“Well Maintained, Good Value but Dated”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North
Ranked #56 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Took my daughters here to take advantage of the indoor pool. Southern California, believe or not, has very few hotels with indoor pools. The hotel was very well maintained but the décor is VERY dated. The room have been updated a bit but the common areas look exactly as they did back in 1985. Took advantage of the breakfast which was fine. This hotel is a great value. The one negative is that as I walked by a conference room on the 4th floor I was hit by a very strong wall of smoke. Whether the hotel turns a blind eye to such deviations from business clients I don't know (and it also could have been coming from the maintenance room nearby as well) but it was strong enough to notice.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was spacious. However, the living area smelled like sewer the entire two days we stayed. Only one working elevator which was the furthest from our room so it was not convenient with two kids and a stroller. I did enjoy the pool and the gym. The complimentary breakfast was good until I fell violently ill the second day we had the breakfast there. I believe the sausages that are laid out in a batch are not fresh and sanitary. Within two hours of leaving the hotel after breakfast, I became nauseous, vomited and unpleasant bowel movements several times throughout the day and the next day and had chills. My entire family than fell ill within the next day or two...norovirus??..One child vomiting all over me and himself on our Alaska Airlines ride home.horrible! There is no food safety practice at this hotel. Stay away!

1  Thank Betsy C
Francois K, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Betsy C.,
Thank you for your compliments regarding our Staff.
I am very sorry that you fell ill during your visit with us. You know that hundreds of people eat here everyday. If there was some kind of problem with the food, we would have a pandemic on our hands.
To claim or insinuate Norovirus at the hotel, was truly uncalled for. Looking at your stay, you had no issues reported with us. In the hotel business we live and die by our reputation and word of mouth, and your implication was honestly unfounded.
Again, I am truly sorry about your family's illness.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

This is just an average Embassy Suites. Furnishings are old. Mattress was soft. Housekeeping is okay. On the other hand, the rates at this hotel are the lowest I have seen for an Embassy Suites ever. This hotel is not close to any attractions and there is nothing within walking distance in terms of restaurants or shops. This hotel is located adjacent to the 91 freeway, so there is traffic noise. On the other hand, staff were friendly. The breakfast was fine. The Manager's Reception area is nice, and you can have dinner in the bar area if you would like. There are decent menu selections with decent pricing.There is also a seperate restaurant area. The indoor pool area looked well kept, as well as the fitness area. I probably would not bring my family here simply because I am sure that the pull out sofa mattress would be in bad shape. This would not be a place to stay if you want to come and go from Disneyland. But if you are on business or a couple that needs a hotel room at a very reasonable rate, then this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank wardgarner
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Not up to the standards of most Embassy Suites. Living area furniture was dirty and smelled. The bathroom had alot of mold and the tub had a stain from a constant dripping faucet. Beds were the best I have slept on.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

There are very few hotels near Disneyland that accept dogs. I am determined to try all of them during runDisney marathons. The inside of the hotel is pretty cute, with koi pond & a little waterfall. The exterior is not cute at all and the location is completely blahhh, next to recycling plant. While the atrium is beautiful, it's a bit dysfunctional as it's loud and echo-y and everyone has to walk by your room to get to theirs....or maybe it just seems that way because I brought my dog and was assigned the loudest room near the elevators just 1 floor above the breakfast area. Free breakfast is nice. Omelette chefs are very nice, & very patient in spite of the chaos. OK, so I had the loudest room in the place in front of the only elevator bank that was working....but my dog LOVED this location!! She got to eat/smell bacon and sausages and greet every available human being on or near the elevators. She is exceptionally hungry and friendly all the time, lol!! I did not try the shuttle bus which was free on marathon weekend. No, I took my own car because I thought I would be rushing back after the race to make it to breakfast. This is my weird motivational tool to run faster, but in the end I probably could have run slower and still enjoyed breakfast. Although this is only my 2nd favorite dog-friendly hotel in the area, I would gladly return here if the price is right because it is very obviously my dog's favorite hotel. Would be a lot more enjoyable if they would fix the elevators!! Oh and the pool is indoors, heated and quite cute if sun isn't one of your requirements. The Embassy Suites right next to DL will not accept dogs and is significantly more expensive. BTW, so far my #1 fave is Doubletree Orange, which looks kind of far on map, but has awesome freeway access. For now, whichever wants to offer the best deal gets my marathon business. Avoid avoid avoid La Quinta unless you are really desparately in need of cheap!!

Room Tip: Not really sure. I had lovely view of the freeway and the breakfast area.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Sunnyhoneybunny
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 28, 2014

It was very close to Disney land, the Baseball diamond, the ice rink and the beach and airport. it was a very clean hotel and I loved the fish and turtles. the restaurant was very nice and the food was great and I am a chef!!! I would stay their again for sure. thanks for a great time at the Tinkerbell run. hope to retune there some day

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This hotel was a great find. Only a short shuttle ride to Disneyland. Beautiful lobby and breakfast area. Staff were very helpful. Breakfast had a great range of choice. Room service and restaurant reasonably priced also. Pool was not very well heated though - so if you like to swim maybe something to consider. Our family were very happy here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County
Staybridge Suites Anaheim - Resort Area

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North? Share your experiences!