This hotel is older and I was a little concerned about cleanliness based on other reviews, but I took a chance and was very pleasantly surprised.
When we checked in the prices they had in their records were $30-$50 per night higher than what I had booked. I had a copy of my reservation email confirming the prices and they were quick to make the adjustment and upgrade me to a suite at no additional cost. The room included a fridge and microwave, was a good size, clean, and the beds were comfortable. I think my only complaint is that the towels were thin.
Included in my reservation was $30 worth of free food in the restaurant. When I checked in they not only upgraded my room and gave me the $30 coupons for free food, but they also gave me coupons for two free drinks, the password for free internet, a pass for free parking, and info on the free breakfast. The room did include a $9.95/day “resort” fee, but I did a lot of research and found nothing closer to Disneyland with parking, breakfast, and internet included.
We had drinks and dessert in the restaurant one night. It was very slow (business in the restaurant not the service), and we enjoyed talking with Russ, the friendly and knowledgeable bartender. The food and service was excellent as was the case when we went back for dinner a couple nights later.
The free breakfast was as good as any. It included fruit, yogurt, doughnuts, pastries, coffee, juice, eggs, bacon or sausage, cereals, and make your own waffles. It was very busy, but they did a good job keeping it clean and well stocked.
There is a convenience store right next door to the hotel which was very convenient for picking up water and snacks. The hotel is about a 10 minute brisk walk to the main entrance of Disneyland so we literally did not have to move our car or pay for any parking during our trip.
I had read reviews that complained about the walls being thin, but we only heard kids in another room one morning and it was no worse than you would experience in any hotel. Like many of the hotels near Disneyland, this is definitely and older property, but the staff is courteous and helpful and the rooms are clean so I think it is an excellent value and would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Desert Palms Hotel and Suites is located in the heart of the Anaheim Resort. It is right on the corner of business and pleasure; located next door to the Disneyland Resort and across the street from the Anaheim Convention Center. Along with our spacious rooms and suites we offer Free Breakfast, Free Parking, and a Free Hot Breakfast Buffet. All rooms and suites come equipped with a microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker. You are sure to find the perfect place for your family vacation at the Desert Palms Hotel. Our room offering start with the Deluxe Room, which offers 2 queen beds and continues with a number of different suites. Our Borrego Suites offers a sunken living room with sofa sleeper for up to 6 people. Our Yuha Kids Suite offers a bunk bed for the kids! Our Sahara Condo Suite offers a full kitchen, perfect for longer stays. Our largest room, the Kalahari Family Suite sleeps up to 8 people with 2 private bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. There is something for everyone at the Desert Palms Hotel. Kids will have a blast at our arcade corner and even have their own special check in at our Kids Registration. In the lobby they can start the scavenger hunt to find our hidden Mickey and Minnie and receive a prize! Our lobby also features a photo kiosk, perfect for taking that family photo and uploading it straight to Facebook or Twitter. Choose the Desert Palms Hotel for your next Anaheim Vacation and Experience the Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Splitty, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Desert Palms Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Palms Hotel And Suites
- Desert Palms Anaheim
- Desert Palms Hotel Suites
- Desert Palms Hotel Anaheim