“Good choice for families going to Disneyland”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North
Ranked #56 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel last summer. Overall, we had a good stay and I wouldn't mind staying there again next time I take my kids to Disneyland.

Location - it is not that far from Disneyland but you definitely need to drive your car to go to the park. A shuttle is also available for FREE if you buy park hopper tickets at the front desk. There is a minimal fee for those who didn't buy disney tickets from them. The only drawback from taking the shuttle is the frequency of the service. It's only once per hour. We waited for over 30 minutes the first night we went to Disneyland because the shuttle was late. We even called several times to confirm the shuttle was coming. It's a minor inconvenience that we were willing to accept because we didn't want to drive our car to the park.

Rate - the rate was very reasonable compared to the hotels next to Disneyland.

Check-In - the process was smooth. The receptionist was very friendly. He even remembered my name. He addressed me by my last time every time I went by the front desk to ask a question or when I bought the park hopper tickets.

Room - the room was spacious just like other Embassy Suites. It's a bit dated but having the sleeper sofa and a separate bedroom was good. The most important thing was the cleanliness. We didn't have any issues with housekeeping.

Breakfast - buffet and cook to order omelette was complimentary. It was plentiful. The only thing I didn't like was the crowd. There were too many people in the morning and kids running around while their parents watched and did nothing. This is not the hotel's fault though. I'm just including it in this review so that the readers know what to expect.

Happy Hour - there is a manager's reception everyday from 5pm-7pm. After a long day of travel and walking at Disneyland, we made sure we took advantage of the complimentary alcoholic beverages (beer, well drinks, chips, salsa, and soda) that was provided. Please don't forget to tip the bartenders. :) We even ordered pizza to be delivered to the bar area and the hotel staff was completely okay with it.

OVERALL - this is a good choice for families going to Disneyland. The rooms are spacious, there is complimentary breakfast, shuttle to the park is available, and the location is not bad. It is not a five star hotel so don't expect it to be one.

Room Tip: Buy disney park hopper tickets from the front desk to get complimentary shuttle ride to disneyland p...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 14, 2013

The hotel is great, we even extended an extra day. My kids really like the Koi Pond and the swimming pool. This is our second time at the same location, and it will not be the last. Breakfast came as a package, but we only made it on the first day, just got too tired to wake up early enough the catch it.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I just spent a week here on business and was a little concerned about noise due to the fact that it is close to Disney and attracts families. I should not have been. It was one of the quietest hotels I have ever stayed in, partly due to being able to shut off the front part of the suite with a door from the bedroom. Even in communal areas though there was still a sense of calm; no kids going crazy everywhere (not that I don't like kids!)

The thing that I really liked was the friendliness of the staff. Every single one made an effort to say hi, and be helpful. Cannot say enough about that.

The rooms are ok to good. They are clean and the bed was comfortable. Not the most up to date, but also not worn or dated. I as disappointed that the gym only had two treadmills and one was out of action for all my time there.

Overall very happy and I've already booked to go back on my return in February.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed 3 days at this hotel. The lobby was nice and the other open area with the pond and bridge was nice. All staff was friendly. Rooms were large, nice and clean. Breakfast was good and included made to order omelet's, pastries and other hot items, there was also plenty of tables available. Evening drinks and snacks of popcorn and nachos and salsa were served which was a nice touch. The restaurant had good salads, soups and sandwiches. No complaints.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alwaysfun2travel
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We generally stay at Embassy Suites at Lake Tahoe, which serves our purpose, so we thought that we'd get a similar experience at the Embassy Suites Anaheim North. I knew it was not the closest to Disneyland, but it's only a ten minute drive, no big deal. They also have a shuttle that leaves every hour, if you're so inclined.

Our room was clean, if a bit shabby. The carpets in the hallways were pretty dingy, and when we arrived in the evening there were trays of dirty dishes left in the hallway outside of different rooms. Not an unusual sight for a cheaper hotel, but when the trays were still there the next morning I thought it was a bit much. After a nice long day at Disneyland, there were coffee cups lying in the hallway, which stayed till the next morning. When we left someone dropped a butter knife, so we at least got a complete place setting ;P

The pool is nice enough, and clean. The drains on the pool deck kept clogging up and creating big puddles of water, which the crew half-heartedly tried to fix by sweeping the water to an unblocked drain. The first night there were no towels by the pool, and it took them 45 minutes to bring some clean ones. But my daughter enjoyed the pool every day of our three night stay, it was heated enough to enjoy even in January. It's indoors, so the weather wasn't an issue.

The ice machine on our floor gave me a few ashes (not kidding), but no ice. I went to another floor to get ice.

The biggest complaint I have is that the dishes for the breakfast buffet were just straight up dirty. Food stuck on the plates, and lipstick and coffee still on the coffee cups. Either they weren't washed at all, or they were washed in such a half-assed way that they might as well not have been washed. The breakfast buffet itself was fine, same food as we get at Tahoe, not great, but filling.

It's not necessarily a quiet location, because even though we were situated on the side away from the freeway, there is a metal scrap yard down the street that is open all night, so you hear beeping trucks and cranes backing up all night. It wasn't so horrible, but I would have thought they'd put double-paned windows in to keep noise out.

All in all I felt we kind of didn't get a bargain, but I didn't feel ripped off. Staying at the Embassy Suites in Tahoe always feels like I got a bargain. Maybe the South Anaheim location is better run? A solid "Meh," for Embassy Suites Anaheim North.

1  Thank TigrrlMama
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My family have been staying at embassy suites since we have young children who likes to swim in an indoor pool. This hotel is the most terrible hotel we've stayed in. First, they've put us in a room where someone is already there! They said it's just a system error! Then we got assigned to another room where the shower drain is not working! On our third move, we found chicken bones on the floor underneath the lamp! This all happened at about 10pm where our young kids are already sleeping and had to move to three different rooms during their bedtime. The first staff "Taryn" wasn't so helpful and coudn't care less. She won't even smile and didn't even sound apologetic, talk about bad customer service! At least the second staff was a little helpful! He gave us free internet access during our stay and gave us a complimentary box worth $5. When we reported it, they said they'll take care of it and clean it up! Of course, we could have easily picked it up but we wanted to make a point that this is unacceptable! The room needs to be cleaned properly! So, we reported it and the front desk promised us that it will be taken cared of the next day! Lo and behold, when we got back from our tiring day from Disneyland the next day, chicken bones were still staring us in the face! Everything was changed but the bones were never picked up! Then the housekeeping manager came up and personally picked it up and manager apologized over the phone! There was still a lot of things that happened but we would never stay at this hotel again!

3  Thank Donna P
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is our third stay at Embassy Suites North in Anaheim. The concierge is accommodating. We're a family of five and the double suite suited us just fine. The breakfast selection is wonderful, can't beat the hot food menu. There is a shuttle that runs every hour (except 12:30 to 3:30 p.m.). The four-star rating is due to the worn-out carpeting, outdated decor, and small pillows; however, the concierge did mention the hotel will undergo renovation soon. I will definitely stay at this hotel again. The big plus for me is the complimentary hot buffet breakfast.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor, facing the parking lot, I found this side is much quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank xtel88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Staybridge Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North? Share your experiences!