Desert Palms Hotel & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Alpine Inn(Anaheim)
  • Pool
Anaheim Islander Inn and Suites(Anaheim)
View Hotel
Castle Inn and Suites(Anaheim)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
2,107 results
All reviewsborrego suitewafflesfree parkingminute walkfree breakfastcottage cheesekids suitebunk bedswithin walking distanceright next doorfront desk staffhot breakfastbreakfast roomacross the streetgreat place to stayseparate roomafter a long day
Reviewed January 29, 2013

What a great plalce to stay for 5 nights. Front desk so friendly. Ya gotta love that Sand Bar - those fish tacos were the best!!!! The service at the Sand Bar was excellant. They are so friendly and accomodating. It was like being at home staying at this facility. Altho my heater in the room was not working, the engineer followed up to be sure he got it fixed and the even on the next day, he wanted to double check everything was fine............NOW that's what I call a nice touch. I definitely would recommend this place. I didn't make use of t he spa so can not provide any comments but that pool sure looked inviting. Breakfast was fabulous - a large clean seating room with some outside seating. Some good healthy choices to start your day. Thank you Desert Palms.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Front desk staff, very friendly and helpful. Rooms and breakfast area very clean. Room was small (we had the king bed/bunk bed configuration). Real plates and silverware would have elevated the breakfast considerably. All that trash being created, and trying to eat with those flimsy forks and knives... And the coffee...sigh. Coming from the Pacific NW, the coffee in the breakfast room was terrible. The"in room coffee" was also a joke. A single serve coffee maker with only one serving of coffee (also terrible). The ABC market around the corner had Seattle's best which saved us. The breakfast had a good selection, but after a few mornings, the scrambled eggs seemed a little contrived. Fresh fruit was whole oranges and apples. Internet was slow during busy times. 10 minute walk from disneyland, that was convenient.
Next time I think we will splurge and stay at a Disney hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We arrived early in the morning after a long flight from Australia and were advised our room would not be available until appox 12 noon. We went across the road to Ihop for breakfast and returned a short time later. The lovely girls on reception, who could tell we were very tired, advised us they had upgraded us to a room that was available. We had a fantastic time, Disneyland was in walking distance, room was fantastic and breakfast was great. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 teenage children and would definitely recommend Desert Palms.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My sister and I ran a race in Disneyland this last weekend, and the Desert Palms was the perfect place for us to stay. Close enough to the park, but not right in the thick of things. We got a wonderful upgrade to a larger room (bonus!), and the room was clean, quiet, and well appointed. The shower water pressure wasn't great, but it was plenty hot! Having the fridge in the room was nice, as we kept water and snacks in there. We slept through the night (couldn't hear the neighbors, which is rarely the case in hotel rooms), and the staff couldn't have been sweeter. We got free parking (again, bonus!), and it was just what we needed. The breakfast was a little lacking, but for such a great deal, we didn't really care.

Room Tip: I always ask for a higher-level floored room, away from the elevator. It always works well for me!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank portland_OR_bird
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed here (while 8 months pregnant) with my 3 yr old son and 62 yr old mother for 3 nights. We rented a 1 bedroom suite with kitchen.

The Good:
Clean, well appointed kitchen with a nearly full sized refrigerator, walking distance to Disneyland, decent pool, friendly staff, reasonable prices (used AAA rate). Comfortable beds. Plenty of room. Free full breakfast! :)

Not so good:
While it is walkable to Disney it was a little far for a 3 yr old, 62 yr old and 30-something old prego. We walked it both ways the first day and took the city shuttle after that. The pull-out couch sofa is horrible to sleep on. The pool is a bit small but this really didn't bother me because we didn't spend much time there.

Would I stay again? Absolutely! That being said, I am going to try and find something a little bit closer next time. I'm just not sure I will be able to find another 1 bedroom suite as this one. If not, we'll be staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family