“Disney Proximity Hotel”

Ranked #55 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Kwajalein Island, Marshall Islands
“Disney Proximity Hotel”
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I'll start with the one low point: the room we were in was quite a bit dated and the bathroom had that "dank shower curtain smell" the entire week we were there. Our maid could have paid just a bit more attention to that. On the flip side, we did spend quite a bit of time at the hotel as our children are too young to be able to spend an entire day at the theme parks. It was close enough to go back and forth to Disneyland and we took advantage of that. The indoor heated pool was put to good use! The made-to-order breakfast bar was great and the cooks/wait/cleanup staff were incredibly friendly and got to know our kids by name. They made a huge deal of our kids as we had the kids help bus our table. The staff absolutely gloated and praised our kids for being so helpful. The front desk, service, and every other staff member we met at the hotel greeted us with smiles and sincere greetings. So while I was not as impressed with the room as I could have been, the hotel staff made up for this shortcoming with their pleasantness. I would DEFINITELY stay again.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the north or west side of the hotel. There is a metal recycling plant on the east...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DaveD-on-Kwaj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We stayed only one night for a quick Disney getaway. Although we didn't spend much time at the hotel, we were favorably impressed. The rooms seemed a little larger than some Embassy Suites, and we especially liked the extra vanity sink in the bedroom. Everything looked clean and fresh. The desk staff was cordial. The breakfast area was arranged well and the food was good. The heating/cooling system is weird, but weather was moderate for us so it didn't matter. The value was good compared with other properties in Anaheim. We had a car and appreciated free parking, but there is a shuttle to Disneyland, and we noticed that it left in time to make the park opening. The hotel is right off the freeway, but was quiet.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 91914
Maple Creek, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We recently stayed at Embassy Inn North and were very satisfied with all aspects. The staff are very friendly and willing to help in any way possible. The free breakfast was a bonus as we found the food to be very expensive. There was a great variety at the breakfast and the staff were very nice. The pool was great and our children enjoyed it very much. The room was very spacious and had everything we could have asked for. The shuttle drivers were very friendly, accomodating and were even willing to take us to the grocery store! We had no problem paying 20$ for our family to use the hotel shuttle all day to and from disneyland as a cab ride one way was 28$. As the days were very long at the parks and the crowds were insane I appreciated coming back to this quiet area at night and did not mind staying this far from the park. I will recommend this property to friends and family. I hope to come back and stay again as well! Thanks for everything Embassy Inn & Suites North.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer S
Hayward, California
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I have to say that overall this was a great place to stay. This was our first time and was a reccomendation by a friend who is an Annual Passholder for DLR. We stayed 5 nights, November 18th to the 23rd.

The cooling/heating system is very weird and we never were able to get the room to cool down (BF is always hot) even though there were directions on the wall explaining how to get the hotel controlled thermostat to be more comfortable in the room. We ended up having the sliding door open most of the night every night (lots of noise from the freeway). The room was very clean.

One disappointment is that in room video game console was not free to use, even though that wasn't mentioned on the booking site we used (entertainment.com/hotels a Hotels.com affiliate) like the wi-fi mentioned that there was a surcharge.

Breakfast was always great, except on the last day (November 23rd) they ran out of eggs--how do you run out of eggs at a breakfast bar that serves eggs as a main menu item? Also, the local calls with charges? Didn't know that until I received my check out billing under the door (had to search the black book on the counter to find the fees). But, when we did check out, the clerk was willing to waive those fees since they ran out of eggs (thanks). Oh and how many days does the milk machine have to be down before it gets fixed (thank goodness there were two of them!)

One thing I do have to mention, I am an avid couponer and being away from home doesn't stop me from visiting my favorite stores on Sunday mornings to get all the deals! I requested at the front desk the night before to get a mapquest with Rite Aid, CVS and Walgreens all mapped out so that I could do my shopping. When I picked up the map, the lady at the desk let me know that the closest Rite Aid they could find was in Fullerton (no big deal it was only a few minutes away). Checked out the route and thought great, it's taking me all over the place, but no big deal. When I get to the street I am to turn on to get to the Rite Aid, there on the corner is Walgreens, across the street is CVS and then up the next block is the Rite Aid (along with Ralph's that I had to stop at for double coupons)! This worked out so perfectly!

Oh, and don't get the chinese delivery from the only place that the hotel can provide to you--that was a complete waste of $32 on disgusting food!

