“Family vacation”

Anaheim Carriage Inn
Ranked #100 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
“Family vacation”
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Let's see, where to start. When I found this hotel on expedia it was the only one that would accomadate my family without paying outrages prices. We came to Disneyland for my daughter who is 7 and who has cancer. When we arrived at the hotel we registered and the front desk clerk was very rude. When we got into our rooms, no lie it was a little on the dirty side but did not think anything of it. My family and went too the beach and when we got back we all jumped in the shower. When my kids were walking around barefoot their feet turned pitch black. We ran our fingers on the carpet, nothing but black soot came up. Once that happened we went to the front desk and told them, they said the carpet was only 6 mo old and that the rooms are cleaned everyday. BS.. with my daughter condition this was not the hotel for us. It was dirty, unsanitary and just overall not a pleasant place to be.

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank wooddonaldj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Portervillle Ca.
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We went on a family vacation and rented three rooms. All three rooms were filthy and smelled like mildew. As soon as we walked up to the rooms we could smell the stench. Once we walked in the smell got worse the carpets are coming up and the walls are all stained. There is rings of dirt around the lamps. The showers do not work the water goes from cold to scolding hot. There is no water pressure so you have to take a bath. That was hard to do because the tubs are filthy. The towls are like sandpaper. There is not quiet time there the traffic could be heard all day and night from the room. If anyone decides to stay at this hotel take you're own blankets and cleaning products so you can clean the room. I guess you get what you pay for. Next time I will pay more for cleanliness and comfort.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Patty076094
Logan, Utah
Reviewed April 11, 2011

we booked this hotel for four nights. It was pretty cheap for a two room suite. Unfortunately the pool was not available( no water in it) we found the rooms to reasonably clean. and the staff was friendly. was kinda far from Disneyland easy to walk there but would not be fun walking with tired kids back to hotel. The disney parking was close so we just parked there and rode the shuttle. cable tv hmmm well we had a few channels but half of them were dish network info channel. so if you dont mind no pool hardly any tv and firm beds this hotel is not horrible.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Hanford
Reviewed November 8, 2010

I would not recommend staying here at all but if u do your only going to last a night. The rooms are dirty and smell A very noisy area. A long distance to disneyland so u either have to drive or take the city transit. THey do have a pool and spa that were open but not usable at the time. Pool was cold and dirty and the spa was not working. There were also matresses laying outside in the parking lots as well. I do not know what was up with that. but there are alot of better places to stay that are closer to disneyland and for the same or better price.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank bekatomasetti
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed October 26, 2010

I myself work in the hospitality industry myself. So when booking this room, I took a quick glance at the reviews on here. They were atrocious reviews. I somewhat understand how this all works as the people you see complaining usually exaggerate and flat out lie about their stay, to intimidate the hotel and get some $$ back. Happens all the time. I decided to take a gamble and booked 3 rooms. I was only here for Blizzcon 2010 was pretty close by, I would only need a place to rest my head and shower, as long as it was clean, i'd be fine. No frills. This is not to say the place could not use some touching up. However for the price I paid and coinciding with the event, I really couldn't have gotten a better rate somewhere else ($50 a night) for a thurs/fri/sat stay.

Pros: Rooms were clean, no bed bugs. Staff was very friendly, unlike some other reviewers stated. As a matter of fact the young lady who worked in the mornings recommended some nice places to eat, and was very informative. housekeeping also did a great job.

cons: no wifi, limited tv stations (again not too bad I wasn't there to watch any TV)
parking was a bit rough. I had three rooms, but luckily only 1 car.

semi-con : my cellphone signal seemed to take a dump the second I entered my room, but I was fine outside.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Sethisis
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 25, 2010

From the time we pulled in it was a nightmare! Yes the place is cheap, but, I would have rather paid 20 more a night somewhere else. The AC didnt work there was roaches and the only thing they offer is another room.. Roaches.. Really?? Hello there gonna be everywhere. To top it off the floor made your feet black, Like you were walking on tar! I have a 12mo old and it's super hard trying to keep a baby on the bed, Paint was chipping everywhere bathroom fan was hanging tubs were molded.. Customer service was horrible and u had to pay for your own ice... Continental b-fast was a bleeping joke! Bread, cereal and some sorry excuse for juice was whats included... Would not recommend this Hotel to no one! U definitely get what u pay for

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank motherof3_10
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed June 2, 2010

I come from a 3er world country and I've been around and this hotel is by far the worst place I've ever been. All employees are grumpy and not trained and they act like you were the uncomfortable cousin that crash there without paying. They told me that if I did't like the place or the service I was free to go. It is so durty, old, ugly, bad. I reserved on line and I've payed for it ahead of time, other wise I've runed away fast. The breakfast consist in dannis rolls every day in a 2 table little room. There is no buffet and the showers are terrible alone with the very old towells and very small bathrooms and the cigarrete burned beds, and there ashtrays every where. They say they are 2 block from Disney. No true. even the bus makes like 5 spots before it get there. NEVER STAY THERE!!!.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family