The hotel is only about a 7-10 minute walk to Disney's main gate and the entire area is clean, beautifully landscaped and illuminated with street lights and decorative lights in the trees. You can also pay for a shuttle pass that takes you to many area attractions. I enjoy walking so I preferred walking to and from Disney. But the shuttle is very close to the hotel for those that prefer to ride. The hotel staff was friendly and the rooms are larger than most standard rooms. The room was clean and neat. The only exception was an area of floor tile in the corner by the shower that needed new caulking and cleaning (it had a small spot of mildew). The linens were of standard quality (not as soft as a higher priced hotel but certainly comfortable). The pool and hot tub are located on the first floor in a small interior courtyard. The pool was heated to a very comfortable temperature that made it easy to get in the pool and enjoy it. The pool is rather small but was not overly crowded the 2 times we used it. It was clean and well maintained. The room had free wi-fi which was great! It was a bit slow but we were probably using it at peak times (early morning before going to Disney and late evening). The free breakfust buffet was very good. It was the same each morning so I was tired of the same thing by the last day. There were scrambled eggs, sausage patties, roasted breakfast potatoes, donuts, couple of cereals, grits or oatmeal, white & wheat bread for toast, oranges, orange juice, coffee, tea and 4 waffle makers. I really liked the style of these waffle makers because you could make 1-4 small individual size waffles instead of one very large waffle. The waffle batter was probably the best I've had at a hotel. It was very good. Probably all the guests take advantage of the breakfast because it was always busy no matter what time we went to breakfast. Breakfast hours were 7-10am. We were there at 7am when they opened on a day we wanted to be to Disney by 8am and were also there about 9am when we slept later. There is indoor seating but it can fill up quickly. There is also an outdoor roof top area with tables and chairs which is nice but was quite chilly and damp at 7am in May. Our room was quiet, on the 3rd floor and faced a solid white cement block wall (so new view). I didn't mind as I prefer a quiet room and I wasn't in the room much to enjoy any view. I would recommend this hotel as a great value for a family wanting to stay within budget while enjoying a Disneyland vacation. I would rate it a moderately priced but nicely maintained and appointed hotel. Also, I must commend the breakfast staff. They kept the food refilled, counters, tables and floors cleaned constantly. They were exellent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Desert Palms Hotel and Suites is located in the heart of the Anaheim Resort. It is right on the corner of business and pleasure; located next door to the Disneyland Resort and across the street from the Anaheim Convention Center. Along with our spacious rooms and suites we offer Free Breakfast, Free Parking, and a Free Hot Breakfast Buffet. All rooms and suites come equipped with a microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker. You are sure to find the perfect place for your family vacation at the Desert Palms Hotel. Our room offering start with the Deluxe Room, which offers 2 queen beds and continues with a number of different suites. Our Borrego Suites offers a sunken living room with sofa sleeper for up to 6 people. Our Yuha Kids Suite offers a bunk bed for the kids! Our Sahara Condo Suite offers a full kitchen, perfect for longer stays. Our largest room, the Kalahari Family Suite sleeps up to 8 people with 2 private bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. There is something for everyone at the Desert Palms Hotel. Kids will have a blast at our arcade corner and even have their own special check in at our Kids Registration. In the lobby they can start the scavenger hunt to find our hidden Mickey and Minnie and receive a prize! Our lobby also features a photo kiosk, perfect for taking that family photo and uploading it straight to Facebook or Twitter. Choose the Desert Palms Hotel for your next Anaheim Vacation and Experience the Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Desert Palms Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Palms Hotel And Suites
- Desert Palms Anaheim
- Desert Palms Hotel Suites
- Desert Palms Hotel Anaheim