“Family Friendly Hotel”

Ranked #57 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Sydney, Australia
“Family Friendly Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

A 15 min walk to Disneyland , Hotel Menage provided a perfect platform to enjoy our LA experience. From the local attractions to the glitz of Hollywood the friendly staff booked tours and arranged transfers. Spacious and clean rooms and restaurant downstairs to enjoy. The kids enjoyed the pool whilst the adults enjoyed the bar.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank John R
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Menage, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear John R,

Thank you for the review! We are happy to know you enjoyed yourself while we had you as our Guest.
We look forward to your next stay and thank you for choosing Hotel Ménage!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. All of the staff were extremely friendly, facility was very clean and well maintained. The pool area was great. Our only concern about this is that smoking was allowed in the bar area and there were also people smoking in the pool area. Our room overlooked the pool and sometimes the smell of smoke would come through our air conditioner. We loved the fact that we could stand out side our room or in the pool area and watch the fireworks from Disneyland. The beds in our room were a bit uncomfortable but overall were still able to sleep. We had no problem with noise and found our room quiet and restful after a long day. We stayed for 8 nights and would definitely return. Also, we ate at the restaurant in the hotel and it was really a great meal every time. Our kids can't wait to return and really didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the pool area will allow you to see the fireworks from Disneyland. We had no iss...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank AlbertaJanelle
Dear AlbertaJanelle,
We truly love our Canadian Guests! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with your recent stay.
We are sorry to learn of the disruption in your stay but a thrilled to know you had an opportunity to enjoy the nightly Disneyland Fireworks!.

We hope to have you as our guest in the near future.
atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

To begin, I did a tremendous amount of research prior to my choosing this hotel. For the price and amenities offered, I am a little bit perplexed at some of the complaints I've read. I chose the Menage for it's location to Disney, the good reviews on the Tavern restaurant, employees attitude, cleanliness, pool and other facilities.

Upon our arrival 07/13, the outside of the hotel looks very nice and modern, comparatively speaking to other hotels in the immediate vicinity. The bellboys/valet were very welcoming. Front desk was also very welcoming. It was my wife, 6 yoa daughter and I. They honored my room request for a pool view so that we could face the every evening 9:30 pm fireworks. As for the freeway noise, there is no escaping it. I knew this when booking. Light sleepers like myself, get some earplugs. Just know that there is always going to be freeway noise at the Menage. Our room (409) turned out to be fine. It was somewhat modern, with a king bed. I thought there would be a pullout couch as described on their website but that wasn't to be. Still wondering about that but we made it work. Bathroom was ok but bare and still shows signs of old hotel.

The pool and hot tub was perfect for us. Open 24 hours is nice. Palm trees, waterfalls, modern tables and chairs, lush landscaping are some nice touches. Their palapa bar that serves drinks and food was also an added plus that you want find at more expensive places surrounding Disney. My one complaint about the pool area is that the Menage needs to maintain people leaving towels on the chairs when they leave. Plates, cups and other items also being left around can easily be corrected. We ate their restaurant food daily. Everything from happy hour appetizers to lunch and dinner was "pretty good". They need to update their website menu as some prices and menu options have changed. I also suggest they use silverware rather than cheep plastic and paper napkins around the palapa/pool. It is a different tier that they are trying to achieve. This would be an easy fix.

The walk to Disneyland as mentioned is easy. (10-15 minutes) I do strongly recommend using ART as walking around the parks all day may wear you out and walking back wont be pleasant. Also previous reviews mentioned their free wifi. It is very slow but be a little patient and it'll be fine. At least it is free unlike some hotels charging for it. They do charge $10 a day for parking. This is just a revenue generator as the majority of the hotels in the area do the same.

In conclusion, we are currently staying here as I am completing this review. If you are considering staying at the Menage, and can deal with freeway noise, this hotel is better than acceptable. It is cheaper than most hotels around Disney complex, has just as many amenities or more, has more eye appeal, and is very convenient to everything. I would definitely choose the Menage if I were to come back to Anaheim. Feel free to ask me any questions about this place or others.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool have an excellent view of the fireworks. There will be no room that escapes t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank mikec
Dear mikec,

We truly are appreciative of the feedback you shared with Hotel Ménage regarding your recent stay.
Our proximity to Disneyland and to the Anaheim Resort area make us a convenient choice when visiting Disneyland.
We are sorry to learn you overall experience was not completely satisfactory but are thrilled to know you have a chance to enjoy our Palapa Bar, our 24 hour pool and the convince of the ART shuttle.

