“Disneyland April 2013”

Stanford Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at the Stanford Inn April 1-5, 2013. We had the kids suite with one bathroom. Overall the room was decent. It seemed fairly clean and comfortable. We really didn't spend much time there. Our room was cleaned daily but 2 of the 4 days they didn't replace our bath towels and I had to call to have some delivered. My son did swim a few times while we were there and he enjoyed that. Overall everything was ok except the breakfast. I booked our room here due to the fact that it had a complimentary breakfast. I was hoping this would save some money. We were told it was open 630a-930a and the first morning we went to get breakfast there was a sign on the door saying they didn't open until 7a. The breakfast space was so cramped and the employees were having a hard time keeping things in stock. I grabbed a yogurt the first day and left due to the crowds. Needless to say we ended up eating out for breakfast the remainder of our trip. I am not sure that we would stay here again or not since it is about a mile away from the park and the breakfast was really poorly laid out.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marsha F
Steve L, Manager at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Hello Marsha,

We are very pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and the room was to your expectation.

We do apologize for the inconvenience during your stay in regards to not replacing the bath towels for two days and for the miscommunication regarding our breakfast room hours. I can assure you, we will not make the same mistakes again.

We do understand breakfast is the most important meal of the day. With that said, I do understand during breakfast hours it can get very busy at times but I can assure you, we do have three staff members working in the breakfast room diligently to restock items and to ensure customer service.

We greatly appreciate your valuable comments and your suggestions. We look forward to serving you, your family, and friends again in the near future. If you have any other concerns or questions, please feel free to contact me anytime.
714-703-1220 (extension 828)

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed here from March 31 to April 5 with my husband and teenage son while we went to Disneyland. We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds (104). We were able to get an excellent price through Get Away Today. The room was very clean. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The breakfast was excellent. Nothing fancy about the place but we just wanted a comfortable and clean place to stay while we visited Disneyland. The man that helped us during check in was very pleasant and helpful. The only major problem we had was that the faucet on the sink broke. My husband contacted the front desk and a repairman was there within minutes and replaced it. It still had some problems but we were able to live with it and it was no big deal. The wifi was on the slow side but since I didn't use the internet much while I was there it really didn't bother me. I definitely recommend Stanford Inn if you are looking for a clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced place to stay while visiting Disneyland.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room near the back as there is some traffic noise near the fro...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

We are thrilled our hotel accommodated all of your & your families needs. We take great pride in our rooms and our staff. We did replace the bedding linens, pillows, and upgraded our bathrooms tiles & floors.

We do apologize for the inconvenience regarding the faucet sink and the Wifi. I am very glad our maintenance team was prompt and addressed the issue in a professional manner. Currently, we are redoing our wifi. Once this project is complete our wifi will be consistent, faster, and much more reliable.

Again, we greatly appreciate your valuable comments! We look forward to serving you, your family, and friends again in the near future!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We booked the "Kids Suite" here and were so pleased with it. We traveled with two kids, one a teenager with autism. The kid suite was a perfect place for him to set up as his "home away from home". I liked that he had his own bathroom and that he couldn't leave his room without coming through our room. Also, we could shut the door and not keep him up at night if we were up later watching tv or reading. I highly recommend this room type if you are traveling with kids.

The staff there was so helpful. One worker carried up a large suitcase for us when we checked in. The staff in the breakfast room was always welcoming and cheerful. The breakfast was decent but the room got a little crowded because of its set up. Overall, we had a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Get a KidsSuite if traveling with kids.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Steve L, Manager at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

We are thrilled you and your family enjoyed the kids suite! We did upgrade the linens for all of our beds, upgraded all the children's bunk beds with a disney theme bedding set, and bathroom tiles and floor. In the near future, theres much more changes to come for the better!

We are doing everything we can to exceed our guest's satisfaction and for a more enjoyable experience. We are very satisfied our staff was able to satisfy all your and your family needs in a timely manner.

