Hotel Menage
Ranked #62 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed June 9, 2010

We booked the Menage for the last three nights of our three week USA vacation and wished we had stayed longer, it has a fun relaxed atmosphere. Upon arrival we were checked in by Laura who was there to answer my many questions with a smile during our stay...

Food is excellent with a large range of street fare and very well priced. We enjoyed meals in the restaurant, bar and pool bar, this did help me relax as there was no need to leave the hotel in search of meals. Not only were the meals great but also the service which was excellent.

Each afternoon we relaxed around the pool bar which is very popular. The main bar inside is also a great place for a drink.

The advice we received from the front desk regarding Disneyland was invaluable, I just can't for the life of me remember the guys name who helped us out, but thank you so much! We purchased our Disneyland tickets and also our bus tickets direct from Menage. The bus is right at the door and runs continually. The Menage can also help with our tours such as Universal.

When arriving back to the hotel at any time the Valets are there holding the door open with a welcoming smile to greet all guests

I had read some negative reviews regarding the traffic noise, so I wrote to the Menage before we arrived asking for a quiet room. I received a prompt reply from Ashley who is wonderful and always replies promptly to all requests. There is some road noise and this can be heard when outside but not when you close the door to your room. My husband said just imagine you are next to the beach and it is rolling surf that you can hear. It is not at all bad and I found I didn't notice it when we were at the pool bar.

After staying in hotels for extended periods we were very pleased to find that the Menage has a laundry! Was the first hotel we had found with a laundry for our entire three weeks. I would suggest though that you bring your own detergent as the one that you purchase from the front desk is not so good and leaves marks on the clothing.

We requested that each of our rooms have a fridge and these were delivered very quickly with no extra charge. There is a business centre and also internet access available free of charge in the rooms. Although while the connection was good in our kids room ours didn't work. We were offered a different room but declined as were were comfortable and could work in the lobby of the hotel.

The beds were wonderful and the pillows fantastic. We had previously stayed at the Hollywood Roosevelt and the room decor is very similar in both hotels, a little bit rock and roll. Each of our rooms had different bathrooms but both were equipped with hand held showers which we loved.

We loved the Menage so much that we've decided to return next year for a longer stay. Thank you to all the wonderful staff at Hotel Menage for making our stay the best of our entire vacation.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
hotelmenageAnaheim, Owner at Hotel Menage, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2010

Thank you for bringing your family to experience Hotel Menage. I know Laura, Ashley and the valets will be very happy to hear you named them specifically. I am so glad you enjoyed every experience, from the beds to the food to us meeting your requests. The team works hard to ensure all aspects of every visit exceeds our guests expectations, it's really nice to read your comments. Thank you again for your review, but most importantly thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you next year, hopefully sooner....

Hotel Menage.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,073)

Reviewed June 8, 2010

We spent a dreamy 24 hours at Menage in Annaheim! It was a quick getaway and I discovered this gem of a hotel that is close to Disneyland but a haven for any adults who wants a real hotel in the area....the vibe is cool and relaxed, music fills the lobby and pool area and makes you feel so relaxed. My girlfriend and I love this place...happy hour at the bar is plentiful and cheap ( $2 drinks!). Food at K'ya restaurant is awesome...the Poco Loco is tingly good! Service is awesome. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your great review! We are glad you had a chance to get away for 24 hours and more importantly that you chose us to spend that time with. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon...

Reviewed June 2, 2010

Make no mistake - Hotel Menage is a motel - and a somewhat dodgy motel at that. It has a fairly nice lobby - modern and inviting - but the rooms are VERY noisy - and the bathroom looks straight out of 1978. The price made it ok for one night but I wouldn't stay there if you're planning for 2 or more nights.

1  Thank lmh123ca
hotelmenageAnaheim, Owner at Hotel Menage, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2010

I'm sorry that you felt we fell short of your expectations. Our value for price paid and our service is what we hope everyone experiences.