We thank you for sharing and hope to have you as our guest in the near future.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stayed 5 days in June 2014.
The front desk staffs were just "OK" friendly. It would be nice if they put some smile on their faces. Even the room service ladies have more friendly smile then the lobby staffs.
This hotel emphasized their "boutique hotel" style but I would say they're just trying their best to renovate a crappy motel. Everywhere from lobby to room to hallway showing their aging and worn out. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I personally just don't like the "low ceiling" of the room. The A/C wasn't cool enough and it was noisy. All the room are facing highway but once I close the door I don't hear anything from the traffic. The beautiful 24hrs pool was a bonus. I spent couple nights there watching the firework from Disneyland.
Their free wifi was TERRIBLE.... it never work in the room. I went downstair and talked to the front desk and they were able to "boost it up" by searching my devises, but just for that one night. Even I was in the lobby and the bar the wifi was very slow like dial-up. For traveler like me from other country means I don't have data plan from local carrier, and I don't want to pay the roaming fee of course. It would be nice if they offer pay wifi as an option so that I wouldn't be stuck there for 4 nights with no in-room internet. The elevator wasn't working two times during my stay. I paid around $130/night and I think the pool is the best value.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank muimui77
Dear muimui77,

Thank you for your review and sharing areas of improvement; we strive to ensure that correct any issues promptly and efficiently and we are sorry to know that wasn’t the case with your stay. Hotel Ménage is working diligently to improve Wi-Fi connections and ensure a satisfactory result.
Please know the areas you shared that were not satisfactory will be immediately responded to and remedied. Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please feel free to contact me at davidg@casaresortsinc.com.

We thank you for choosing to stay with us for the 5 day trip in June and hope you would consider returning.
White Rock, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Menage was presented to us at a great price, and given the amenities offered it was a great choice for our brief Disneyland leg of our LA trip. The staff were among the friendliest we've ever had the pleasure of encountering at any hotel we've stayed at in the past ranging from small inns to five-star hotels. The hotel itself has a slightly exotic, rustic vibe as soon as you walk into the door, and while the Menage isn't the newest hotel around the area by any means, the rooms are very modern and clean, and the hotel has aged well, for lack of a better term.

First impressions were that the top floor room facing the freeway we stayed in had poor sound deadening in the door, almost as if it wasn't closing entirely and while the noise from the freeway wasn't annoying or unbearable in any sense, it was definitely audible.

There were a couple unnerving small blood stains at the very tip of our king bed which was covered under several layers of bedding. We didn't think much of it as we were exhausted by the time we were back in our room, but most certainly something of importance to note. Usually we would've reported it immediately and filed a complaint, but given the circumstances we simply decided it'd be too much of a hassle.

The pool was nice and clean, 24hr with hot tub.

The hotel is listed as having hi-speed internet, but we had extreme difficulties getting connected to the WiFi network on both our laptops and our phones, more than half the time we couldn't even get to the log-in connection page! I'm unsure if this was simply a location issue with our room giving us a poor signal, but this was a bummer and we ended up having to tether our laptops off our phones.

Overall, a very friendly and clean option for those seeking to stay close to Disneyland.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the freeway are quieter, but they do give you an excellent view of the Disney...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ACKaoss,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with you and are happy to know you had an overall pleasant experience; we take the highest standards in ensuring our guest room cleanliness and apologize you encounter a shortfall. Please know we will address and correct immediately.
We are working diligently to improve our Wi-Fi connection and during high occupancy, there can be limited times of slower connectivity.

We are pleased to know the Service Team you encountered were helpful and courteous and we will share your feedback with the team. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

This is not the first time we have stayed at Hotel Menage. My family and I live about 30mim away from home. We decided to stay to come here to spend some quiet family alone time, and there is no regret. I know some people states there was noise but our room was located in a area that we heard no noise. We were located close to the pool and close to the lobby.
Our room was very nice and clean. We had the hotel van drop us off at Downtown Disney (by the way he was very friendly) and took a cab home. The pool is another reason we've returned the view for the Disney firework show is amazing. The drinks at American Tavern were delicious. We are planning to return for the holidays. Thank you for having great staff members. We had an issue with our AC and they immediately send maint to fix it, that was a plus for us.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank cookies217
Dear cookies217,
Thank you for your 5 star review! We are truly happy to have had you as our guest and appreciate the positive feedback!

We truly value our returning guests and understand that have many options when visiting Disneyland.

Thanks for recognizing our clean, comfortable rooms and our Palapa Bar drinks. We look forward to having you as our guest again!
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

The reason we booked the ménage was because of the reasonable price. We had been tempted to book it the year before but changed our minds due to bad reviews.

This year we kept the reservation. We arrived after being awake for 30 hours after long flights and getting lost from LAX to Anaheim but we arrived in one piece, desperate for a good sleep!! First impressions weren't great, it definitely is like a motel and the parking setup isn't ideal. We were given a room beside the freeway which was definitely loud and could be heard even with the door closed.

However, this place had a lot of positives though. Huge comfortable bed in by modern looking room. Staff were very nice and helpful. The bar had a happy hour as well which we never went to but looked very reasonable. Similarly the pool area looked lovely and had we been there for more days we would have have used it. Due to it being a disney hotel the pool was empty most days as everyone was off in disney. Over all I'm not sure if I'd definitely stay again but if the price was right and I needed to be in the area I wouldn't say no either.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Menage, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear CM218,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you as our guest during your recent trip to Anaheim. We happy to know we met your expectations and would consider stay with us again. We are constantly making improvements to our Hotel with regards to our rooms, and public spaces and we hope you would try us out again.

Thank you for your feedback and review and we look forward to seeing you again.