“Nice stay, the staff took care of us”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North
Ranked #54 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Tulsa
“Nice stay, the staff took care of us”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 7 days. The hotel was very clean and the staff were very polite and courteous. The housekeepers were friendly even though they did not speak English. I had to communicate with front desk if I needed extra towels or when my room was clean. The breakfast buffet was generous and good; however after the third day, we went out to get our own breakfast (the repetitious menu was getting old). The hotel offered made to order omelette and it was good.
The bed was very comfortable and the room was generally clean and very spacious. The fridge and microwave was much older and not as dependable as it needs to be.
Since we stayed at the hotel for 7 days, we used the on site laundry and dryer. We had problems with one of the dryers as it did dry our clothes after ample time. I had to bring my wet clothes to another floor to use another dryer.
The location of this hotel was very accessible via the freeway and it is very close to restaurants and shops.
The staff were very friendly. We were greeted daily when we left the hotel. The housekeepers were working very hard. We encountered a problem during the last few days of the stay. I spoke to Malia Mailangi about it and she was very courteous, professional, and helpful in resolving my issue.
We will definitely be returning to this hotel when we visit Anaheim in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for quieter room when checking in.
2 Thank guyscholar
Francois K, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear guyscholar,
It was a pleasure reading your comments, especially after staying 7 nights with us. Thank you for letting us know about the dryer malfunctioning, the company came and took care of it. Sometimes in the Hotel daily life, challenges do occur but how we react makes all the difference. Thus, your compliments regarding Malia our Front Office Manager were really appreciated.

Thank you so much for your business and your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
East Orlando, FL
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip with a duration of 10 days. This was my first trip to this area and I originally wanted to stay in Brea but this was one of the only hotels available when I booked my travel. Overall, I’d say that this is a nice place to stay.

I checked in easily and had a quick ride to my 7th floor room with a view of the river. The room was tidy, typical of an Embassy Suites room. The bathroom was a bit dated – the fixtures had hard water stains and the tub was a bit drippy, but overall it was fairly clean. Interestingly, only 1 of the three landline phones in my room worked. In addition, two of the light bulbs were burned out. This didn’t really bother me though – I don’t use the phones and the bulbs were replaced with a single call to the front desk.

I’ll start with the good things about the hotel, and then cover the not-so-good, ending with a summary. As a business traveler, the internet was speedy enough for me to VPN into work and get stuff done. I liked the location of my room and the ability to walk out and see the happenings below. There is a really nice koi pond covering most of the lobby floor. Another high point was breakfast. Every day, there was an assortment of eggs, bacon, sausages and potatoes in the express lane, followed by the typical assortment of fruit, yogurt, breads, etc. on adjacent stations. There is a cook-to-order omelet station which I frequented. The coffee was good, too. There was also apple juice and orange which was watery. Proximity-wise, I was working in Fullerton, so the drive wasn’t bad and could be accomplished via back streets with minimal traffic and a 20 minute drive. Every night, there was a manager’s reception in the bar area featuring well-brands, popcorn and a chex-mix type snack. This was a very enjoyable end to my day. I also enjoyed socializing with other like-minded travelers.

Now for the bad. My room was noisy. First and foremost, nearly everyone in this hotel had a habit of not just closing but forcefully slamming their doors all day and night. I’ve never noticed the slamming of doors to this degree in other hotels. Next, the walls were paper thin. On my first night, I had a person next door who rented adult movies and played them at higher than normal volume. The next day, this character was replaced by some family who seemingly left their infant baby unattended for hours on end where it would cry incessantly. I called to the desk once about the matter, frightened for the child’s well-being. The baby also woke every 2 hours and 15 minutes during the night, following by blood curdling screams from some other child in the room who had some sort of issue with something. They were replaced the next night by a seemingly normal and quiet, respectful family who stayed next to me during the duration of my stay. I’m telling you this because the walls are thin and you can hear people talking, watching TV, using the restroom and all sorts of other things you shouldn’t be hearing.
Another annoyance was the housekeeping. On one occasion, I threw a tube of toothpaste in the trash which was empty along with some papers I no longer needed. Upon my return that evening, I found the papers un-crumpled and laying out on the desk along with the empty tube of toothpaste returned to my sink area. This is unacceptable. I found the housekeeping staff “un-trashing” my room several times during the week to the point where I just started throwing my stuff in the trash bin next to the elevator. Is this a “feature” of this particular hotel? I realize I may throw something away which I didn’t intend to toss, but really?

