“Nice hotel away from Disneyland”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North
Ranked #56 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We appreciated a relaxing hotel on a trip to Disneyland with the kids, that was a comfortable suite big enough for a family of five. Kids loved the indoor pool, we loved the complimentary happy hour in the atrium. The atrium area was very pretty, with a pond and foliage and quite large. The buffet breakfast was generous with eggs, pancakes, omelettes, and fruit. Our only complaint is that room was in the back of the hotel. over the air conditioner unit, which was loud. Also, the large recycling center behind the hotel was loud, so ask for a room in the front.

Room Tip: Choose room at front of the hotel.
1  Thank Occasion
mjdrios, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments and will pass it along to our Team.

We are extremely grateful that you enjoyed your stay....

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North

Reviewed April 20, 2012

This Embassy Suites was a good hotel, not great because it's an older one. We usually stay at an Embassy Suites whenever we travel. This saves us a lot of money with the free breakfast they provide. We are usually four to six people traveling together. We were there 04/09-04/14 and breakfast was very busy, not enough tables for people to sit.

The only problem I had with this hotel was the elevator. Embassy Suites elevators are very slow and it didn't help that the elevators that were near our room had a mind of their own. For some reason one of them (there is 2) loved the 5th floor, it automatically stopped there and took about 1 1/2 minutes for the doors to close and continue. This was really irritating. Also one was completely out for a day.

The other was the view. Our room was on the last floor and we had a view of some scrap metal recycling plant or something like that.

Other than that Good Location, close to Disneyland and California adventure, approximately 4-5 miles away. Housekeeping gave us what we requested and our stay was pleasant.

Room Tip: -Stick to the lower floors if you plan to stay at this Embassy, the elevators were not working very...
1  Thank Mibarbo
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Every year we stay at this hotel and every year it proves why we come back, the rooms are fantastic, always clean and friendly staff. Both the evening drinks and the breakfast were brilliant. Would definately recomend it to familys.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

We have stayed here several times as a family and my husband stays here frequently for business. I will say we stay in a king suite with our 10year old daughter. She stays on the comfortable pull-out in the front room while we are in the bedroom. It works out very nice and everyone has plenty of space. There is a breakfast in the morning which is ok but definitely works for free! The cooked to order omelettes are a great way to go. We always rent a car and take side streets to Disneyland but I understand they have a shuttle that will take you there. All in all the hotel is clean, comfortable and well located for Orange County attractions. They do have an indoor pool too..

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mama2001
mjdrios, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments & delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return visit to OC & our Hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Hello, I just thought I would share my recent experience regarding this hotel so that other travelers are prepared. First of all, I have stayed at this hotel before with my entire family and our pets. Yes, the hotel staff was nice enough to accomodate our needs, and they do allow pets! We stayed for 2 weeks while escrow was closing on our home. We felt completely comfortable, loved the buffet breakfast every morning, and enjoyed our room which was right next door to the (then) manager. He was a world traveler and the nicest man you could meet. We also enjoyed happy hour because they had snacks for the kids and a pool table. The lounge was comforting, relaxing and had plenty of room. All of the guests seem to be enjoying themselves, just like we were. We spent time at the pool which was perfectly heated, and also utilized the gym. It was never crowded. Although the pool is indoors (the chlorine odor can make your eyes water), it was still very nice!
So, a few years later I returned for one night stay to avoid driving any further due to exhaustion from a long flight. I thought for sure I would find my perfect oasis at the Embassy Suites and hoped to see the previous manager there to greet me. Wrong. I learned that he was no longer there, I was in some rude way, assisted by the night Supervisor named Jack [--] who had a sarcastic smirk I wanted to mop off of his face. He led me to "the only room he had" which was directly facing the freeway. I had informed him that I desperately needed sleep and I did not want to see or hear the freeway. He was quite robotic and cared nothing about what I needed or asked for. We quickly went back to the front desk where I had him double check to make sure he didn't have anything else. Without him even gazing at the computer, he told me no, then asked me to calm down. I was as calm as a cucumber, nevertheless, he called security. The security guard came over and looked as if he had no idea what he was needed for. I simply walked away with no need for security. Ridiculous!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank lizlemonmarch2012

My upmost apologies in not providing you with your guest room preference. Clearly, we could have provided you with the option to relocate to another Hotel. Please know that we are committed in learning from this situation and apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for taking the time to notify us.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

We went there for our Disneyland trip. We booked here because it's not too close to the park, free parking and free breakfast. Overall, the hotel is great. Our room was spotless, lots of space and clean bathroom. Our only complaint is that we booked 3 weeks ahead for double queen suites, but when we got into our room its a king suite. I asked the front desk, she said they dont have any available queen suites rooms left. I was hoping to be more comfortable to have separate bed for my 4 year old son instead of putting him in a pull away bed. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, but I was a little disappointed. The free breakfast really do saved a lot for our stay there. They have many variety of food, even I found something to eat for my very picky son.
The manager's reception was great too, I Made use of this on our first night. My husband and I wind down with a couple of wine while our son having his soda and popcorn.
Oh and one more thing, ask if you could stay on the non freeway side. Its real noisy at night, I couldn't sleep until 2 and had to be up at 6. Or maybe just bring some earplugs. It's a great hotel, I would stay here again and next time I will ask to have a room on the other side.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank karshka
mjdrios, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments concerning your recent stay. We anticipate that during the next renovation we will address the queen bed type issue more readily. Again, thank you for comments and above all we're glad that you and your family had an enjoyable stay.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Having stayed at this property a few months prior, I thought I knew what to expect...but what I learned is that it appears that the rooms on the top floor may be better maintained than the lower floors. Perhaps this was just my experience, but there was a big difference between the condition of the bathroom I had on the top floor, as compared to the room I had on a lower floor.

Pros: Excellent for families, free hot breakfast, spacious suites, indoor pool and spa, free manager's reception

Cons: Close to freeway, bathroom could use some paint and replacement of rusty vents and sprinkler heads, the fact that there is a per-person charge for the shuttle (free at many other area properties)

In short, this hotel is still a very good value for family travel. The shuttle cost is negligible when one factors in the cost of parking at Disneyland. I intend to stay there again during my next visit, but I hope that the bathroom is better maintained at that time.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on the quiet side of the hotel (away from freeway noise). Also, if you pr...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank rescue-you
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County
Staybridge Suites Anaheim - Resort Area

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North? Share your experiences!