Since December 2012, we did expand our breakfast room and added additional chairs & tables. Since breakfast is the most important meal of the day, we do acknowledge it can get crowded from time to time. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was the first vacation I was going to take with my wife and 18 month old son we were staying for four nights and going to disneyland for three days. I was quoted a certain price over the phone but when I got there they ran my credit card and charged me 60 more when I asked about the charge they told me it was for a deposit in case something happens to the room and etc. We ended up renting two rooms with double queen beds because we were meeting family that had to drive 14 hours to get there and we drove 5 hours. The lady at the front desk was very rude with us the whole time and acted like she didnt want to be there and when I asked questions didnt seem like she cared to help me or answer them. I had arranged to purchase eight tickets to disneyland for three days in the park and it was convenient to be able to buy them at the hotel rather than at the park. When I went to purchase my tickets on the day I arrived to be able to go to disneyland the next morning on a Thursday the gentleman at the front desk ran my credit card and told me he couldnt give me the tickets cause my card was declined I pulled up my balance inquiry on my cell phone and showed him right away within seconds that he in fact did take the money off my card and charged me for my tickets. He stated he couldnt give me my tickets cause it hadnt cleared through their system but yet they took it off my card. I had to return to my room that night without any tickets to go to DISNEYLAND on my vacation. I had to wake up really early in the morning and go talk to the manager to get my tickets which he comfirmed I shouldve gotten the previous night so I had to stress out all night long whether or not I was going to be able to take my son to disneyland for the first time. I had put my do not disturb sign on my door as I didnt want room service in my room cause of the valuables I had low and behold they entered my room with that on the door. While I was enjoying my day at disneyland I got a message on my phone saying the HOTEL charged me a second time for my room which took almost half of my spending money away on the first day. When I called to speak with the manager he had informed me that they put an initial hold on my card to make sure the funds were there but released the funds the next day and charged me for the hotel room again cause of releasing the funds problem is that on a credit card or debit card the funds wont reappear on the card for 7-10 business days meaning I was going to be without that extra money I had saved up for my vacation. I had to leave disneyland at 5pm to go talk to the manager and sort everything out and wasted 2 hours of my day at the hotel arguing with them. The manager did apologize for the inconvenience and refunded my money to me but the whole experience and headache was not worth the hastle of saving a hundred dollars by coming to this hotel. To top it all off a week after my vacation was over because of the initial time they said my card was declined when trying to get my tickets for disneyland the gentleman ran my card a second time and I was charged for the tickets twice which Im still waiting on that refund to hit back on my card. This was the worst stay ever and if it werent for the excitement of my 18 month old being able to meet his hero mickey mouse it wouldve been a horrible vacation. The rooms were decent in size but you can tell because of the renovation the beds were new cause they were extremely firm. The rooms were decently clean but the bathroom is still very small and im not a very big person (5ft 3) so to say that its crazy. The staff needs to be retrained but the manager and breakfast area people made the experience a little better. Very helpful at the breakfast area and decently big however were they put the food as opposed to the tables makes it hard for people to reach one side of the room were they have the sausage and eggs. IF your going to stay here pay cash so you dont run into these problems cause I wasnt the only one who had complained about this that weekend I stayed. Hope this helps.

2  Thank Amanda Billy B
Steve L, Owner at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for your valuable comments. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by our staff. With this experience, we are completely reevaluating our policies regarding debit card transactions and will make sure this will never happen again. With regards to our front desk service, too, we will review our staff evaluation procedure and incorporate changes to improve your experience. Again, please accept our sincere apologies. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I love the night staff! I loved my bed! I loved how they accommodated me with a discounted price! They were the right place at the right time!

They saved me from a horrible hotel called Anaheim Executive Inn & Suites.

They night staff was extremely understanding of my situation and took care of me!!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Travelerofseas
Steve L, Manager at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

We are very thrilled you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! We will do whatever it takes to exceed our guest's expectation and to accommodate all of our guest's needs!

We greatly appreciate your comments! We look forward to serving you, your family, and friends again in the future!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We arrived and had a pleasant welcome from the front desk clerk. Lugged our bags up flight of stairs (no elevator) to our room. Nice room; family room with bunk bed separate. Woke up each morning to yelling kids/parents going up and down the walkway outside our room- NO INSULATION from any noises. Street noises sound like they're in your room.

Breakfast was not up my alley but I like healthy food. Donuts, sugary cereal, waffle maker, fake (powdered) eggs, white bread, white bagels, no real cream for coffee- powdered "creamer". These things may not matter to you, but I didn't enjoy the breakfast. VERY crowded dining area.

Their site says they're "blocks from Disneyland". That's a 1/4 mile block I guess; it's one mile walking. No free shuttle from the hotel.

Basically I woke up everyday from other people's kids, not my own and need to sleep now that I'm home!

Great staff, very friendly and helpful when we mentioned the noisy neighbours. Just no insulation between rooms or to the outside.

Room Tip: Go to a corner suite where you won't have people stomping and yelling past your door at 7am.
1  Thank Nicole P
Steve L, Manager at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Hello Nicole,

We apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. Usually at the end of March, it is spring break and we have a lot of guest traveling all over the world to stay at our hotel to visit Disneyland & California Adventure Land. Majority of our guest, especially children get real excited.

We take careful consideration with the choices we provide for our breakfast. We serve hot and cold breakfast and a variety of other healthy alternatives. We do serve yogurt, whole wheat bread, oatmeal, and fresh fruits.

Again, we apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. We greatly appreciate your comments and suggestion. We look forward to serving you, your family, and friends again soon!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here on a sunday and monday night while going to disney. Nice grounds beautiful flowers, nice rooms with good size and good beds. Lots of people at breakfast so get there early. Hot tub was dirty had lots of foam. All in all good experience. A long way from Disney but you can catch the art close by for 5.00.

Room Tip: In the back is nice and quiet
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Silver54

We are very glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! We apologize for the inconvenience regarding our hot tub. I can assure you, our maintenance team checks and clean our heated pool and spa twice a day on a daily basis. We will make sure the same mistakes does not happen twice.
We greatly appreciate your comments. We are looking forward to having another opportunity to serve you, your family, and friends again soon.