“Make sure you're Hilton Honors”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North
Ranked #50 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Mill Valley, United States
“Make sure you're Hilton Honors”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel is further away from Disneyland than they'll have you believe. Additionally, the hotel was oversold so we experienced people during check-in who had no rooms. Thank god we're Hilton Honors members & they called us ahead to check us in & insure we had a room.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Santa Clarita, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

The suites here are smaller than other Embassy's, however it still ranks up to the others. Upon check in we where given the key to some one else's suite. Luckily the lady was still awake and heard us trying to open the door and advised the room was occupied. God forbid shed be sleeping or in the shower. I advised the front desk of the mistake and they apologized and blamed it on a staff member that's shift had ended. I hope they gave that hotel stayer some type of complimentary gift because that situation could of gone worse! My husband and I have been Embassy suit fans for the past 3 years now and it wasn't until our stay this year that we knew they offered free baby cribs (play pins). It was really nice not to have to share our comfy bed with our squirmy toddler while on vacation! We went on a weekend and the morning was a bit noisy with kids running around but you expect that being close to Disneyland.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very run down. The rooms feel more like a motel than an all-suite hotel. Everything except the atrium is run down and vaguely dirty looking. And the worst part is that our room smelled, which gave us all headaches within an hour. I also seriously doubt the cleanliness given that I found a dirty sock in the sheets. Service was good.

• Stayed July 2013
Francois K, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear MyFamilyVacations,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize that our suites did not meet your expectations. Our product may not be new but we take pride in keeping it fresh and clean. Thank you for recognizing our good service levels and we hope you will keep us in mind if you are visiting the area next year. You will be pleasently surprised.
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband travels almost monthly to California and stays at the Embassy Suites Anaheim North because of it's proximity to his office. My daughter and myself travel down with him several times a year. This last trip in June we noticed a decline in the customer service, could be because they have almost an entirely new staff. They are not knowledgeable and don't seem to have a desire to go above and beyond. Additionally, asking for simple items like towels that should have been in our room took about an hour to reach us or the bedding for the pull-out bed took almost two hours to reach us. This is not the closest hotel to Disneyland so if you are looking to go there are other options that would place you closer for the money. We are disappointed that many of the individuals who made staying at this location a very pleasant experience are gone and has been replaced with "just average" customer service at best.
Needless to say on my husband's last trip to California he stayed at another hotel.

Room Tip: the higher the floor the better.. also, you probably don't want a room near the elevator or you...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had 3 rooms booked for our group stay July 5-7. I traveled with my dog and was given a room on the 2nd floor (216) close to the elevators and heard no noise or elevator dinging from inside my room. We had a 2 king suites and 1 with 2 doubles. Everyone in our group remarked how the beds and pillows were so comfortable they wish they didn't have to get out & it was the best sleep they had in a hotel bed ever. The staff were all very nice, front desk made a mistake on our bill and fixed it immediately. Managers reception was VERY well-liked by our group and made-to-order breakfast was fantastic...everything you could possibly ask for was available. I must say I was initially very hesitant to book at this hotel due to prior reviews about the recycling plant, from our experience this IS NOT operated 24 hours. It closed at 5pm on weekdays and 3pm on Sat. For those staying with a dog it is actually a nice little walk down past the plant (lots of grass).

The hotel was super busy over this weekend and most noticeably when waiting for an elevator.
Only suggestion I have would be to allow the stairs to be accessed from the outside of the hotel with a keypad like the other doors. You can use the stairs to go down and they take you outside of the hotel, but can't get back in as the door auto-locks. This would have been a huge help only for the fact of avoiding the busy elevator at breakfast time.

They do charge for wi-fi as most hotels in the area do, but they have a free business center so it wasn't an issue for us. They also were AMAZING at providing pre-printed directions to anywhere we needed to go. 1st stay at an Embassy Suites and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Rooms in the middle will have less elevator traffic/noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while we were in the area for a family wedding. We often stay in Embassy Suites as it allows us to have our entire family in one room. We always enjoy the manager's reception and the cooked to order breakfast that they offer every morning. Check-in was very quick even though we arrived an hour earlier than check-in time. We required extra towels, blankets and pillows to be brought to the room and they were delivered fairly quickly.

The down side of the stay was a bathroom door in our room that was swollen and so was difficult and noisy to close, water in the shower that was only slightly warm, not hot. In contrast to the other review which says that their suite was cold, I was hot when I was inside the bedroom portion of the suite but was OK when in the living room. The worst part was that the beds are only full-size not queen-size beds and that makes a difference when you have six people staying in the same room. You need every inch you can get! Also, I didn't like the fact that they charge for internet access.

The hotel is located right off the 91 freeway. They do have a restaurant located in the hotel itself. I did not eat there. There are no other restaurants or shopping within walking distance.

All in all, it was a nice stay and I would recommend this hotel to others and would stay there again myself.

1 Thank cathuanca
Seattle, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I reserved a 2 room, 1 king non smoking suite. Upon arrival we were given a 2 room, 2 queen bed suite right outside the elevator. When I notified them about this, they said it's the only room they had and to check back tomorrow for availability since the hotel was full. You could hear the bell every single time the elevators were used, which there were 2. I'm not sure the point of making a reservation and paying ahead of time for my stay if we weren't going to get the room we reserved. Day 2, I came and asked to see if there was availablity, but no one assisted that day either until way late in the night. We left the 3rd morning at 7am, so it was pointless to move into a different room. Our experience soured by this.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Francois K, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Linda L,

My sincere apologies for not being able to assign your requested bed type at check-in. I always appreciate hearing from our guests - including areas where we haven’t met our guests’ expectations. Our front desk goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, however at times we do not have the same availability due to varied reasons. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South
Staybridge Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center
Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North? Share your experiences!