“Be sure you get the Palm!”

Desert Palms Hotel & Suites
Ranked #22 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 2, 2006

There are 2 hotels in this are with very similar names. This is the one you want and after reading reviews of both, staying at this one and knowing someone who stayed at another this one is the good one. I am afraid because of the name some people may be reviewing the wrong ones. There are no bugs here! There are inside cooridors which reduce the noise. This is a nice place. The walk is about 10 minutes and after a long day it may seem long, but paying to park at Disneyland can be just as long. We did it in August. The breakfast room does get crowded but it is big, a lot bigger than the other places we have stayed in at the area. The food is the same as everywhere other continental breakfast in the area, just o.k. The rooms are clean, the only problem we had was the lighting was a little dark. The beds were good. We called for more towls and they came quickly. We saw a lot of kids next to us but we never heard them! The pool is small but so are all the other pools in the area. At least it is not facing the street. The staff was very helpful! They gave us directions and tips to grocery stores, airports, resteraunts, etc. We had friends who stayed at the other Inn and suites (not the Palms) and said it was terrible and would never fo there again. This place is great! I would highly recomend it and we will be back!

• Stayed: January 2005
6  Thank Sacrament_traveler
Write a ReviewReviews (2,051)

Reviewed September 22, 2006

Having looked at the reviews on this website I wasn't entirely sure what I was going to be getting, but shouldn't have been worried in the slightest! Do sometimes wonder if people have stayed at the hotels in the recent past - for instance we didn't need to use a keycard to get into the hotel despite getting back from ESPN Zone at 12:30pm. Arrived before the room was ready, but I knew that anyway and so put luggage in storage. Off we went to Disney for the day, then spent three nights in a Borrego Suite and have to say that it was great. As we were three singletons it's hard finding a room with three beds, but all were good even the sofabed - which was remarkable in itself! Room was cleaned every day, with always coffee, etc. replenished - why is the coffee maker in the bathroom?? Good breakfast considering it's free - toast, cereal, juice and danishes. Found the frontdesk very helpful, giving phone numbers for transfers, etc. Also it's only two blocks to Disney, so leave the car in the carpark and walk it - is quite probably quicker to do so!! All in all a good hotel and the final bill was less than I thought it was going to be as well...

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with friends
5  Thank AndrewT
Reviewed August 14, 2006

My father and I had a good time staying at the Desert Palm Hotel and Suites. We only stayed for one night and found our stay to be enjoyable. I can't comment on the houskeeping concerns previous poster had but I saw a ton of housekeeping staff cleaning while we were there so I'd like to think that the previous poster's experience was a one-off.
While the hotel is clean and comfortably appointed, it's not luxurious. For the approximately 150.00 dollars we paid I think that the suite we had was reasonable given the hotel's proximity to Disneyland and its inclusion of a pretty generous continental breakfast. I've stayed in a lot of hotels near and around Disneyland and it seems generally to be true that the closer that you get to the park the more expensive and the less luxuriously rooms are appointed. But I definitely thought that the Desert Palms was super clean and nice, if not fancy.
One of the best things about the Desert Palms Hotel and Suites is that it was able to give us the exact type of suite set up that my dad and I needed. When we've taken trips together, it's usually less expensive to get a suite than it is to get two rooms. However, as we both like to have some privacy and because my dad snores incredibly loudly, usually we end up getting seperate rooms instead of a shared suite. The Desert Palms suites have seperate rooms seperated by actual doors between their suites (at least in the suite that we stayed in). This made it a much better deal for us to stay there since we also wanted to stay close to the park and most single rooms that I found that were as close to the park were in the 100.00 dollar range.
If you're traveling with a group that has members that would like to remain somewhat autonomous, the Desert Palms is probably a good place for you to stay.
Oh, and we arrived early in the morning the day we planned to check in. While, understandably, our suite was not yet ready, they didn't have any problem letting us park in the lot and pre-check in (they also upgraded us to a nicer suite!). I think it's always a good idea when visiting Disneyland to try to check in as early as possible. I've generally been upgraded to a nicer room or suite when I've done this and I think that is why I don't generally end up near the ice machine and/or elevator:)

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
8  Thank Glendale_Sarah
Reviewed July 20, 2006

