“Decent hotel next to Disney and the Convention center”

Desert Palms Hotel & Suites
Ranked #23 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is dated but is in a great location. Disney is behind the hotel and the convention center is across the street. Decent food, good service, and a good price. Great for families. There are several good resteraunts within walking distance or you could drive to many others nearby.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank TravelingLaxMan
Write a ReviewReviews (2,044)

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I was in charge of planning a family reunion and I chose this hotel. I am always nervous when I am in charge of making decisions for other people because I never want to disappoint them. Thankfully this place was a great great match for everyone!!! My dad said he will never stay anywhere else again. Free breakfast is great, rooms are comfortable, tram is the most convenient thing ever. We really loved everything about this hotel. We already have our next trip reserved.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Amy Damon S
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Booked this for holidays just after christmas. This time I thought I 'll treat ourselves with nice hotel when going in to watch Anaheim hockey and Disneyland. Okay I can only blame my self for this, not reading other people comments. The price not correspond to the level of accomodation you expect, its way overpriced. Breakfast is lousy, couldnt eat it, just took coffee. Rooms are olddated thinwalls, you can hear your neighbour in his toilet.
Really cant recommend this because there is better quality motels aroun there.

Room Tip: Same price plus little extra, go to one those famous hotels.
4  Thank Klint_12
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Staff was great, very friendly and accomodating.

Liked: Water carafes in the lobby, filled up our water bottles for Disney every day, saved a few pennies :) We had a Yuha suite which was great, my son and I were on the bunks and my mom was in the main room. Safe in the room, easy to use, charged $1 per day but no big deal. Room service menu was decent and prices were not overinflated. Coffee/liquor bar in the hotel just off the lobby, good for a morning cup of coffee as the coffee with the complimentary breakfast was pretty bad. Wish it stayed open past 10pm as I could have used a drink once my son went to bed and out of the room from my mom! Pool was great and my son couldn't get enough of it. It was only about 17 celcius when we were there but the pool was heated and he didn't care. Right next door to a 7-11 and another convenience store, was easy to buy snacks and wine ;) Rooms were clean.

Disliked: coffee at complimentary breakfast (but it was free so wasn't expecting much).

Ok: complimentary breakfast, not great, not good. Waffles were a hit with my son. Wish they had more protein besides egg and yogurt, few days they had sausage. About a ten minute walk to Disney at a decent pace.

I would stay here again with my family but not with my mother, she is a slow walker and it took us about 20 minutes to walk to the park.

Room Tip: Wouldn't choose a room that overlooks the pool if you have kids trying to go to bed early. Not...
2  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The location of this Hotel is great for exploring the Disney parks. But other than that the Desert Palms was a let down. The rooms were tired looking - albeit relatively comfortable. The walls were very thin and we could hear everything going on in next door rooms. The plumbing was very noisy and woke us up numerous times. Breakfast was included but after the first of three breakfasts we preferred to eat elsewhere. The food was not great in quality and served with plastic plates and cups. Would not stay here again.

2  Thank Paul T
Reviewed December 28, 2013

easy walk to Disney, great staff and nice room. Pool and hot tub ok. wish they were in a sunny location and larger.
breakfast ok at best. same stuff every morning, but a lot cheaper than Disney.
We had a room with two beds and a pullout, the pullout was in tough shape and bathroom was a little dirty when checking in. Overall good value

2  Thank MN-FIRE
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Our stay at the Desert Palms was good. We started with a check in issue that was not the fault of the hotels and they did all they could to fix our travel agents mistake. The hotel is clean and comfortable, it's biggest asset is it location to the parks and restaurants. The pool is also great if your having a day off Disney. The breakfast is included with the deal but if your staying longer then 3 days you'll be craving fresh food pretty quickly. By our 4th day even the kids did not want doughnuts and processed food for breakfast. Not to worry, Disneyland has good food as do many of the restaurants near by. Overall I'd recommend this hotel, especially if you have kids.

Room Tip: If you can get a suite, do it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family