“Non-Renovated Embassy Suites, BUT Still a Good Value if Visiting Disneyland”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North
Ranked #58 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We opted to stay at this hotel for a few reasons: 1) I wanted to earn Hilton points; 2) It was a short drive to Disneyland; 3) Free Breakfast; 4) Free Parking; and 5) It was overall significantly less expensive than comparable hotels in Anaheim.

The drive to Disneyland is a no brainer. 10 minutes tops. With weekday rush hour traffic, maybe 15. Not bad at all. The hotel is clean, but given that I have stayed at several Embassy Suites across the country, I could tell this one had not been updated. Outdated furniture and wardrobes in the bedroom that used to house a t.v. in the upper shelf. The bathroom wasn't as sleek and the showerhead needed some tlc. Plus the bathtub faucet dripped so my conscious was tugging at me for the water that was being wasted.

The staff was friendly and the breakfast was pretty decent. The cooks were very nice despite a monster crowd on the weekends. That being said, at peak times there is no way there is enough seating for breakfast. What is not good is that their restaurant ropes off several tables that could be used for overflow thus creating lots of people with full plates in their hand while they hover over other people eating just waiting for that free table to open up.

There is an indoor pool that was clean and the fitness center had enough of what i needed (two treadmills, a bike, and a rack of dumbbells.) The t.v. in the fitness center wasn't there so you were stuck with the t.v. on the treadmill if you wanted to watch t.v. while working out.

I wouldn't stay there again for business or really anything else unless we were back taking another trip to Disneyland. For that purpose, it served its purpose.

Room Tip: The first night we were there (Saturday) had either a wedding reception or a club downstairs blaring...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EduardoC1811
Write a ReviewReviews (1,306)

Reviewed December 17, 2013

My family is a huge fan of Embassy Suites as well as the entire Hilton brand. My father is silver Hilton Honors member, so needless to say, we have stayed at our fair share of Hilton and Embassy Suites hotels. We are familiar with the older styling of Embassy Suites like this one, so we weren't at all put off by the look and design of the hotel. However, there were quite a few things that were subpar.

First off, when we arrived, there were two functioning elevators. By the time we left, there was only one functioning elevator as yet another had gone out of order. This would be fine, except that due to a number of large groups staying at the hotel (bands, pagent girls, etc), at one point it took us up to 15 minutes to get on an elevator. Now you may be thinking, well, don't be lazy, just take the stairs if you are impatient... We wanted to, except that you cannot access any stairs from the ground level. I understand the safety precautions that warrant this, but many hotels have stairs that are accessible from the ground level, you just need your room key to enter the stairs area.

As for our room, when we arrived it had a terrible smell and the floor was beyond damp. We notified the management and they did right the situation. So that was a plus.

For breakfast, we did the normal Embassy Suites gig and got in line to order an omelet. The chef making the omelets was beyond rude. He would yell over his shoulder for orders without looking to see who he was talking to or whether the line was building up. After getting the order, he'd yell NEXT! Causing the people who just ordered to shuffle to the side where there was already a mob building that was waiting for their omelets. He happened to turn around as we had adjusted where we were standing to not block others. He told everyone that "it's fine if you don't want to stand in a line but you need to remember your place in the order because I am not going to keep track of who has what in what omelet". He then proceeded to say that it would then be on us if we had an allergic reaction from an omelet that was not meant for us. Later, a soft spoken girl went to make her order and after saying "What?" multiple times he turned around in exasperation and said, "You need to speak up if you want an omelet." The girl was in middle school, and would have been totally understandable had he turned around and spoken to her politely from the beginning.

In short, I would never spend money to stay at this hotel again, nor would I recommend it to anyone visiting the Orange County area. It really is a shame because it is in a convenient location.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank txhjgirl
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Canceling reservation due to my mother going through chemo/ radiation and no sympathy or compassion for the situation. Just a Sorry from an agent saying it's our policy and we are charging you for one nights stay!! Disappointed in their customer service!! :'( I'll make sure NEVER to book at an Embassy Suites again. Being a Front Desk Manger for the Marriott chain for several years I know this is not the way to treat customers!!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank TravelerJer747
Francois K, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear TavelerJer747:

Thank you for your feedback on your regrettable experience. I am sorry that your mother was not feeling well on the day of your arrival. Rest assured that there was no charge made to your account for the guaranteed reservation you held since September 7. It was a sold out night for the entire Anaheim area and it was unfortunate that we did not show you enough empathy for your situation. Please accept my personal apologies.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and have been very satisfied. The rooms are very comfortable and quiet. The hotel location has easy on/off freeway access and is close to multiple shopping, dining and entertainment venues. The managers reception every night in the hotel lounge is a wonderful perk to unwind and the daily breakfast can't be missed.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I was staying for 2 weeks on business, this definitely seemed more like a family hotel than what I'm used to. No noise issues (or any other issues for that matter) but elevators did get a bit crowded during "rush hour" when everyone was getting ready to head out to the parks, and so did the breakfast area. Good value for the money.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip. The hotel is nice. The rooms were good size and it was quiet! It was located by a busy highway. My room was on the opposite side and I did not hear the traffic. I saw several staff walking through the hotel and they always greeted me. The parking is right outside the hotel. There aren't many restaurants around the hotel. There is a mall about 2 miles away.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I try to always stay at an Embassy Suite. I believe that this property is in need of a facelift. There was quite a bit of peeling paint around the windows and rust on the metal findings on the windows.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County
Staybridge Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
5 mi away
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
5 mi away
Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North? Share your experiences!