“I would stay there again”
Review of Hotel Menage

Ranked #61 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Syracuse, New York
“I would stay there again”
Reviewed August 24, 2010

My husband and I stayed at The Menage for 8 nights. The room was very clean-so was the bathroom(this is #1 in my book).The bed was pretty and quite comfortable. The rest of the room was like an average hotel room (Mini-fridges are available. Ask when you arrive).The bathroom was pretty small but fine.
The public areas are nice. The pool/hot tub area is large,and again, very clean. There are plenty of lounge chairs in the sun or shade. And a tiki bar that has a great happy hour. Their on site restaurant is fabulous! Breakfast portions are huge and super fresh, at great prices. Dinner portions are smaller but just as good.
Getting around without a car is easy, if you don't need to go too far. They have a local bus system that is great. It takes you to Disney, Target, The Convention Center, various restaurants and just about anywhere. Ask for info at the front desk. If you want to go to the beach,however, you'll have to rent a car. It is about a half-hour drive.
Don't be alarmed when you hear the loud noises at 9:30 pm. Disney sets off fireworks during the summer and from inside your room, they're pretty loud. Go outside and watch them.
Overall, it's a good place to stay. The staff is great, and it's nice and clean!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
hotelmenageAnaheim, Owner at Hotel Menage, responded to this review, October 22, 2010
The fireworks are quite loud from Disneyland, however they are seasonal and people do enjoy the view from the pool area. Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. We appreciate your thoughts and I know our team will be glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon in the Anaheim Area.

Hotel Menage.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 23, 2010

My daughter and I stayed 4 nights and 5 days on our Disneyland vacation. Looks like they shot the view of the room with a long angle lens for the website. I thought my room would be larger. Everything was sort of cramped together. The chair needed to be repaired and the coffepot needed a serious cleaning. The beds were nicely decorated and the flat screen tv was great. Other than that, it was average. At first, I was really disappointed but my daughter made me realize it was a nice, comfortable room.

I was concerned about the noise from the freeway after reading other reviews. The other reviews were right. Our room was right on Harbor and Ball. You could hear cars all night long. Thankfully, my daughter is deaf (she really is deaf) and I am a solid sleeper. When I did wake up some nights around 5 am, I could not get back to sleep. So I went down to the lobby and read a book or watched tv.

The food in the restaurant was extremely good and reasonable. We opted out of walking to the theme park. Instead we got an all day bus pass and were able to leave, go back to the hotel, rest, swim and go back to the park. That was nice because we had been walking around the parks for 10+ hours and were very tired.

The staff was friendly and helpful. We asked for a frig and it was delivered the same night. Also, when I requested another towel, it was promptly delivered. Overall, I liked the hotel and I would stay there again. Oh, the pool and hot tub area was great! I could have spent my whole vacation out there. There was so much activity. And you could see the fireworks from Disneyland at poolside. 9:25pm.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ConqueringFears
Thank you for taking the time to write the review. I'm sorry about the coffee pot and the chair, I've personally addressed it with our Housekeeping Team. I do hope you'll be back to join us again soon and thank you for your business...

Central Coast
Reviewed August 22, 2010

So I've stayed at Hotel Menage before and thought 2 years later, being back this way I'd stay again after my previous stay.

This time however, we planned on staying a fortnight rather than the shorter stay last time.

So, I'm here right now, halfway through my stay, and had to share my experiences so far.

Things didn't start off so good, my partner is extremely fussy about what she wants in a hotel/motel, etc. So we checked in, and immediately, she didn't look happy. She didn't feel the vibe in the room, I asked what it was and she couldn't pin point it.

Needless to say, I wandered downstairs and had to wait to speak to someone at the desk (they were very busy) when I finally was about to talk to someone they were confused as to what it maybe, and it occurred that the room they had given us, was an accessable room, that didn't feature the mirror on the backwall, however was much larger than others.

The staff were so quick to fix this up with NO fuss, and apologised about twenty times, to which I had to tell them it was ok, as the room they had checked us in was clean, large and lovely, just lacked the flair of the others.

We then checked into a room on the 5th floor, freeway side.
I'd been here before so I knew the noise from the freeway was there, however, once inside the room, the door is thick enough to block out a lot of the noise, and as many others have said, if you put the AC on fan, you don't notice it.

The new room was brilliant, exactly as we remembered, infact it was better. The last time we stayed the bathroom did smell a bit of fresh paint, this time it didn't.

So things were smooth....

The following day, our toilet overflowed (thankfully all the bad stuff had already gone down the gurgler). My partner ran out of the bathroom so quickly.