Dear Travelers,
I stayed at the Desert Palms from July 17 - 20th. When I first entered the room I observed used soap and wet used wash cloth in the sink. The one chair by the desk had a big yucky stain on it. On the second day I returned from Disney after 4 because the folder said that they clean between 9 - 4. I was undressed, taking a shower at 4:30 and the cleaners tried to get the front door open (thanks for bolts). I asked them to come back a little later. They never came. I looked at the hotel folder and they mention to put a "maid please so room" sign on the door when you leave. I left at 7am but when I returned again at 4 no one had come by. So for three days I had no coffee or clean towels or trash removal. I went to the desk and told the lady that I did not have any towels so she sent some over so I could shower but no room cleaning. I would not recommend this hotel.
Barbara Cantwell

Stayed: July 2006
9  Thank barbyC
Sacramento, california
Reviewed July 2, 2006

Okay, well this was our first time going to Disneyland and we were all pump.
Everyone wanted to stay in a nice hotel, relax and so on. Of course we drove 6.5 hours from Sacramento, California so everyone was really tired. We came in a group of 12 peoples and when we got there to the hotel everyone was like what the heck the lobby was so small compare to the picture on the internet, but we was like okay maybe it's not that bad. Finally when we were planning to check in the lady at the front desk was really nice and really helpful. We park and got the room key and all and went and got our loggage we came through the side door at the back and the first thing we saw was the tiny pool we was not happy. Okay then we went looking for our room. The elevator somehow in the lobby did not take us to our floor. We have to go the the other side of the hotel to get to our floor. We was in the 4th floor. We didn't get a view of the street but we did get a view of the pool so it wasn't that bad. When we got to the room the bed wasn't that bad but it was okay. My complaint was the guy at the lobby kept asking us question like how many people are staying in the room and all theses other question. Of course we came in 12 people and we did got a family suite which was the kalihiri suites I believe and a regular standard room. It fitted us well, but I feel that for the price we've paid it was not worth it. The guy made us feel really uncomfortable and bot welcome at all. Next time would stay somewhere else. We thought that is was a nice and fancy hotel but guest not. But Disneyland and California advanture was a blast and we would difinitely go again. But not to this hotel, never again. But it was a real experience because now we know that hotel are capable of lying and false advertise.

• Stayed: May 2006
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Visalia, CA
Reviewed April 26, 2006

I just returned from staying here on business, and felt like I HAD to write a review. After reading the previous couple of posts, I almost feel bad for the management here. I stayed in a King Suite (Rm 470), and have to say that I was impressed. I was there on a Tuesday night, and was able to get a great deal. (somewhere around $85 or so).

The room itself was very clean and comfortable. It was a two room suite, with the second room containg bunkbeds, couch, and a TV for the kids. The fist room held a kingsize bed, TV, Fridge, and Microvave. All of which worked very well. The TV only had a few channels, but to be honest, I wasn't there to watch TV anyways.

I made it a point to stay on the top floor, and didn't have any problems with traffic noises. One thing to mention is that the shower head is actually above my head for a change (I am about 6ft tall, and always have to "crouch" to get under most shower heads)

The breakfast is continental, which means fruit, coffee, cereal and muffins. But remember, it is FREE.

The one downside is that you need to pay to access the internet. In this day and age, I don't think that they should be charging. I can walk to just about any coffee shop and get the internet for free.

All in all, this was (and is) a great place to stay. My family would be very comfortable here, and I plan on staying here when we come back to play.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
18  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 25, 2006

We stayed at the Desert Palms hotel in their so called luxury suite for two nights. I was very disappointed with the room, the carpet was comming up and the room was not very clean, the breakfast was a joke ( dry doughnuts ) also the towels were very rough and smelt like musty bleach. The key cards only worked on the rooms I had a problem with the entrance doors from the outside. The beds were not very comfortable, The television had a broken front cover also the remote batteries were almost dead. The online tour was totally different from the real room the online tour made this place look like it was a high quality suite in all this place is not worth the money they gouge you for ($300.00 a night in my case)The room did not look anything like they promote on the online tour! Very unsatisfied the same room anywhere else would not get $100.00 a night maximum! The only reason they can charge what they do is because of the location next to Disneyland. Very upset in Seattle James!

• Stayed: March 2006