Spent 8 days there at start of July. We had two rooms; ours was a sahara kitchenette suite, (room 435) to the front of the hotel, with a nice view out to the street and all the gorgeously lit trees. Other couple with us had a standard room (426) along the hall, which looked out to a brick wall and developed a damp smell during the holiday. So... I'd probably recommend one of the suites if you visit!
Location is ideal, 10 mins to Disney, 10 mins to the Gardenwalk, where you'll find lots of eating places, nice shops and a cinema complex.
Check in staff were very friendly, lobby is spacious and spotless. Parking was in a underground area, which I found a little off-putting, but it was free, which many others are not. My abiding memory of this hotel is how clean it was, the staff were ALWAYS cleaning, from the floors of the elevator to the tops of the corridor pictures, it was great!
Kitchen area had dishes and cutlery, a fridge, microwave and cooker. We didn't cook there, but it was a handy facility. Personally I found the way the cups, coffee maker and dishes had been cleaned left a strong after taste of bleach-like dishwasher tablets, so used the polystyrene for cups for tea!
Breakfast was similar every morning, but there was lots of it, and being able to have cornflakes, toast, fruit juice and tea each morning was a healthy start which saved us a lots of bucks in eating out! They also did eggs, oatmeal, sausages, oranges, etc.
The pool was the only slight disappointment - quite small, didn't catch much sunlight, was cold and the chlorine was very strong. We elected after our first dip to walk the 200 yards to a hotel we'd stayed at last trip... bit cheeky, I know, but we did give it lots of money in drinks and snacks!
For the money, the Desert Palms was good value and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I 'd definitely stay again if I get back to Anaheim.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Desert Palms Hotel and Suites is located in the heart of the Anaheim Resort. It is right on the corner of business and pleasure; located next door to the Disneyland Resort and across the street from the Anaheim Convention Center. Along with our spacious rooms and suites we offer Free Breakfast, Free Parking, and a Free Hot Breakfast Buffet. All rooms and suites come equipped with a microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker. You are sure to find the perfect place for your family vacation at the Desert Palms Hotel. Our room offering start with the Deluxe Room, which offers 2 queen beds and continues with a number of different suites. Our Borrego Suites offers a sunken living room with sofa sleeper for up to 6 people. Our Yuha Kids Suite offers a bunk bed for the kids! Our Sahara Condo Suite offers a full kitchen, perfect for longer stays. Our largest room, the Kalahari Family Suite sleeps up to 8 people with 2 private bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. There is something for everyone at the Desert Palms Hotel. Kids will have a blast at our arcade corner and even have their own special check in at our Kids Registration. In the lobby they can start the scavenger hunt to find our hidden Mickey and Minnie and receive a prize! Our lobby also features a photo kiosk, perfect for taking that family photo and uploading it straight to Facebook or Twitter. Choose the Desert Palms Hotel for your next Anaheim Vacation and Experience the Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Desert Palms Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Palms Hotel And Suites
- Desert Palms Anaheim
- Desert Palms Hotel Suites
- Desert Palms Hotel Anaheim