“Fun before Thanksgiving”

Ranked #50 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Hayward, California
“Fun before Thanksgiving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

I have to say that overall this was a great place to stay. This was our first time and was a reccomendation by a friend who is an Annual Passholder for DLR. We stayed 5 nights, November 18th to the 23rd.

The cooling/heating system is very weird and we never were able to get the room to cool down (BF is always hot) even though there were directions on the wall explaining how to get the hotel controlled thermostat to be more comfortable in the room. We ended up having the sliding door open most of the night every night (lots of noise from the freeway). The room was very clean.

One disappointment is that in room video game console was not free to use, even though that wasn't mentioned on the booking site we used (entertainment.com/hotels a Hotels.com affiliate) like the wi-fi mentioned that there was a surcharge.

Breakfast was always great, except on the last day (November 23rd) they ran out of eggs--how do you run out of eggs at a breakfast bar that serves eggs as a main menu item? Also, the local calls with charges? Didn't know that until I received my check out billing under the door (had to search the black book on the counter to find the fees). But, when we did check out, the clerk was willing to waive those fees since they ran out of eggs (thanks). Oh and how many days does the milk machine have to be down before it gets fixed (thank goodness there were two of them!)

One thing I do have to mention, I am an avid couponer and being away from home doesn't stop me from visiting my favorite stores on Sunday mornings to get all the deals! I requested at the front desk the night before to get a mapquest with Rite Aid, CVS and Walgreens all mapped out so that I could do my shopping. When I picked up the map, the lady at the desk let me know that the closest Rite Aid they could find was in Fullerton (no big deal it was only a few minutes away). Checked out the route and thought great, it's taking me all over the place, but no big deal. When I get to the street I am to turn on to get to the Rite Aid, there on the corner is Walgreens, across the street is CVS and then up the next block is the Rite Aid (along with Ralph's that I had to stop at for double coupons)! This worked out so perfectly!

Oh, and don't get the chinese delivery from the only place that the hotel can provide to you--that was a complete waste of $32 on disgusting food!

Thank you all for great service and for the fun nights in the Managers Reception (except the last night when I was carded--lol). We will definately return to ES again (maybe South when we visit again, depending on cost).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mstng97lvr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Any local starbucks
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

I am a long time customer of Embassy suites all over the states. I love them. I have stayed at ES north several times, but on dec 6 I had a bizarre experience. Checked into room, and it was freezing. played with thermostat (which showed 96), but couldn't get the heat going. Had to meet client for dinner, so stopped at lobby on way back. they advised that the maintenance had control of heat and would only turn it on at 10pm and off at 5am. I advised that I would be sleeping between those hours, and really wouldn't NEED heat then, but WOULD need heat when I was in room in the evening prior to 10PM, and when I got up to take shower after 5pm. They could not explain WHY this new procedure was in place.

I said that they owed me the courtesty to advise me of this situation PRIOR to check-in, so I could choose whether to stay there or not. They comp'd my room, and gave me a space heater. I have NEVER had my heat regulated by a hotel. I guess I will specifically need to ask if they provide all day heat/water/clean sheets/tv 24/7 prior to booking a room. I know the economy is tough.. and I might expect this from a Motel 6, but NOT from Embassy Suites.

p.s. Excellent breakfast. room was chilly, but food was hot. and as always, very pleasent staff. I still love EVERYTHING about ES, but this heat thing REALLY concerns me.

Room Tip: ask to stay on EAST side of hotel, as WEST side is next to freeway.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Cofeeholik
stephany j, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
Thank you for your response. This property, as well as a couple of others in the area, were built on a two pipe system many years ago. This means that we can run on either hot, cold or neutral. Often times during the winter, we delay turning the system on to heat as the hotel heats up rather quickly and then recieve complaints that its too hot. It seems a bit odd I know, but this is a dilemma that we have had since opening the property in the late 80's. This should have been explained to you and my sincere apologies if it wasn't. I am happy to hear that the front desk staff was able to offer you a heater and compensate you for your inconvenience. I hope that you will return to visit us again soon!!!
Nirvana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

Saturday Night, Dec. 10, 2011. I am a HUGE fan of Embassy Suites...just not this one anymore! I am Hilton Gold and there were no pre-ordered towels and sheets in the room, no bottles of water that are always gratis and the place was overall pretty worn out. Though we were 20 feet from the elevator, heard it go up and down all night, there was a party downstairs (Holiday event?) that kept my kids up, and goooooooooooood luck getting a luggage cart. Breakfast was a disaster: not enough people to serve SO many people. The omelet/pancake staff did indeed work their tails off...fastest worker I have ever seen IMHO.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank StoneAlone
Thank you very much for recognizing the very diligent efforts of our breakfast staff. Yes, we can get quite busy during breakfast hours which is why we post the "best times to eat" schedule in each sleeping room. There was in fact a Holiday Party that evening and I apologize if it was a bit noisy. Unfortunately in an atrium type hotel, this can be an issue but we do try our best to keep the noise to a minimum especially after 10pm. Hilton Gold members are not typically delived water to their rooms but should be asked upon check in for their preference in amenities. You can choose between points or a bottled water. I have reminded my front desk staff of this and they are aware. I do hope that you will visit us again in the future and appreciate your honest feedback.
Tri-Cities, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

