“Great place to rest while visiting Disneyland”

Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites
Ranked #34 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Location was important to us. The hotel is so close to the entrance to Disneyland that it allows us to enjoy every minute of time in the park without any worry about getting back to the hotel after closing. The breakfast helped us to get a good start on the day. Nearby restaurants offer a variety. Hotel staff were friendly, the room was clean, comfortable and quiet. We'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Extremely close to Disneyland entrance. Will stay again, price is right for what you get. Breakfast is minimal, hard boiled eggs, toast, danishes and cereal. Beds are VERY firm, so are pillows. No real blankets, just sheets and a thin blanket on top.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Great location right next to Disneyland. Showers had long lasting hot water. Beds were very uncomfortable but worth it because if the location. Rooms were clean. Their breakfast could use some work. Not enough parking but glad not to have to pay the fee of parking at Disneyland. Staff was helpful

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed there twice now on our trips to Disneyland. This is not a 5 star hotel, it is more of a budget hotel, but great deal for the price and location. It is convenitently right across the street from Disneyland. This comes in handy so you don't need to deal with the shuttles. It's a clean and comfortable place. The parking is a little tight, especially the lower parking area. Employees are always nice and as I said before it is a clean room in a great location. Would definitely recommend staying here. I've been there twice and will return again this year.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Teo H, Front Office Manager at Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Hello KauaiHITraveler,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are happy to hear that our hotel met your expectations and let me know if I can assist you on a future date.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This hotel is in a perfect location to Disney. Rooms are nice, Grounds are nice. only issue was parking. other then that, can't say enough about the hotel and the employees. Always there to help out. A place to stay again

Hi Cormanaz,

Thank you for staying at the Desert Inn while visiting the Disneyland Resort. Our parking lot could get a little busy at times, however we do have our valet staff and they are always happy to assist. Thank you and we'll see you in the near future.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I really like the location right across the street and the room was decent. I wish the room had central air with better air circulation. We had the parlor suite and would fit 6 comfortably. Also the pool area wasn't that great, it's hot and humid in the room, it would be better if it was an outside pool.

• Stayed: March 2014

Hello bdevin6400,

Thank you for your feedback. We are well known for our indoor pool, while some guests don't like the idea of it, most of our return guests have loved the fact that it's indoor and that it is heated. We hope that you'll stay with us again and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

No hotel is perfect and you get what you pay for. This is not a five star hotel and I don't know why people compare it to one. I've been here three times and I'll be back. It's clean overall, the location is awesome and the it serves its purpose. I'm only in here to sleep and shower so that's what matters. It's literally 5 minutes from Disney's entrance. There are a bunch of places to eat within walking distance and theres a roof viewing area to view the fireworks at night.

I've read complaints about unclean towels...never encountered them. In fact, they use a bit more bleach that I like, but the towels are clean. I've never had anything taken from my room from the staff and the maids are very friendly. They always smile and wave when I wish them a good morning. The maids clean the room well and provide a lot of towels as needed.

Yes, this is a bit of a noisy hotel, but GET OVER IT. You're in Disneyland territory. Kids will be running around and yelling for joy. Didn't bother me a bit. I can't fault them for construction. The Denny's next door was renovating and they used a jack hammer at 7 in the morning...my only negative about my stay, but not the hotel's fault.

There were a few negatives...1) They need a change machine on premises. The laundromat uses a lot of quarters and the storage lockers as well. Yes, the front office will give as many as you want, but it's a pain to go to the front for quarters when you run out. 2) The plumbing could be better. The drain in our shower was a bit clogged. We had to turn down our water so that we weren't swimming in a tub. Plus the toilet handle was a bit off and we had to really push down on it to make it flush, but not a big deal. 3) Parking is tight, get back before 8 or else you may not get a stall.

I did not partake in the continental breakfast so i can't comment on it. My family usually goes shopping at the nearby target and stock up on stuff so we don't have to fight the crowds for breakfast.

Overall, I will return and I urge others to give this hotel a shot. My family used to stay at the Californian Hotel, but decided to use the extra money inside of the park instead of on the hotel. Yes, different experience and different category of hotel, but more money for us to spend on gifts and food inside of the theme park.

Room Tip: I don't know if you can ask for a room, but get one away from the pool (rooms 1-5, I believe...
1  Thank J K
Teo H, Front Office Manager at Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Hi J K,

Thank you for trying our hotel and for your feedback. We are definetely not the Grand Californian, but we do provide comfortable accommodations and provide excellent customer service. thank you again and we hope to see you back in the near future.