Aside from these annoyances, I kept hearing a beeping all night long outside my window. Eventually I looked out and saw tractors/bulldozers razing the earth around the river in the middle of the night. Every time they backed up or revved their engines, I heard it. Also, trucks probably filled with scrap metal line up starting at 3 in the morning and idle next to the entrance of the hotel, making their way to the scrap yard next door. Some of them were fond of blowing their horns in the middle of the night. So, as you can see, there is a theme here that the hotel is not as sound proof as it needs to be. Finally, this hotel is frequented by Disney-goers. I’m from Orlando, so I’m used to this sort of thing. Just keep in mind this is not the most business traveler friendly hotel – it is obviously geared more toward Disney travelers.

I can’t think of any other negatives. One though might be that there are not many restaurants nearby. You have to familiarize yourself with the area and drive out for food. There are some decent places within a 30 minute radius of the hotel. In general though this hotel is situated in the ‘industrial park’ side of town, nestled at the nexus of some major highways.

In all, I feel the pros of this stay outweighed the cons. I enjoyed the proximity to work, the no-hassle front desk and the evening reception. The billing was accurate and hassle-free. Parking was a cinch and I never had to walk too far no matter when I arrived. I did not use the pool or gym amenities but I saw them and they seemed nice. Given the choice, I’ll probably stay elsewhere on a return trip but I will mark this hotel as a backup plan in case my other choices are not available. If returning for a family trip or for recreational purposes, this might be the best choice.

Room Tip: Ask for the "quiet side" of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank gargamel
Francois-THE-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear gargamel,

It was with great interest to read your very objective review of our hotel during your extended stay with us. Thank you for your compliments on our internet, Lobby, Breakfast service and Happy hour.
I am sorry that the housekeeper did not want to discard of your trash and kept saving it. I will be sharing these comments with the department. As part of our upcoming renovation we will be replacing our sliding glass doors to improve soundproofing.
We really appreciate your comments and business.

Beresford, South Dakota
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I went with my mother and father on a trip to Disneyland. It has been the nicest hotel I have stayed at.. The breakfast was delious!! Bacon everyday??? Yum!! And the shuttle to Disneyland is nice. I even got my own room!! I also love the view of the hotel inside :) and the fish. Stay here when you go to Disneyland!!!:)

I actually stayed here 5 years ago. Not June 2012

Room Tip: 7th floor. The view is awesome!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Santa Monica, United States
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had my wedding reception here and it was amazing! Leala Conners did an awesome job helping us coordinate everything. Food was amazing at our reception and everyone had a great time. Thank you for a wonderful and memorable night!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Roseville, California
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Very nice Emassy Suites. Not too flashy, service from the front desk to the bar staff was excellent. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The mattress was very comfortable. Fitness area was small but weel stocked and had soft, clean towels and cold water. Adjacent to the fitness room was an indoor pool and jacuzzi. Breakfast was good...not a big fruit selection, though. Stayed there for business but could have easily stayed there for a Disneyland trip as well. Not the nicest Embassy Suites I have stayed at, but I would not hesitate going back. The were no restaurants in walking distance, but there was a bar on the far side of the parking lot. Easy access to Hwy 91.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the busy highway
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank silverstater
Dear silverstater,

We appreciate your positive feedback and loved that we will be your choice on your next visit. Thank you for your business and we hope you will be back soon.

San Diego, United States
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Everything was exceptional. Breakfast was superb, staff was very courteous and management was always around for anything needed. Can't wait to come back. I visited Disneyland, and this was a perfect location to be close to disney without all the traffic.

Dear William S.,

Thank you so much for your very positive feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit to our Hotel.

Apex, North Carolina
Reviewed April 26, 2013

It's not the Embassy Suites fault it's next to a scrap metal yard and the sadly concrete-channeled Santa Ana River but it doesn't help the atmosphere. However, I think this is a good choice for families going to Disneyland due to location and the fun fish and turtle pond running through the middle of the hotel. Staff was wonderful but the htoel is in need of many repairs.

1 Thank HappyApexTraveler
Dear HappyApex Traveler,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share with other travelers your opinion regarding our property. On behalf of the entire Staff, we appreciate your positive feedback on the hotel Staff.
We are planning a full renovation by middle of next year. We hope you come back and visit it again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South
Staybridge Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center
Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North? Share your experiences!