Reviewed June 1, 2010

Our travel agent booked this promising it would be a great place for the family to stay at for our Disney leg of the trip. It was okay, but nothing special.
The room was nice, except watch out for the ends of the beds - they caused quite a few leg bruises whenever they were walked into.
The biggest problem with this hotel is that it sits on a block that is surrounded by freeways that are busy 24 hours a day. Outside the room it was louder than an airport. At night we left the room's fan running to drown out the noises and this helped us sleep.
The location is a good ten minute walk to the Disneyland gates, but there are hotels closer and these don't require you to walk across on and off ramps to the freeways. Having said that, there are pedestrian ligts on all of these.
If I could do it over, I would find a closer hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank travlerNewcastle

I'm sorry to hear that you would not give us another opportunity. We are close to some major intersections, which do add value to the proximity to the park, but also the fireworks that spray over our pool deck. We do hope you'll give us another opportunity to service you in the near future.

Reviewed May 30, 2010

From the minute we drove up to valet before check-in to the minute we walked out after check-out we were amazed & dazzled with this hotel!! Each time we walked in hotel we felt like we were in another world,with the fun festive vibe at the Pool Bar, to the relaxing Lounge area with ambiant lighting,candles and weekend piano music. The wonderful options of food and great music playing throughout public areas...You may not want to leave hotel!! Food was AMAZING and cheap, very fresh and tasty. This hotel has the BEST HAPPY HOUR!!! even on weekends!! Food prices 1/2 off regular prices,we were so amazed at the happy hour prices!! Believe me you will be too. Service was excellent, everyone had smiles and was very attentive. It was also nice to see the manager so involved;(sorry, don't remeber his name) we travel quite a bit and have not seen this dedication at other hotels. Tiffany from the front desk was so nice to give us a tour of the event rooms; I had mentioned they looked cool on the website photos and she offered to show us,she made us feel very welcome. The 24 hour pool/spa is great,and the fireworks were absolutely AWESOME from the pool area or many of the rooms have veiws as well. The freeway noise is noticable, but will not keep you from sleeping or keep you from having a wonderful experience at this hotel. I read this info about hotel before booking and was worried since I'm such a light sleeper, but it did not bother me at all. We will be back and can't wait!! Do yourself a favor and book this hotel, it's a great value for all the unique amenities and great service!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your glowing review. We pride ourselves on value, service, and overall guest satisfaction, so it's very pleasing to hear of your experiences. I will make sure that both managers are told of your kind words. Thank you for the time to write the review but most importantly thank you for your business. We look forward to seeing you again soon...

Reviewed May 27, 2010

I booked a room at this hotel as a surprise anniversary present. I reserved the King Loft room, but they accidentally moved us to a standard room. When I let the staff know and asked if there was a loft available, the very helpful woman at the front desk said she would upgrade us for the inconvenience. Boy did she upgrade us! She gave us the suite and it was HUGE! Easily the size of 2 rooms. Big lounge area, several TVs, walk-in shower, wet bar, robes, slipper, the WORKS. Also, you can order room service from the hotel restaurant at the same prices- super cheap. We had french fries, bread pudding, and a few cocktails sent to the room and I think we spent about $20. The room was only about $80. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
hotelmenageAnaheim, Owner at Hotel Menage, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2010

Thank you for your kind words. I know the team loves reading reviews like yours. We appreciate you taking the time to write, but most importantly we appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2010

I just got back from a long weekend getaway to Disneyland with my two teen age daughters. We traveled with my sister, her husband and their two teenage children and stayed at the Hotel Menage. We loved the Hotel. It was in walking distance to Disney Land, which was perfect. The service was superb from checking in, to the meals at the restaurant, to the very comfortable beds. The staff were all very friendly and went over and above to make sure that we were all taken care of. We enjoyed two meals in the restaurant and they were both reasonably priced and we were surprised and pleased with the very wide selection to choose from. We didn't spend a lot of time in the Hotel, as we were up and gone by 9:00 am and did not return untill 11:00 pm, but I would definately come back, infact we are all planning our trip for next year.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. Thank you for your business, and we look forward to seeing you again. We pride ourselves on our value and service, and I'm extremely happy that you and your family experienced both. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Menage soon.