“Some good and bad -- not all bad.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North
Ranked #55 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Toppenish, Washington
“Some good and bad -- not all bad.”
Reviewed April 23, 2008

They had great customer service. We got there a little after 1:00pm, a little earlier than check in. They did check us into an available room which was very nice. Just so you know it IS near a scrap yard. We didn’t hear it, of course we were gone all day at Disneyland, and we were so exhausted when we did get back to our room that we could have slept through anything. They do have a free shuttle to Disneyland. It's about a 15 minute drive to Disneyland. There are no convenient stores, or restaurants near by or within walking distance, only one sports bar at the end of the parking lot. So if you want to be closer to Disneyland or near stores I would not recommend this hotel. Or you could purchase the ART (Anaheim Resort Transit) tickets which will pick you up at the entrance of Disneyland and take you to other hotel drop offs. You can get a map from any of the Art’s which has a schedule of pick up and drop off times. They will take you to a hotel near Target but you will have to walk their. But if you’re going to Disneyland anyway you should be used to the walking. They also had a drop off near or at the block at the orange which is a mall from what we were told. But we didn’t make it there because the pick up locations are different from the drop off locations. Definitely ask questions if using the ART. The rooms were clean; I do think they open the sliding glass doors when cleaning, because when we came back to our room one of the nights we had tiny bugs in our room gravitating towards the light. We had spent all day at Disneyland and were too tired to complain to the front desk. The walls are a little thin, and although our room was non-smoking the room next to our's was, so you could smell the smoke from the next room, so if you are sensitive make sure you get a non-smoking room away from the smoking rooms. They had a free breakfast which was nice because it saved us a lot of money. It was busy but the help kept the lines going. The breakfast sausage and bacon were greasy but it was free and they had other things to eat so you don’t just have to eat the bacon and sausage. They had omelets, pancakes, French toast, eggs, potatoes, cereal, hard boiled eggs w/the shell, fruit, and yogurt, a wide variety of foods. They also have a washer and dryer on every floor which was very nice. They have a pop machine, but my husband had to go up 3 flights to find one with pop in it, and then the pop was expired. They didn’t give us our money back but did give us warm pop from their bar. The beds were not that comfortable but it could have been much worse. And it was clean; we always had fresh towels and a new supply of shampoo, soap and conditioner. Also if you’re flying in from Orange County/John Wayne, it’s about a 15 minute drive from the airport.

• Liked — The friendly staff and the free shuttle to disneyland
  • Disliked — It was a little far out and not near any stores or fast food or coffee shops.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Los Angeles
Reviewed April 5, 2008

My family and I just returned from an overnight stay at this hotel. Given what was noted by others, I was somewhat concerned but figured that for a short stay, it would be no big deal...I was pleasantly surprised by what we found but must say that this hotel is not exactly the Garden of Eden...

The Good:
The service was markedly better than I expected. Everyone was welcoming and kind. The front desk staff was very helpful with regard to directions and our needs. The room service staff was lovely and the folks providing the made to order breakfasts in the morning were really first rate. The staff really seemed to want to make sure we were comfortable. This was by far the best feature of the hotel.

The soundproofing on our window (which faced the freeway!!) was better than I expected. I actually fell asleep at 8:30 pm and didn't hear anything other than the faintest white noice from the freeway.

The breakfast itself was outstanding and really helped as we were able to go to Disneyland with full bellies!

Cute bar downstairs--not that I was drinking as I was with my folks and kids, but under other circumstances, I would have really enjoyed a pint or two in a nice setting.

The physical plant of the hotel is nice--large open courtyard, nice enclosed pool for the kids, pond in the center with fish, ducks, and turtles that the kids loved!

The Bad:
The hotel is not near much of anything except a sports pub in the parking lot. There is no way to get toothpaste, contact lens cleaner, etc. without getting in the car. The hotel shop closed months ago and it sounded like there were no plans to reopen it. This is a bit of a bummer!

The Ugly:
Did I mention that the hotel is not near much of anything? Actually, it is right next to the freeway and a recycling plant. ICK. When I say ICK, I really mean ICK. I have had the pleasure of staying in some yucky locations before, but this one really takes the cake. Granted, it was reasonably close to Disneyland (the ONLY reason to stay here) but we probably could have done better in terms of being close for a similar price. A family literally could not go anywhere without getting in the car. Even the nearest fast food place was a 5-10 minute car ride. (Granted, it takes us a little longer to go anywhere as we have two young kids, but it is a pain to have to use the car to get a quick bite.) There were a bunch of business people staying here and I honestly can't imagine why they would given the other options in Anaheim...

• Liked — Good service
  • Disliked — Yucky location
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed March 21, 2008

I booked this hotel before I read some of the reviews. I was worried when I read about all the noise that comes from the freeway and the recycling plant behind the hotel. As luck would have it, we got a room at the back of the hotel on the side of the freeway, right next to the laundry room. Thanks to the reviews on tripadvisor, I knew this was a recipe for disaster. We immediately asked to be moved to a different room away from the recycling plant and freeway. We were moved to a room near the front of the hotel on the opposite side of the building and enjoyed 3 very restful and quiet nights of sleep.

The made to order breakfast was great! You could get anything you wanted. My kids loved swimming in the indoor pool and I enjoyed the jaccuzi. We went to Disneyland. The hotel offers a shuttle which is nice because you are to far away to walk to Disneyland and parking is $11 a day. They have a manager's reception every evening with snacks and complimentary drinks. That was nice for mama after a long day chasing after the kids at Disneyland. There is a restaurant at the hotel that we ate at twice. The food was okay, but I thought it was overpriced.