I ran downstairs and spoke to the front desk, who were LIGHTNING fast to get someone up to the room, someone was already in my room before I had even returned, along with a maid to clean up there was also a maintenance person. No more dramas thus far :)

The other new feature to the room was WIFI. FREE WIFI. It is fast, painless to join, and the login couldn't be simpler.

We had 1 drama where we couldnt connect very late at night. I rang the desk and asked if there had been a problem, and was told they would reset it immediately and to call back if more problems.

No more than a few minutes later...internet.

I am so pleased with the service in this hotel, i just had to get online now and share my thoughts of this place.

Everyone that works here is fantastic. I even had a small altercation with another guest staying at the hotel, and had a manager come and ensure everything was fine, and apologise to me! He didn't have to do that, and I was so impressed he took the time to ensure everything was fine.

Sure, the hotel / motel is not perfect for everyone. I am 27 and still enjoy a bit of an atmosphere, Menage definately delivers that to me. Sure, the pool is 24 hours, it might annoy some, and sure, not everything is perfect with the rooms, but above all, I have never been treated anywhere near as good by the staff than at the Menage, I thank each and every single one of them for amazing customer service, and the management of this establishment should be proud. From front desk staff, through to the maids and maintenance, everyone is polite and always offers a smile.

Thankyou again Menage for making me feel welcomed, I feel more welcomed by your venue than I have at any other hotel. And look forward to the rest of my stay!

Well done!
Oh and a short walk to Disney to boot!

Oh and a final note, the Kya restuarant was expensive last time I stayed here. The new street fare menu is awesome, and the servings while not huge, are great. I am always full after 2 options, costs me around $12 including my drink. Great!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
First and foremost, thanks for your continued business, we appreciate every single guest. Our team works hard at service, we may lack certain things for a full service hotel, but as you noted, once in the room it's quite cozy. Thanks for taking the time, during your stay, to commend the team. I know they will be happy to hear about your experiences. k'ya, our restaurant, is quite nice, the value for price paid is what we strived to do, so again, we are very pleased you experienced what we created. Thank you again for all your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Went to Anaheim to see Bad Brains at the House of Blues and decided to make a short overnight trip of it. Hotel Menage was the perfect place to do that -- the service, the room and the amenities were all fantastic and a great value.

The hotel interior is beautiful, with a great restaurant (K'ya) and bar right off the lobby, a lounge/computer room (w/red velvet curtains) to the right of the front desk and a view of the palapa bar and pool area. Like others have mentioned, the pool area is awesome! Plenty of lounge chairs and circular wicker sofas (big enough for two or even three if you're small), plus a covered area with seating, towels and restrooms. Though we didn't use it at night, the pool and jacuzzi are opened 24 hours. The palapa bar is opened 'til about 2AM and the bartenders are super friendly.

You can order food from K'ya and eat it around the pool area. The menu is fantastic, with foods from around the world, and cheap ($5-10). We were there for happy hour, which is an incredible deal. There's also a room service breakfast menu that is also well-priced and delicious.

The hotel has a shuttle service that goes to Downtown Disney for $4/person. We used a cab instead (very affordable), and the front desk arranged it for us.

Our room was also great! We got a room with a king & double bed at a FANTASTIC rate, especially for the area. Comes with a huge flat screen TV and extra towels (nice touch). Since the hotel is right next to the freeway, you can hear it when you're outside the room, but it wasn't a problem AT ALL once inside or even while at the pool.

We live in L.A. and have plenty of cool hotels with plenty of pretense. Like I said in my title, Hotel Menage is cool without being "cool." We definitely plan to go back to Menage and stay even longer!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you, thank you, thank you. We are a no attitude establishment and we work hard to provide excellent customer service. We strive on ensuring quality for price paid, as well as value and your experience proved that we succeeded. Thank you for your review and thank you for the future business to our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

San Leandro, California
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Drove six hours to get to Anaheim for a vacation with my daughter before she returned to school.Booked the hotel thru hotwire so wasnt sure what to expect.Was pleasantly surprised when I got to the Hotel.Walking distance to Disneyland,24 hour pool and hottub,happy hour half off drinks and appitizers from 4-7,nicely set up pool area with large round lounge chairs, extremely courtious staff,nice location even though close to the freeways the disney fireworks show was right overhead.The restaurant on site has food from all over the world and was priced surpriseingly low. All in all my daughter and I had a great time at the Hotel Menage and would like to stay there whenever we return to Anaheim.Thanks Hotel Menage.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
I'm so glad we were worth the 6 hours to get here. I am also very glad to hear of your experience with our hotel. In addition, our restaurant is very value oriented and offers a wide range of themed food. We pride ourselves on value for price paid and excellent customer service, so it's always exciting to hear our guests experiencing what we work so hard to accomplish. Thank you for your review, but most importantly thank you for your business. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed August 19, 2010

It was 4th of July weekend and my partner and I were bummed we were stuck in LA.

