“Good value”

Ranked #12 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Austin, Texas
“Good value”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

This was just a quick stop-over. Older property in old motel format. Got a passing grade in the all-important cleanliness category. Walked past the laundry on my way to our room and was pleased to see they were washing all of the bedding, not just the sheets. Room looked like it had been recently renovated. Granite vanity, flat screen tv, bathroom not bad. No WiFi issues. Overall not a bad value. Would stay at this place again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank craigbert
wjiang, Owner at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
It is glad to know that it seems like you also agree that our property does provide a “Good Value” package to our guests. The goal for all our staffs’ hard-working is making our guests satisfied and having great memories for this vacation.

Thanks you wrote this review to share your comments. We will continuously work hard to keep up this property. Hope we can see you and your family come back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Korean first
Branson, MO
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Granted, when we go to Disneyland, we spend very little time in our hotel, so my reviews for this area are very limited. The checkin went really smoothly. I reserved the room over the www.choicehotels.com website and was able to get a good discount for prepaying for the room. I had with me my husband, 3 children and a family friend. I loved one aspect of this room in that there is a cute little room with its own bathroom and tv that I put my oldest daughter and our friend in so that they could have some privacy and their own shower! Yay! The bunkbeds were very cute, very convienient and each had it's own reading light, to the delight of our bookworms. One bad note, we arrived late (about 10pm) and after having driven all day long, we threw suits on the kids and headed for the pool and hot tub. The water in the hot tub smelled so bad of chlorine that it was almost impossible to breath, and the water was so yellowy murky that you almost couldn't see your hand about a foot under the water, and as a hot tub...it wasn't very hot, so my hopes of soaking off the aching muscles of driving all day were all in vain.
Excellent breakfast, they have a couple of those make your own waffle irons that the kids love. Scrambled eggs, yogurt, oj, milk, boiled eggs, sausage, cereal, apple juice....am I forgetting anything? Basically solid and a good start to your day so that you don't have to blow $50 on breakfast for the family before even entering the park.
The room rate was great, we got the nice big room with the extra bunk room for $103 + tax---be aware, the tax rate in Annehiem is something like 18% so that came to about $125 per night. Again, that was a great price on that room since I have often seen the base rate on it go for $125 or higher per night.
Beds were comfy, sheets were clean, front desk very helpful with extra towels and shampoo to wash off extra chlorine from hot tub. Would definitely recommend to families. Disneyland is about a 25 min walk from hotel (our kids are all over 9 so we walk rather then shuttle), and staff allowed us to leave our car there during the day even after we had checked out. Very nice!

Room Tip: if you have a large family, watch for the rooms that have a separate bunk room attached. Some have...
4 Thank designgeek
Thanks for you spent your valuable time to write this review. I am glad to learn that you are really like our suite room layout plus the second bathroom does provide lots of convenience and privacy.

Regarding your experience with the hot tub, I have to apologize that the temperature and the cleanness are far below the expectations. Matter of fact, this exactly same issue already happened several times after we installed the emergency shut-off switch in our pool circulation pump system. By the Federal Law, all public pools and spas need to install an emergency shut-off switch in the circulation pump system to prevent people’s clothes and/or hair being sucked into the pump and causing people drown. If people try to enjoy the sucking pressure from the spa’s pumping system, they always cover the sucking drain hole as tight as they can. However, this will cause the circulation pump shut off and cause the water dirty and not hot enough. Since this circulation pump is different and separated from the injecting pump, people can still use those injecting pump and does not aware the circulation pump is off.

My maintenance crews always checks our pool/spa and pumping system every morning when they start working and every night when they close the pool. Since this circulation pump shut off is happened during the operation hour, now I have them to do additional checking around 6:00PM. Hope this addition check up can reduce this situation happening’s frequency.

Again, thanks for your comments and we hope can see you and your family visit us again soon.
Arizona
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Not the nicest hotel I've stayed at but not the worst. I booked it because I was trying to save money and knew it wouldn't be like the Hyatt down the road we've stayed at in the past. The hotel is old and shows some wear and tear but overall the room was pretty decent. Beds were comfy. Rooms closer to the road are quite noisy, we asked to be moved further away from road and it was better. Breakfast was OK.......the syrup for the waffles was watery and tasted awful. The staff was courteous but not friendly. I don't think I ever saw a smile from any of them except the women in charge of the breakfast. Overall it's a decent place to stay for the low rate I booked the room for. I'd stay again if the price was right.

1 Thank cocoapuf
wjiang, Owner at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 3, 2012
I am glad that you are willing to give us an opportunity to try-out. I understand we are not even close to be able to compare with Hyatt Hotel. As you mentioned on your review, we can save our guests’ some money and what we provided is worth what the guests paid for.

I will contact with my supplier to find out the issue about the syrup. This supplier delivers all breakfast food and accessories for almost every limited service motels in the Disneyland area. The products they delivered should be no problem at all. Anyway, I will still look into this issue.

Give us a call to check on our price when you need to visit Disneyland area again. I believe that our price will be always right for you and worth for your money.
Keizer, Oregon
Reviewed January 3, 2012

After staying 4 nights at a fancy hotel we decide to save some money and stay here for our 5th of 5 nights stay at Disneyland. Could not of asked for a better hotel room. Clean and very spacious with the separate bunk bed room. We all made the comment upon entering the room that we could have stayed here all 5 nights. We rode the shuttle to the park and decided to walk back to our room that night. I timed it and with only a short break for traffic lights, it took 20min. to walk from the park's main gate to our room. Slept through breakfast due to the extremely quiet room we had. The only down fall I could comment on would be the stairs. If you have a problem climbing stairs make sure to request a ground level room.

