“Great for Kids”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North
Ranked #56 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed May 10, 2007

Stayed on the way back from NZ, and thouroughly enjoyed. Hotel has superb amenities and kids and adults alike will enjoy (my 5 year old loved the pool and gym) The breakfast is superb as is the bar area. Only slight drawbacks are the distance to disneyland (although there is a free shuttle) just dont miss the one after the fireworks as it's a long cold wait. Also found some of the desk staff variable in helpfulness,(most are superb but one or two need some training) This doesn't really detract from my overall satisfaction and can certainly recommend to people with young families

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank the3arns

Reviewed April 30, 2007

We stayed here for one night before a conference. The reason we stayed here was the price was right and near (driving distance) Disneyland. Our stay was great except for a big problem we encountered with our door. This is an older Embassy Suites which I like (the rooms looked like they had recently been remodeled). I like the atrium Embassy Suites with the lush garden and Koi ponds. The new Embassy Suites seem to be going away from that style. The room was great, the breakfast was great, but.... We checked in early and asked for a quiet room, we got a room on the 7th floor (room 703). We then drove over to Disneyland (the hotel has a shuttle but you need to make reservations) and stayed until 11:30PM. We came back to the hotel and went back to our room. I put the card key in the door slot and nothing. I went down to lobby and they gave me a new key. I went back up to the room and tried the key. Once again nothing. I went back down to the lobby and the manager came back up with me. He put in his master key and nothing. He said the battery was dead in the door and he will need to get maintenance to open the door. The only problem is that it's 12:15AM and maintenance will not get in until 06:00AM. My wife who by now is very tired and needs to get access to her medication told the manager that we need to get into the room. The Manager decided to put us in another room just in case we can't get into the room. We went down one floor and he put us in the room right below us. The only problem was it was a smoking room. My wife told him because she has asthma she can not stay in a smoking room. The manager then told us that our previous room was a smoking room which did not make my wife too happy (our previous room was non smoking). He then took us down another floor and put us in another room and told us he was going to call maintenance to see how to open the door. After about 1/2 hour I decide to try and find the manager again. He eventually turned up at our first room with a big box and proceeded to hook up the box to the door to unlock it. He gave us the option to change rooms or stay in our old room with the broken door. Since it was 02:30AM we decide to stay in our old room and were told maintenance would be up in the morning to fix the door. We woke up that morning and were told the door would be fixed while we were having breakfast. We came back up from breakfast and once again the door was still broken. After 20 minutes we were able to finally get into the room and out of the hotel. We got half off our room rate because of the trouble we had. This is the main reason I'm giving the hotel a average rating. I know it was not the hotels fault but, we did have some big hassles.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SacTown
Reviewed April 19, 2007

Well, 25 yrs after I said I'd never come back, we took our widowed daughter and granddaughter to Disneyland and what a pleasant surprise! The orange groves were replaced with parking lots and more amusement parks but Anaheim was clean, neat, upgraded, and pleasant. We didnt go with the crowds but went in the fall during school to avoid such.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites with breakfast included for the group and was quiet and pleasant. The shuttle to Disneyland was convenient and often and good for Grandma who gave out early a couple of the days and came back to rest.

We recommend the program Ride Max and this included the info on Fast Pass which made everything a lot easier and complete.

The only thing disappointing about the trip is the ill-mannered children in the hotels. We have taught our granddaughter manners from an infant. Please and thank you as well as excuse me please, is a must in our family even at 7 yrs old. We encountered roller skating tennis shoes in the restaurant and lobby of the hotel, crowding into the elevators before old folks could dis-embark and the like while the parents are totally oblivious to their discourteous offspring. I mentioned this to the manager and he said "if you think this is bad..come watch them eat, they use their fingers more than forks and jump around and scream during feeding times, its getting horrible and were not sure what to do about it all".
I guess as long as the adults have no manners how can we expect our children to learn them. This is a real notice to our society and no wonder we are disliked by so many we contact with around the world...wake up america! We're not alone on this globe and I want to see more of it before other societies completely ban us from visiting!!!

5  Thank AlHenry
Reviewed April 11, 2007

This hotel is very kid friendly. Lots of families stay here as it is close to many attractions. The manager's reception is one of the better receptions for an Embassy Suites as they offered a veggie platter the night we stayed. We only stayed here one night as it was a 15-20 minute drive to Disneyland, farther than we wanted to travel. The bathroom in our suite was off the bedroom, as opposed to the hallway. The bed was a little on the hard side. The pullout sofa-sleeper was very uncomfortable, even for my 13 year old. The free breakfast was very good, but poorly organized. It took my husband and son 15 minutes to stand in line and get their omelette. We would stay here again but really preferred the Embassy Suites South if it's an option.

Stayed: April 2007

1  Thank m0m_in_pa
Reviewed January 8, 2007

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank thetravelbug101
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Staybridge Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North? Share your experiences!