“Not so bad” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #106 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Wellton, Arizona
“Not so bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

This property had several very bad reviews and if it weren't one of the last affordable spots available during spring break 2013 we wouldn't have stayed there. We were pleasantly surprised, though. Apparently there has been considerable renovation and while it is still an old motel, it has all the amenities - hair dryers, shampoo, excellent in-room coffee, etc. Mattresses were new and comfortable, as were the pillows. Everything in the room worked well except for the clock, and that was replaced promptly. The staff was universally pleasant and helpful and the cleaners were hardworking and did a fine job. Breakfast was a little iffy - Froot Loops and Cheerios, toast, muffins and hard boiled eggs - but it filled the tummy. The swimming pool/hot tub weren't working. The location close to Disneyland is a big plus even though the advertised "two blocks" is about a mile.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I started my Anaheim vacation at the Hilton on convention blvd. I hated it there! Moved to the far less pricey Carriage Inn and had no complaints. Staff was very nice, rooms were reasonable, pool and hot tub were working, clean and nice.
As far as people complaining about how "far" it is from Disney-WHAT??? You have to be the laziest bunch of people I ever heard of! I walked up to Disney every day! It was maybe a ten minute walk! You're paying 60$ a night to stay not even ten minutes from Disney!
I had two rooms while there, first room was nice that I shared with the person I vacationed with, but I decided I would rather have a room to myself and it was cheap enough, so I moved. Another very nice room. Would recommend and will stay at again!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Andrea1542
Oakdale, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

The only thing good about this motel is that it is near disneyland. Walking into our rooms we had to gasp for air because the stench of moldy old smoke was overwelming. The beds are so uncomfortable. It feels like you are sleeping on a 6th grade science camp matress. The pillows are tiny. My dog at home has a bigger pillow then what they provide. The continental breakfast was a joke. I laughed so hard when I went inside to eat. All they had was toast and a container of stale fruit loops. The coffee cups were the size of shot glasses. If you decide to stay here, bring your pillow and a coffee mug.

Room Tip: Bring some air freshener
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jake C
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Believe me, I'm not exaggerating. Getting to the room I was greeted by none other than a cockroach. It is true that it was small, but it was a cockroach.
Commenting on the fact to the front desk attendant, he merely ask me how many cockroaches I've seen. That is, it should be common there.
Unsatisfied, I tried to contact the manager to make a formal complaint, but without success. Since I always ask for the manager they were limited to say that they would not give me any discount, even I've never spoked about money.
Finally, a purchase from Amazon that I had requested to be delivered to the hotel, is listed as delivered on Amazon, informing it was received by L. Leesylva on 09/15/2012. However, even after asking the front desk several times about the ordering, always got the answer that it had not been delivered. Let it be that I checked out on 09/18/2012.
Anyway, do not waste your time, patience and money on this hotel, especially if you do not want to spoil a minute of your ride to Disney.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

Okay - so it wasn't great - but it isn't the worst either. If your objective is to get out of this town without losing your shirt then hotels like this are your only option. I picked this room up For $60 a night on Travelocity. It was walking distance to the Convention Center - as a matter of fact it took me less than 8 minutes to get to the outside of the venue and 15 minutes to get to the center aisle of the building. This made the hotel $20 cheaper because you didn't have to pay for parking.
On the walk back there were places to get a quick cup of coffee or bite to eat.
I was in room 210 and the frig and microwave in the room worked great - this also saved another $10 a day on one of the meals that you could store. They did offer breakfast - it was two pancakes and coffee or juice.
The TV was fine - there was an HBO channel. Soap, shampoo and the blow dryer worked. There was a coffee pot as well. The bed was comfortable and I didn't see anything funky - I have been away a week and have no bug bites :)
So at the end of the day this room was $30 a night - if it were higher than $60 to start with I would have went somewhere else - but for $60 it worked for what I needed it for - to sleep.
The place was not the cleanest - the bathroom walls and baseboards were bad - the place is old and when I turned on the air conditioner I got nothing but smoke residue.
Soda and snack machines outside for 75 cents and there was an elevator to get your luggage up and down in.
It is what it is in this area of the world. These hotels have been here as long as Disneyland has and no matter what they can fill up - but there are tons and tons of them. Just try to find one within walking distance - the closer you are the safer it is to walk back and forth. It's worth it for $60,

Room Tip: I was in room 210 and everything worked.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Charrie63
Stockport
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

This wasn't the hotel we had booked with Octopus Travel we had booked the Doubletree Guest Suities Hotel but when we went to check-in with them we discovered the reservation wasn't for this hotel but the Carriage Inn a little further down the road???? Confused but we headed for the Carriage Inn
OMG this was totally the opposite ends of the scale, we would have never even considered booking in at the Carriage Inn. It didn't have the facilities we needed for our stay. I felt so betrayed with Octopus Travel.
We checked-in...... reluctantly as we didn't know what else we could do. The first room we was given room#224 was in a corner above the office facing Harbour Blvd a very busy road. The approach to the door to the room was in a corridor which was dark and horrid. In the room........ dark and dated with A/C hanging off the wall the window looked like it was about to fall out. We all looked at each other in horror. We went back down to reception and asked if they had a quieter room.... they found us room#121 which looked a little better, it was certainly quieter. I just wanted to cry. I refused to unpack as I didn't plan on staying. I didn't even sleep in the bed I slept on top.
After speaking to Octopus Travel the following morning they agreed to find us a replacement hotel as it was a mistake they had made.
PLEASE DON'T STAY HERE IT'S NOT SAFE