5 Thank thmounce
wjiang, Owner at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 3, 2012
It really makes me exciting to see our guests would prefer to stay with us than staying with a fancy hotel. It is our pleasure that we become part of your enjoyable memories during this Disneyland vacation.

Since this building is old and the original builder did not consider the needs for an elevator, it becomes a down side for us. It will be a major renovation involved to add an elevator. I have to admit that it is beyond our current operation budget which I cannot consider to do so within a near future. I apologize about all the inconvenience it causes you.

Thanks for your business your positive comments. We are looking forward to seeing you and your family come back to visit us soon.
Temecula, California
Reviewed December 13, 2011

We stayed here for our 22nd wedding anniversay. This is not a super high end motel, but if you are looking for a clean room in which to sleep then this is the place for you. White socks stayed white on the carpet!! We stayed Friday to Sunday and everything was perfect. Bring pillows for more comfort as my husband and i are pillow freaks and were glad to have 2 of our own. Perfect for Disney access and the free hotel parking was appreciated. Did not go down for the free breakfast. The room was alot bigger than we expected! We have found our standby hotel for the next time we go- I will not even check other properties.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Queenie1970
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Im not going to review on any aspect of this hotel other than to warn you that my 11 year old daughter's wallet was stolen from the room while we were at the park. The poor kid had been saving allowance and birthday money for a year. She brought her wallet to buy a souvenir the last day. However, when we returned to the room after the first day at the park her wallet was gone. The front office seemed indifferent about the situation and said they would call if the wallet "came up". I suggest you stay somewhere else.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Scott D
wjiang, Owner at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
I am sorry to learn that your daughter lost her wallets during this trip. However, this is not fair to accuse that your daughter’s wallet was STOLEN from the room only based on your assumption.

Our property has accommodated our guests more than 28,000 room-nights, said 9,000 families, each year. The guests left all kind of their valuable stuffs, such as notebooks, cameras, cellular phones, watches, ear rings, ..etc in the room all the times when they visiting the Disneyland or attend the convention events, nobody lost anything. Sometimes, the guests even left some valuable stuff behind themselves, and housekeeper brought up to us and we have to contact the guests for mailing their stuff back. I believe those stuff are worth much more than the money in your daughter’s wallet. We have a system to track which housekeeper clean which room on everyday. We can easily aware if the guest’s stuffs are always missing when a certain housekeeper cleaned them. I really don’t believe that anybody will risk their jobs just for your daughter’s wallet, not something more valuable.

Is it possible that your daughter had her wallet with her on the second day and lost in somewhere else but afraid to tell you? Or she just ran into a pickpocket she was never aware? There are just too many possibilities to lose a wallet. How you can prove that your daughter’s wallet really been stolen from the room? Just because you “believe” it?

We did see the same type thing happened that the guests dropped their stuff in between the mattress, underneath the beds, or behind the drawers and our housekeepers found it when they clean the room. That’s why our front desk can only politely told you that we will contact you if we do find your stuff. I don’t know anything else they can “Promise” you.

Again, I am sincerely sorry that your daughter lost her wallet. But we should not be the party to be blamed.
Monroe, New York
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I had an issue with a reservation that I supposedly made. I called a numerous amount of times to speak to the manager and he did not return my phone calls. He also was there and would not speak to me. He had the person at the desk speak to me. They advised me that he would call me back and I knew he wouldnt and he didnt. I advised that I would put this review on trip advisor and they did not seem to care. From a customer service persepective that is terrible and next time I travel which is often I will not stay at a Choice property.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Annw1212
wjiang, Owner at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Thanks for you to choose Comfort Inn Maingate to fulfill your lodging needs.

To respond your comments, I really have no idea what type of reservation error you had made. Once a while, we have received the phone calls from the guests stated that they either forgot or did not aware that they completed the reservation processes, so they did not come over our property on the date they reserved and they expected us to refund their “No Show” charge. Or they tried to cancel their reservation after the cancellation policy allowed and expected us not charge them the cancellation charge. Our guest service agents always explained to the guests about the hotel industry’s standard “No-Show” charge policy and cancellation policy. However, some guests insisted to talk to “Manager” to seek that there is any different answer. Usually, there are a few circumstances that your change or cancel reservation requests will be honored without any penalty. Besides th0se circumstances, the penalty change will be applied. I don’t understand that why people expect the hotel takes a loss to accommodate with the guests’ own mistakes?

Please be advised that there are several types of reservation we are not able to do anything such as booked room through some online reservation channels which they clearly state their cancellation policy prior to you confirm your reservation; or after you decided to book the room with the Choice Hotels’ “Advance Purchase” promotion, which this rate is much less than all online prices, then want to cancel or change your reservation.

Book a hotel room should be treated like you booked an airline ticket, if you missed the flight or want to change to a different flight, will you call the airline company and ask to speak with their “Manager” to get a refund or waive the penalty? If the answer is “No”, why you expect the hotel industry shall treat it different?