I generally find convention hotels expensive and bland, and so look for other hotels within walking distance. I was very pleased with the Desert Palms. I arrived early and my designated room was not ready. I was shown a smaller room which I declined and offered to wait. I was upgraded to a Borrego Suite which was great. The fridge was large and microwave convenient.The room was spotless and I did not experience any of the noise other reviewers experienced. I needed to ship some boxes by FedEx and the receptionist offered me a cardboard box and tape without asking!
It is an easy 10-15 walk to the Convention Center and the adjacent Hilton and Marriott Hotels where many meetings are held. It is also a short walk to downtown Disney or GardenWalk for shopping. There are no supermarkets within walking distance, so if you are without a car you will need to relay on the limited supplies at the 7-11 right next door.
The only disadvantage staying here is seeing so may families in happy vacation mode that you might feel inclined to skip the conference and head to Disney!
The front desk staff here are exceptionally friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Desert Palms Hotel and Suites is located in the heart of the Anaheim Resort. It is right on the corner of business and pleasure; located next door to the Disneyland Resort and across the street from the Anaheim Convention Center. Along with our spacious rooms and suites we offer Free Breakfast, Free Parking, and a Free Hot Breakfast Buffet. All rooms and suites come equipped with a microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker. You are sure to find the perfect place for your family vacation at the Desert Palms Hotel. Our room offering start with the Deluxe Room, which offers 2 queen beds and continues with a number of different suites. Our Borrego Suites offers a sunken living room with sofa sleeper for up to 6 people. Our Yuha Kids Suite offers a bunk bed for the kids! Our Sahara Condo Suite offers a full kitchen, perfect for longer stays. Our largest room, the Kalahari Family Suite sleeps up to 8 people with 2 private bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. There is something for everyone at the Desert Palms Hotel. Kids will have a blast at our arcade corner and even have their own special check in at our Kids Registration. In the lobby they can start the scavenger hunt to find our hidden Mickey and Minnie and receive a prize! Our lobby also features a photo kiosk, perfect for taking that family photo and uploading it straight to Facebook or Twitter. Choose the Desert Palms Hotel for your next Anaheim Vacation and Experience the Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Desert Palms Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Palms Hotel And Suites
- Desert Palms Anaheim
- Desert Palms Hotel Suites
- Desert Palms Hotel Anaheim