We decided we wanted lots of pool time, drinks and amazing fireworks. Disneyland offers the best fireworks show but we had no intention of actually going into the park. Some of the reviews of the Disneyland hotel pools had us nervous since some travelers recounted times when the pool was shut down, due to a child using it as their personal potty.

Hotel Menage fit us perfectly! It's a cute refurbed hotel with a pool that is heated and open 24 hours. Sure it's not the Mirage in Las Vegas but its definitely worth the price! We had a AAA discount...although I don't recall the rate at the time, it was worth the value. Yes, parking is extra each day but they are very up front with that.

The service all the way through was top notch: from booking, to checking in, etc! The valet is a couple extra bucks but we felt it was worth it.

One great feature has to be the HAPPY HOUR!! The food is really yummy! By the pool we got two orders of tacos and garlic fries for around $5!! The restaurant really surprised us too! K'ya boasts cuisine that is found in "street faire." I really liked the salmon a lot. The breakfasts were hearty and not too pricey either.

The BEST feature is the view of the fireworks!! We stood outside our room (although we could've stayed inside) and saw an unforgettable fireworks display! Sure beats sitting in front of the castle forever waiting for them to start. During the day we could see the top of the Materhorn. :)

Yes the hotel is RIGHT next to the freeway. Yes, you can hear it when you're outside your room. However, at night we turned on the A/C and it was a non-issue. Growing up in San Franciso and living in Los Angeles has me immune to noise pollution. However, I could see how it might bother some. While at the pool you don't notice it all. Also, the pool has great chaises to lounge in and huge round wicker "beds" (for lack of a better word). We lucked out and grabbed the biggest one and had "prime property" all day.

I'm not sure how long the walk is to the park from the hotel but I did see a shuttle dropping off park guests in the evening. I think this hotel is a great alternative if you don't want to be me submerged in all things Mickey (including Mickey prices) for your entire stay.

It seems to be a great place for young families and for young people.

My partner and I aren't too high maintenance but we are VERY picky with the places we like to stay. We haven't stopped gushing about this place to our friends and will absolutely be back!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words. We are all that you say and more. We do provide the city shuttle service to and from Disneyland and it is quite convenient. Your detailed remarks will truly make others visit our hotel and it is greatly appreciated. Please keep telling your friends and family about us and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for your business and continued patronage.

Reviewed August 18, 2010

Ok, so I have just returned from 5 nights at the Menage- let's just say that it was so bad that upon arrival my bf and I trawled other hotels looking for a room at Disney, to find they were fully booked.
Where to start- whilst the hotel looks modern and clean on the website and at first appearance- it really is not! A flat screen TV on the wall doesn't suddenly make this a good hotel, correction- motel.
First room- second floor- above the bar and noisy! Would have dealt with this but after sitting on the bed I got badly bitten! Change of room -only one available 502, top floor, right next to the freeway, which is as busy as the M25. Really. Disney firework noise not an issue as we were the park to watch them- freeway, whole new ballgame! First night- no sleep at all- in the end we tried to sleep with the TV and air con on to drown out the noise! In the morning bf rang down to complain- again, no apology- told we would have to wait until 3pm. Which we did, moved to 3rd floor- toilet didn't flush properly. Guy above us drilling. Water turned off for maintainance at 1am- we had returned from a concert at the Hollywood Bowl- again had to tell the front desk, so that I could brush my teeth before bed! Crazy. Bathroom so tiny you can just about close the door. Bath and tiles painted with paint coming off...Walls in room dirty, again Walls are not even plastered....I could go on, it's just awful! Pool was nice, but again freeway noise so bad we just stayed out of the hotel.
Also, the hotel seemed kinda seedy-my friend met us at the hotel- she has a 2 year old and 5 year old, and we were not comfortable walking them to the elevator via the bar as it was like some sort of singles hot spot.
I never complain, and Ive travelled a lot and stayed at a lot of places. If you are going for Disney there are plenty of closer quieter motels and hotels- look for Manchester Av area.
Only decent staff were the bellhop guys- genuine and friendly. Front desk were frankly, useless! First time ever I have been glad to get a flight home because we couldn't take another night of the Menage!

• Stayed July 2010
I don't know where to begin. Most of our guests find our hotel the best in town, but it's really unfortunate about your visit with us. I am truly sorry about your experience.