Thank you!