We recently had a good stay at Desert Palms. In fact, we didn't complain once. Our room was nice. It was a suite where the kids room had a wall and bunk beds (TV on kids wall). It was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was about what we expected. It wasn't great, however, it wasn't bad either. I guess if I had one compliant it would be that the cafeteria was often jam packed in the mornings. They opened a room down the hall to accommodate everyone, which was nice.
We took our 8 and 5 year old and brought no stroller. We didn't think we'd need it. This made for some long walks back to the hotel carrying tired kids. It's about .5 miles to the entrance of the parks, and then you're walking all over all day long. We had to carry the 5 year old a lot. In hindsight we should have rented a stroller.
Anyways, there's a 7-11 next door to the hotel and a Subway across the street. There's a Cheesecake Factory, PF Chang's, and California Pizza (and a few others) maybe .5 miles in a different direction from the parks. We drove to those restaurants during our mid day break. You can get your parking validated when you eat.
We'll easily stay at Desert Palms in the future. The staff were very hospitable.
This was our favorite Disney area hotel in the three trips we've made in the last 5 years. We also stayed at the Staybridge and Fairfield Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Desert Palms Hotel and Suites is located in the heart of the Anaheim Resort. It is right on the corner of business and pleasure; located next door to the Disneyland Resort and across the street from the Anaheim Convention Center. Along with our spacious rooms and suites we offer Free Breakfast, Free Parking, and a Free Hot Breakfast Buffet. All rooms and suites come equipped with a microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker. You are sure to find the perfect place for your family vacation at the Desert Palms Hotel. Our room offering start with the Deluxe Room, which offers 2 queen beds and continues with a number of different suites. Our Borrego Suites offers a sunken living room with sofa sleeper for up to 6 people. Our Yuha Kids Suite offers a bunk bed for the kids! Our Sahara Condo Suite offers a full kitchen, perfect for longer stays. Our largest room, the Kalahari Family Suite sleeps up to 8 people with 2 private bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. There is something for everyone at the Desert Palms Hotel. Kids will have a blast at our arcade corner and even have their own special check in at our Kids Registration. In the lobby they can start the scavenger hunt to find our hidden Mickey and Minnie and receive a prize! Our lobby also features a photo kiosk, perfect for taking that family photo and uploading it straight to Facebook or Twitter. Choose the Desert Palms Hotel for your next Anaheim Vacation and Experience the Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Desert Palms Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Palms Hotel And Suites
- Desert Palms Anaheim
- Desert Palms Hotel Suites
- Desert Palms Hotel Anaheim