“Good Location to get to Disneyland!” 4 of 5 stars

Desert Palms Hotel & Suites
Ranked #29 of 116 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Singapore, Singapore
“Good Location to get to Disneyland!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

This hotel is located at a reasonable walking distance (10-15 mins) to disneyland. Stayed here with my family of 3 and enjoyed the casual ambience. The hotel staffs were very helpful and courteous. The hotel provides free american breakfast which you should have before you take that walk to disneyland. If you drive, this hotel provides free parking. There is also a small outdoor pool that we didnt really use because it was often crowded. Next to the hotel, you can find a convenient store that you can stock up your daily necessities and snacks. The best thing I like about this hotel is that it is well suited for families and you can find eating places nearby. We enjoyed our stay here.

Room Tip: I stayed on first floor facing the carpark. It was quiet and we could get a good sleep.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
North Hollywood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We are a family of 6 so finding a place to stay is difficult. This place was way above our expectations! From the phone call to make our reservation, to the minute we checked out, the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is just steps from the Disney Parks, which made it convenient and saved us money on parking. The room was super clean and very spacious. There was a delicious hot breakfast included, with plenty of choices for our picky kids. I have told all my friends and family about this place and will definitely be staying there again soon!

3 Thank Caroline C
Medford, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

On the exterior this hotel looks wonderful, but if you stay for even one night you'll find that the staff are very unfriendly and blunt. The free breakfast sounds like a great deal but the breakfast room is dirty and so cramped you wonder whether or not it's your arm grabbing your food or the person's behind you (not to mention the food is all reconstituted from powder form). If you have any kind of technological needs AVOID this place like the plague. I've never in my life been to a hotel (or anywhere for that matter) that had a slower Wi-Fi connection than this hotel. In order to remedy this problem I asked for a Cat-5 cable which the staff promptly told me they didn't have any. Shortly after this conversation, on the way back to my room I saw an employee walking down the hallway with (believe it or not) a Cat-5 cable, so I asked him if I could have one and he politely said yes and handed it to me. I went back to the room and plugged my cable happy that my frustration was finally going to be over and, surprise surprise, the cable was faulty. I went back down to the front room pointed at the cable and asked if I could have a replacement and the front desk woman went right back and grabbed me a new one (which also doesn't work mind you) so I decided to instead write a review using what little Wi-Fi I have... This is my second try... Approximately every 15 minutes of internet usage you have to reload your page or you get disconnected from their servers, so say goodbye to Netflix or 1channel or Hulu whichever is your internet movie watching site of choice. I couldn't be less happy. The only positive things I've experienced thus far from this hotel are their prompt cleaning service and the pool. We left this morning for our dreadful breakfast and came back to a spotless room, so if you plan on only being here to sleep.... Still not worth your money, go elsewhere.. Also the pool is clean and mostly empty so you get it all to yourself, but it is outside so in December it's no wonder there's nobody in it.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from the guest Ice dispenser and laundry room because it is VERY noisy.
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Daniel J
Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I cannot give an "excellent" because I don't feel I was really there for long enough (just long enough to sleep). The room was very clean and had a good set up, but as with many hotels, it was easy to hear the neighbors.
The staff was amazingly friendly.
We didn't eat breakfast because the beds were just too comfy and we could not wake up :)
I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dunedin, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay. The room was lovely. We didn't get to use other facilities, like the pool and gym, because we were at Disneyland full time. But would have liked to. The breakfast was great - lots of choice, excellent value. We would recommend the hotel to anyone coming to Disneyland. It is less than 10 minutes walk from the front entrance on the same side of the street. Also, there's a 7/11 right next door so you can buy food there for lunches, etc.

The hotel was very kind with parking. We arrived early on our check-in day and they allowed us to park in their carpark and go to Disneyland. We didn't actually check in until we got back from Disneyland after 9pm. The same thing on check-out day. We were allowed to leave the car there all day and pick it up after 9pm when we were ready to leave. They also have a free luggage storage area for guests.

Make sure you call the hotel first before buying online. They offer a discount for AAA members which would have made our stay cheaper. Unfortunately we booked online before we thought to check.

1 Thank allenoloughlin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed here last year (Dec 2011) and had a pleasant enough stay to warrant a second stay this year. Last year we stayed in a Sahara Suite with the kitchenette and the room was clean and comfortable. Staff was always friendly and our only comment was that the hallways were always uncomfortably warm. The breakfast provided was a great start to the day and the complimentary parking was a very nice perk. It is about a 10-15min walk which we didn't feel was an issue.

Jump to 2012 and we just returned from our trip two days ago. I now have a baby in addition to my toddler so my circumstances have changed a bit. This time we stay in the Kalahari suite. The first night was no fun. Granted my kids are young so they go to bed very early and I understand that most people are not going to go to bed at as early an hour as them. But at 10pm the room above us decided that they love the "let's jump off our bed" game. So my 2 year old gets woken up and decided that she did NOT like the idea that people were jumping and running in the room above us and we all had about 4 hours of sleep. Also, street noise was a bit loud especially when somebody decided to scream at the top of their lungs, but that's not the hotel's fault. Staff was great though and when we called to request a courtesy call to that room the jumping ended after that. Kudos to the staff!

After a long night of no sleep I requested to be moved to a higher floor where there wouldn't be a herd of elephants above us. They transferred us immediately to another Kalahari suite. This time, no one above us and on the opposite side facing the pool instead of street. Sound was much better since there was no one above us, at least that's how it initially appeared. Then there was the incided with the roach in the bathroom... On its back... And alive. Luckily another quick call to the front desk and someone came to dispose of the roach. And we requested two more luggage racks because ew there was a roach on the floor. Again, staff was super prompt and took care of the issue.

Now to the nights, no one is above us anymore but apparently there are some pretty large groups staying in adjacent rooms. You're only issued two keys so what's a big group to do? Let's flip the latch to keep the door from shutting. In and out, in and out, clang clang clang of the door hitting the latch, over and over and over... Even after midnight. Now my baby gets woken up and I'm trying to keep him from crying so that I'M not that noisy annoying room with the screaming baby. It took us stepping out in the hallway with a fussy baby at midnight asking the neighbors to please at least wrap a towel around the latch if they're going to prop the door. With a 4 night stay each night I averaged about 3-4 hours of sleep due to some sort of disturbance waking my kids. My kids that at home sleep 10-11 hours straight. I know I can't expect silence, especially at Disneyland but even my mom and sister were kept up by all the racket and yes the soundproofing is so scarce you can hear conversation from the adjacent rooms.

The rooms are nice and spacious, the breakfast is decent with good choices, free wifi and parking great, service/staff is good, sound proofing is awful. I'll admit that if I was back in my 20's and just visiting with friends I'd probably stick with this hotel. But with little kids to worry about the noise level was too distracting for my light sleepers and the walk was much more painful this second time around because we did return back for naps. I can do the walk back and forth but doing it a few times gets to be much, especially after a long day at the park. Probably will not return here until my kids are much older. I've already started researching alternate hotels for next years trip.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank L W
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed for four nights during our visit to Disneyland. It was very convenient, about a 10 minute walk to the entrance.
We were a family of five kids and four adults. The two rooms we reserved was perfect. Each room had two queen beds and a step down suite with a convertible queen size sofa. The room also had two LCD flat screen TV's.
Breakfast is also included. The first morning I was very disappointed in the breakfast, it was inedible. The following three mornings were much better.

1 Thank Art C