“Awful, awful, awful!”

Anaheim Carriage Inn
Ranked #94 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed December 14, 2008

I've heard so many bad reviews about this hotel and this is another one! We had a non-smoking room but the smell of cigarettes hit me the first time I walked through the door! The carpet looked dirty; have to keep my shoes on! The sink got backed up, the bed sheets looked dirty (I heard about bed bugs in one of the reviews!) and the pillows were not that great! The wireless internet was virtually non-existent but the nearby hotel's wireless internet signal reached my room! Please stay away from this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank rubai

Reviewed December 3, 2008

We stayed there last year and got a cheap price, so I was a little hesitant. It was my husband and I and my 2 year old. The parking was hard to get in and out of, small parking stalls,The rooms were dark and dingy, totally dated, beds not comfortable, had a fridge and a microwave, we used those. Towls were not soft, the pool is tiny and so is the spa, the spa smelt like someone had thrown 10 gallons of clorine in it. There is a contenental breakfast and that consist of muffins cereal, fruit and juice. I would not reccomend staying there.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank hockeylovers
Reviewed July 18, 2008

I saw them online at a few booking places and the pictures didn't look bad....seemed like a good deal...so i called them and made the reservation.

OHHHH NOOOOO
First we pull up, and im thinking this is a dump.
then we go inside the lobby where a very rude and very unprofessional male is behind the counter.We got the 2 bathroom "SUITE" which is 2 rooms with a door between them.i pay for my rooms, and im so sorry I did .

we get into the room and at first glance i was like ehhh but then we looked at the carpet....hi have you EVER cleaned the carpet???

I can see why people think it looks like a pool of blood.
we never took off our shoes. I even showered with the flip flops on.

the mold in the bathroom was most disgusting.
odd stains on the walls.

um. i cant say for sure but there might have been some drug dealing in the back of the first floor. it was odd seeing 30 people at 3:30 am come and go for like an hour... it was so loud it woke us up.

the pool that was suppose to be opened was locked. when asked why it was"for cleaning" then it was because they had no"test strips" then it was because they had no key to open it...

most un educated people ive ever dealt with.

after one night we really had enough and left i did take pictures of everything and will be sending them to the heath department.

the ramada next door was MUCH MUCH nicer and gave us a discount on 2 rooms for our problems next door.

DONT waste your time or money on this hotel/motel/inn/ GROSS!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
7  Thank Ta2edcagirl
Reviewed July 11, 2008

the service was terrible! I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy! the door didnt lock, the cable was fuzzy, we` were told the shuttle would be free before booking, the swimming pool was closed, we found trash under the mattresses, the previous guests stuff was here i.e.( adult toys, children toys, etc.). never again will I be staying at the Carriage Inn.

Stayed: July 2008
2  Thank janicesandiego26
Reviewed June 5, 2008

Instant downer for our first vacation in 5 years. We checked in and checked out within the same hour! Smelled awful -stains everywhere! Hot tub broken and they wouldn’t do anything about it, they even acted like they didn’t know. The service desk was irritable and had no idea what to do about any problem we brought him. The ironing board had big holes all over it, the towel bar broken off when my husband wiped his hands, there were 5 channels on the TV when their sign advertised cable and HBO.

**If you think this is a joke and that everyone is rating it terrible for fun, maybe you might need to stay there to learn a lesson about listening to others experiences.

NO JOKE! I am trying to do everything I can to let people know to stay away. I don’t want this to happen to you. We repacked after seeing the room and non-working hot tub and left. WE went to other hotels to price them and found the BEST WESTERN less than 1 black down the street Awesome! Service, smell, friendliness, clean pool, working hot tub, full breakfast (which was so filling), cable and pay-order shows. The manager was awesome worked us a deal after he found out that we booked through CasaBlanca Express. (don't use them either!! They don’t even know what hotels they send you to!)

Go to Best Western and save grief, time, and even money!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank couponmom
Reviewed April 28, 2008

It's okay, and walking distance from Disneyland. The room was clean, but the carpets could have used a cleaning. The young man at the front desk was VERY Pleasant!
The bathtub drain had some problems, so we were given another room; however, it had the same problem. My guess is the main sewer line needs to be professionally cleaned out.
Overall, this hotel is fine for the price; however, I'll pay a few more dollars for a nicer place should I stay in the Anaheim area again.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2008

Came to Disney for a quick 2 night, 3 day trip with a friend. I tend to come to DL about once a year and try different hotels each time.
The room was horrible smelling, the carpets & matresses were stained and worst of all, I found 2 areas on my headboard that appeared to be dried up dripping semen! no joke.
did not want to take my shoes off or touch anything.
prior reviewer said it looked like a crime had taken place there and I concur.
It looked like one of those dirty motels you see on Dateline NBC where they look for stains with a black light and for bed bugs.

Do not even consider staying here, especially if you have children. it was all that i could do not to vomit during the stay. Would have changed hotels but it was only for 2 nights and we spent very little time there (on purpose!)

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank pamelaj0906
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort
#13 of 118 in Anaheim
Anaheim Express Inn
Anaheim Express Inn
#60 of 118 in Anaheim

Been to Anaheim Carriage Inn? Share your experiences!