Have stayed at Embassy Suites before and am usually quite happy! Booked this hotel through Priceline where it says, "Near Disneyland" in the title. This should not be advertised as such. It's at least a 10 minute shuttle ride from Disneyland, which includes a trip on the highway. It's located in what appeared to be a dead end road, with only a divey looking sport's bar nearby. While the staff was unbelievable (polite, courteous, helpful), the room seemed dank. I couldn't shake the feeling that it was a little dirty. The second day we were there, we returned around 4:00, only to find that our room hadn't yet been cleaned by housekeeping. When she finally did arrive/clean (we went down to the pool), it was if nothing had been done. They only provided one thin/non-warm blanket for the fold out bed and, while you could ask for another, should you really have to? They should automatically provide sufficient bedding if the hide-a-bed is part of the price/advertising. The breakfast was as expected, but the overpriced food we ordered from room service was terrible (I would've thought liquid nacho cheese, for $11 nachos, was only still used at baseball stadiums). Better off ordering pizza from an outside source. If I had friends who were planning a trip to Disneyland, I would absolutely NOT recommend this location. Not worth the money, even with free parking (while it's free, they charge $5/person/day for shuttle to DL) and free breakfast. Stay closer to Disneyland, pay for parking, walk to Disneyland and eat breakfast at McDonalds!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Katie H
stephany j, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Thank you for your kind words about our staff as they do take pride in being warm and welcoming to our guests. We are located approximately 6 miles from Disneyland and have a shuttle designated specifically for our Disney guests for a nominal fee of just $5.00/ person for all day use. We are located on a side street adjacent to the 91 fwy which provides easy access to 4 major highways. I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with housekeeping and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We really do hope that you will visit us again and allow us to be of service to you and your family.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

This hotel was fantastic. We had a 2 room unit and we had a great time. The staff were very friendly/helpful. The free breakfast every day was great - such variety. Then free drinks and nibblies each night for 2 hrs. my daughter had her 8th birthday there and the breakfast staff (thank you Cisco) gave her a bundle of balloons and huge slice of cake in the morning. When we got back to the room that night, there were even more balloons and cake and candle and card from the staff at the front desk :)
No charges for parking - this was noted as we were charged at The dana.
The hotel was gorgeous, the Koi in the big pond and waterfall were a great place for photos.
Our shuttle bus drivers - Rey and Stanley were so helpful and friendly - they made our stay :)
Definately stay again :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank tomishy
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Happy belated Birthday to your daughter! I am excited that we made your trip memorable and appreciate your kind recognition of many of our fine team members. They certainly try to pick up on special occasions and do their part to contribute to the festivities.

You are bringing up a good point for photographers. Our atrium is definitely a great spot to take all kinds of artistic pictures.

Alpharetta GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Hotel Anahiem North on 11/07/11 I must say this was one of the best Embassy's ever. The service was amazing I was very impressed with the Front Desk Staff at check in. And every other employee I came in contact with. The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job with cleaning my room. Breakfast in the morning was great. I have been at some hotels where they kind of lack on this, but not here the omlett station was clean and the service was fast. I did have a chance to take in a glass of wine at the managers reception and I was very pleased at the service I recieved there also. I will visit this hotel again in the near future.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Wow, I am deeply humbled by your kind comments. It is very gratifying that our team made such a favorable impression on you. They will be very happy to hear how much their efforts are appreciated.

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feed-back and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

We have tried this hotel and Ayers. This hotel is way better!! Especially with children. My kids loved the fish and water. Breakfast was great. The big open space was perfect for the kids to run around and could still keep an eye on them. Also really liked coming back from disney and ordered some kids meals on the van on way back to hotel, n they are reasonable, so kids could eat n go right to sleep after a long day at the park. The free reception in the evening is great also, you can sit in the atrium n enjoy a free drink n have a nice view and kids can play. The rooms were nice to have seperate spaces for the kids n parents. Plus having a fridge in the room is great for cold drinks to take to park.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jack490
Your story really shows and tells a very typical Disney vacation and how our hotel fits in nicely in the overall trip. Thank you for sharing your experience with your fellow travelers. It will certainly help them to consider our hotel as their perfect Disney base station.

Hope to see you return soon.

Jürgen Oswald
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South
Staybridge Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center
Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North? Share your experiences!