“If You Want to Keep Your Sanity, Avoid This Place!!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North
Ranked #57 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“If You Want to Keep Your Sanity, Avoid This Place!!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stayed at this property on May 20/21, 2014 to celebrate a birthday. I saw in the description of the property they were doing renovations. I contacted the front desk before I made my reservation, and the woman I spoke to said she had not heard any noise at all and there shouldn't be any noise at all.
About 8 a.m., banging on the pipes started, following by sawing noises. And we were supposedly two floors below any renovations. The banging on pipes continued for over an hour, when we started to use the bathroom to check out. And there was no water!!!!! And this was without no advance warning that there wouldn't be any water from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. So we left the hotel without showering, even brushing my teeth. There were some wonderful other things, but leave it to say I wouldn't have stayed here if they had paid me $1,000 -- instead of paying an overinflated price to stay there (and their breakfast compares VERY [poorly to the two other Embassy suites I've stayed). Personally, I think a manager needs to get fired.

AVOID THIS PLACE!!!!!!

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bluejay19golf
Francois K, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Bluejay19golf;

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a better experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noisy renovation. I’m sorry that you weren’t made aware that the water would be off in your room for a short period of time.
I have shared your review with our staff to ensure that this is not a problem in the future. We hope you will consider staying with us post renovation or the next time you are in the area. Unfortunetaly, we have to go through some noise in the beginning of a major renovation. It has subsided already from the time you were here and currently it is only cosmetic work.
Mr. Bluejay19golf, please accept my sincere apologies.

Respectfully,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We stayed here because Embassy Suites are typically roomy and totally work for our family of four. We were not let down. The hotel is close enough to Disneyland to make sense, and you can't beat the free breakfast they offer. The price is reasonable. The hotel is clean. The rooms are nice. And the pool is perfect for the kids. We had a great time - and heartily recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Auburn, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Our problems started at check-in when we were lied to about how much they charged on our credit cards. The rooms are being renovated, but ours was dusty and grimy. Manager's reception drinks were good, but snacks were from Costco, despite onsite restaurant. Other guests were allowed to scream, control indoor pool, and break elevator. Horrible experience!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

3 Thank Jason C
Francois K, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Jason C.:

It was very painful for me to receive your feedback on our property. There was an obvious missunderstanding on how payment is done at a hotel. You expected to check-in with no form of payment or valid credit card and was shocked that we asked you about it.
For the first time, I made an exception for you, based on your situation and waited for your payment until you got paid five days later. I am sorry that I bent the rules for you.
If this was a Horrible experience for you, it was for me too. But, you are the customer and I wish there was anything else I could have done to make it better.

Thank you for your feedback.
Glendora, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Staff goes out of their way to assure your taken care of. when we arrived your front office staff went out of their way to assist. We had arrived a little early, staff check availability, put us in our room and noted that the adjacent room will be available soon. My parents were able to stay next door. Great staff and facility.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Lancaster, California
Reviewed May 18, 2014

My family and I have stayed here several times and always had a great experience. The staff is always friendly and super helpful . I wish I could remember the name of one employee who was incredibly helpful when I had to extend my stay . The breakfast is good and can save you a lot of money if your vacationing with a large family as in our case . Disneyland is a short 15 minutes away on the freeway . There is no resort fee parking fee or other hidden costs . We always returned to a clean room w/ clean sheets and towels yes the freeway is on one side and a recycling plant on the other but the I never had an issue with any excessive noise .

• Stayed May 2014
Houston, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Pleasant accommodations, convenient location, complimentary breakfast was great, no problems. We left the hotel early and returned late but the time we spent at the hotel was flawless. Free wifi would have been nice but with all the other amenities I can't complain.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Honolulu, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Suite was good size & clean. However, the furniture is old & needs to be updated. Balcony is too close to the Garbage Dumpster. Need to move dumpster further away from the hotel or keep it enclosed. Balcony needs to be thoroughly cleaned. Breakfast had a good selection & quality was fine.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
Staybridge Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center
Portofino Inn & Suites Anaheim Hotel

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North? Share your experiences!