All in all my family had a very good experience. I would stay here again, but if I was going to Disneyland, I think I would want to be closer to the park so that we could walk back in forth. The hotel is far from the park. But we had a great time anyway, and my children loved it here.

• Liked — the two room suites and the made to order breakfast
  • Disliked — the sofa bed was uncomfortable
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed March 18, 2008

Unfortunately, we had a very bad experience at this hotel. We checked in on Sat. evening 3/8/08. We were woken up early Sun. morning to hammering and scraping above us. Mon. morning at 5:00 am the fire alarm goes off in the hotel. We evacuate the hotel using the stairs. The fire dept. arrives and checks the building. No fire (thank goodness). When I asked the fireman if the fire alarms were off and if we could return to our rooms, he said, "what alarms." He says to the front desk person, "you said there weren't any alarms." Why would the front desk person tell the fire department that? This really concerned me. So we finally go back to our room when we were awoken again at 9:00 am by the hammering and scraping above us. It turns out the room above us was under construction. (Why would they put a guest in a room below construction is a mystery to me). We had to pack up and change rooms. When we returned to our new room on Tues. evening it is infested w/flying gnats/bugs. After the night manager came to our room he suggested we sleep in another room for that evening and then change rooms again the next day. So we packed up AGAIN and changed rooms. The new room faced the freeway with a lot of traffic noise, but at least there were no bugs or construction! Okay, so we think maybe we are home free . . . not! The fire alarm goes off again at 3:30 am on Thurs. People evacuate again w/children and babies wrapped up in blankets. We stayed put because of our previous experience w/the fire alarm on Monday. We ended up leaving a day early because the kids just didn't want to stay at the hotel another night.

Okay, now for some good stuff: The physical hotel and grounds were very nice. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool and whirlpool. The shuttle bus to Disneyland was a nice bonus. The complimentary breakfast was excellent and had every breakfast item you could think of.

The hotel did discount our room, but I felt it was still an inadequate amount. The problems we had the first 2 nights could have been completely avoided if they hadn't put us under a room with construction.

• Liked — The rooms were spacious and clean
  • Disliked — Room construction noise; flying gnats; false fire alarms.
2 Thank HappyMom-Reno
los angeles
Reviewed March 16, 2008

We stayed for two nights at this hotel during our visit to Disneyland. We thought the hotel was very accomodating after a long day. The facility was appealing to the eye, more from the inside of the structure than the outside. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. We particularly enjoyed that all rooms had one bedroom suites. This was perfect for our family situation. And the breakfast was awesome. It wasn't just a continental breakfast, but rather a cooked to order breakfast with omeletes, french toast, fruit. etc. This is included with the price of the room, only certain hours, I believe 7-10:30 weekends.
The indoor pool and jacuzzi looked clean and inviting, but maybe next time! It is a 15 minute drive to Disneyland from the hotel. There is a free shuttle service at the hotel that will take you to the park (with reservations) to and from. Parking at the hotel was free.

We only had a minor problem with some sort of maintenance repair noise coming from the room above us, but after a call to the front desk, the manager did the best she could to correct the situation and even send us a gift bag of goodies with their apologies for any inconvenience.

We will definitely consider staying at the Embassy Suites-Anaheim North again when we're visiting Disneyland as a family.

• Liked — one bedroom suites, free breakfast and parking
  • Disliked — east view of the recycling center
Oregon
Reviewed March 13, 2008

Our family loved this place from the moment we walked in! The staff was very friendly . The breakfast was wonderful and I have picky kids. They have something for everyone! The 2 room suites are perfect for a family.. It's nice to have 2 tv's so parents can actually watch a little too! I can honestly say you will not be dissapointed if you stay here. And if you are your just to dang picky!!! We will definately stay here from now on!

Stayed November 2007
Alberta
Reviewed January 17, 2008

We just got back from a 7 night stay here. We were travelling with 3 children, and the 2 room suite worked great for us. We faced the parking lot on the 5th floor, and got to see the fireworks at night. The cook to order breakfast was awesome! It sure saved us a lot of money. They have lot's to choose from. You can get fresh fruit, yogurt, cooked oatmeal, cereal, pancakes, scrambled eggs, waffles, omeletes, bacon, hashbrowns, sausages and more. It was great. They have it on from 6-9:30am.
We used the indoor swimming pool a few times. Each time we used it there was only one other person in there. It's not overly huge, but the kids just loved it.
They have laundry facilities on the 2nd, 4th and 6th floor. They sell soap and fabric softener for $.50.
There is a resaurant downstairs that we used once. We went else where to eat most times though.
They have a shuttle that takes you to Disneyland, but we never used it. You have to reserve a time both ways, and they leave on the hour to disneyland, and every 1/2 hour on the way back. We had strollers and such, so it was easier to drive. The parking at disneyland is $11/day, if you don't mind paying that. It took us about 15 minutes to drive, so it's not walking distance. That wasn't an issue for us. If you want walking distance, I'd stay somewhere closer.
Overall, we loved our stay. The staff is really friendly, and will do anything to help you out. They have playpens free of charge as well. The next time we go back, we'll be staying here for sure!

• Liked — the breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing, everything was great
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank leanned75
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
Staybridge Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North? Share your experiences!