Just left the Desert Palms after a one week stay while visiting Disneyland. Chose this hotel because of great price we got and rank on trip advisor. This was our fourth trip to Disneyland from our home of Canada. We have found that all the reasonably priced hotels within walking distance are nothing to get excited about and this hotel is the same. Great that it is right next to 7-11 as it was a convenient place to pick up a drink or snack before or after the park. Walk was about 10-15 minutes to park entrance - liked this end of the strip of hotels on Harbour Blvd better than the end closer to I-5 as it made it more convenient to walk to restaurants at Anaheim Garden Walk and back to hotel at the end of the day. Hotel was clean enough but very basic - again expected because of price. Pool was lame and not really worth using. We had a basic room with 2 beds not a suite - again very basic. Two major complaints about the room are the beds - VERY uncomfortable as were the pillows and coverings - sheets and I blanket. Temperature control was another big issue as it was either hot or cold - no thermostat to control the temp so you are always up in the night adjusting. While the free breakfast is convenient it is not very tasty and after a day or two we opted for granola bars bought at Target. Don't think I would stay here again but would next time try the neighboring hotels such as Candy Cane Inn or Portofino Inn - same good location but maybe better beds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Desert Palms Hotel and Suites is located in the heart of the Anaheim Resort. It is right on the corner of business and pleasure; located next door to the Disneyland Resort and across the street from the Anaheim Convention Center. Along with our spacious rooms and suites we offer Free Breakfast, Free Parking, and a Free Hot Breakfast Buffet. All rooms and suites come equipped with a microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker. You are sure to find the perfect place for your family vacation at the Desert Palms Hotel. Our room offering start with the Deluxe Room, which offers 2 queen beds and continues with a number of different suites. Our Borrego Suites offers a sunken living room with sofa sleeper for up to 6 people. Our Yuha Kids Suite offers a bunk bed for the kids! Our Sahara Condo Suite offers a full kitchen, perfect for longer stays. Our largest room, the Kalahari Family Suite sleeps up to 8 people with 2 private bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. There is something for everyone at the Desert Palms Hotel. Kids will have a blast at our arcade corner and even have their own special check in at our Kids Registration. In the lobby they can start the scavenger hunt to find our hidden Mickey and Minnie and receive a prize! Our lobby also features a photo kiosk, perfect for taking that family photo and uploading it straight to Facebook or Twitter. Choose the Desert Palms Hotel for your next Anaheim Vacation and Experience the Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Desert Palms Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Palms Hotel And Suites
- Desert Palms Anaheim
- Desert Palms Hotel Suites
- Desert Palms Hotel Anaheim