Thank you all for great service and for the fun nights in the Managers Reception (except the last night when I was carded--lol). We will definately return to ES again (maybe South when we visit again, depending on cost).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mstng97lvr
Any local starbucks
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I am a long time customer of Embassy suites all over the states. I love them. I have stayed at ES north several times, but on dec 6 I had a bizarre experience. Checked into room, and it was freezing. played with thermostat (which showed 96), but couldn't get the heat going. Had to meet client for dinner, so stopped at lobby on way back. they advised that the maintenance had control of heat and would only turn it on at 10pm and off at 5am. I advised that I would be sleeping between those hours, and really wouldn't NEED heat then, but WOULD need heat when I was in room in the evening prior to 10PM, and when I got up to take shower after 5pm. They could not explain WHY this new procedure was in place.

I said that they owed me the courtesty to advise me of this situation PRIOR to check-in, so I could choose whether to stay there or not. They comp'd my room, and gave me a space heater. I have NEVER had my heat regulated by a hotel. I guess I will specifically need to ask if they provide all day heat/water/clean sheets/tv 24/7 prior to booking a room. I know the economy is tough.. and I might expect this from a Motel 6, but NOT from Embassy Suites.

p.s. Excellent breakfast. room was chilly, but food was hot. and as always, very pleasent staff. I still love EVERYTHING about ES, but this heat thing REALLY concerns me.

Room Tip: ask to stay on EAST side of hotel, as WEST side is next to freeway.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Cofeeholik
stephany j, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
Thank you for your response. This property, as well as a couple of others in the area, were built on a two pipe system many years ago. This means that we can run on either hot, cold or neutral. Often times during the winter, we delay turning the system on to heat as the hotel heats up rather quickly and then recieve complaints that its too hot. It seems a bit odd I know, but this is a dilemma that we have had since opening the property in the late 80's. This should have been explained to you and my sincere apologies if it wasn't. I am happy to hear that the front desk staff was able to offer you a heater and compensate you for your inconvenience. I hope that you will return to visit us again soon!!!
Nirvana
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Saturday Night, Dec. 10, 2011. I am a HUGE fan of Embassy Suites...just not this one anymore! I am Hilton Gold and there were no pre-ordered towels and sheets in the room, no bottles of water that are always gratis and the place was overall pretty worn out. Though we were 20 feet from the elevator, heard it go up and down all night, there was a party downstairs (Holiday event?) that kept my kids up, and goooooooooooood luck getting a luggage cart. Breakfast was a disaster: not enough people to serve SO many people. The omelet/pancake staff did indeed work their tails off...fastest worker I have ever seen IMHO.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank StoneAlone
Thank you very much for recognizing the very diligent efforts of our breakfast staff. Yes, we can get quite busy during breakfast hours which is why we post the "best times to eat" schedule in each sleeping room. There was in fact a Holiday Party that evening and I apologize if it was a bit noisy. Unfortunately in an atrium type hotel, this can be an issue but we do try our best to keep the noise to a minimum especially after 10pm. Hilton Gold members are not typically delived water to their rooms but should be asked upon check in for their preference in amenities. You can choose between points or a bottled water. I have reminded my front desk staff of this and they are aware. I do hope that you will visit us again in the future and appreciate your honest feedback.
Tri-Cities, WA
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Have stayed at Embassy Suites before and am usually quite happy! Booked this hotel through Priceline where it says, "Near Disneyland" in the title. This should not be advertised as such. It's at least a 10 minute shuttle ride from Disneyland, which includes a trip on the highway. It's located in what appeared to be a dead end road, with only a divey looking sport's bar nearby. While the staff was unbelievable (polite, courteous, helpful), the room seemed dank. I couldn't shake the feeling that it was a little dirty. The second day we were there, we returned around 4:00, only to find that our room hadn't yet been cleaned by housekeeping. When she finally did arrive/clean (we went down to the pool), it was if nothing had been done. They only provided one thin/non-warm blanket for the fold out bed and, while you could ask for another, should you really have to? They should automatically provide sufficient bedding if the hide-a-bed is part of the price/advertising. The breakfast was as expected, but the overpriced food we ordered from room service was terrible (I would've thought liquid nacho cheese, for $11 nachos, was only still used at baseball stadiums). Better off ordering pizza from an outside source. If I had friends who were planning a trip to Disneyland, I would absolutely NOT recommend this location. Not worth the money, even with free parking (while it's free, they charge $5/person/day for shuttle to DL) and free breakfast. Stay closer to Disneyland, pay for parking, walk to Disneyland and eat breakfast at McDonalds!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Katie H
stephany j, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Thank you for your kind words about our staff as they do take pride in being warm and welcoming to our guests. We are located approximately 6 miles from Disneyland and have a shuttle designated specifically for our Disney guests for a nominal fee of just $5.00/ person for all day use. We are located on a side street adjacent to the 91 fwy which provides easy access to 4 major highways. I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with housekeeping and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We really do hope that you will visit us again and allow us to be of service to you and your family.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
Staybridge Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center
Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North? Share your experiences!