“my stay”

Ranked #57 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Anaheim, California
“my stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

When first arrived it is a beautiful Hotel. Foyer large and inviting went to check in with a very friendly staff member but to be advised room wouldn't be ready for another 1-2 hours which is a bummer as I have a disability and needed to lay down staff member kept apologising but there was nothing that she could do.
When checking in I advised them that I didn't have a credit card and was willing to leave money as a deposit which was fine but I was taken aback for the amount they asked for me to leave .
Finally got into my room which was nice as it was on the ground floor not far from the room. I walked into the room I was surprised at the size of the bed as I have a disability with my legs I have been finding it hard to get my legs onto the bed.
The hotel is nice and close to Disneyland but you do have an option of either walking or taking the shuttle down.
One thing they don't tell you is if you want to have room service you need to check in with a credit card. the other meals are great and value for money. If you ask me if I would stay here again the answer would be NO

Room Tip: make sure to let the staff know that you may have a problem with walking or afraid of heights and th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
Elko, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

The lobby is wonderful. It is very clean & inviting. Looks very clean & modern. The room could have been cleaner! The bathtub was in bad shape. Very chipped and found gross hairs! The walls need to be wiped down and the rooms need a face lift. The beds sit in a wood box that we were all constantly hitting our shins on. I am giving this a 3 because for the price & the view. We watched the fire works from Disney land all 4 days of our stay except for one because we actually were in the DL park. The hotel charges $10 per day to park your own car & $12 per day to have a valet park it. So add that to your bill. If you are not overly picky about cleanliness then you might look elsewhere. It was except able being as we didnt spend much time in room. Its about a 15 min walk to the DL park.

1 Thank Brelove
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed her for 5 nights in December. Nice place, helpful staff. Rooms clean and well appointed. Close enough to walk to Disneyland, but also has a shuttle stop at hotel entrance. Would definitely stay her again and would recommend highly. A bit noisy when fireworks go off at night, but you can see them from the hotel so that's nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Once we checked in we went to our room and just our luck the battery from the lock had just given out so our keys weren't working. I went to the front desk so I can get some assistance. The staff took care of me right away. They got a maintenance worker to change the battery in a timely manner. The overall stay was great with comfortable beds and plenty of pillows. I would highly recommend this hotel for their outstanding customer care and a great value to stay since Disneyland is really close by that you can take a shuttle to get to it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank superdave247
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Menage, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay! Your compliments to our front desk and maintenance staff have been passed along and are greatly appreciated. We are happy to know your stay was enjoyable, and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again.
Warm Regards,
Charlotte
Monterey County, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

A beautful and clean place to stay. Stayed in room with a king bed and sofa bed. The sofa bed wasnt too bad. The rooms are very nice and comfortable.
24 hour pool and the fireworks are spectacular from the hotel.

I found that booking early in the morning, I was able to find the lowest rates.

I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Book early in the morning. I found a rate of $ 107.00 per night with my AAA discount.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had 2 nights here, the rooms are large and clean, even if our room safe was broken. It is only a 10 minute walk to Disneyland or the shuttle bus comes every 15 minutes or so. At 9pm, when the fireworks explode, the view is probably as the hotel says - the best view, it was fantastic. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful, nothing was too much trouble, they held our bags and car the day we left, which was late and one of the girls at reception came to assist us as the concierge was very busy and siad we had waited too long. The food we had there was good and one of the best buffet breakfasts we had on our trip, everthing was hot. I would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: There are 5 levels, we were on 4, facing busy South harbour Blvd. Our room was quiet but if you ope...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so glad to know you enjoyed your recent stay, and that you had the opportunity to watch the fireworks from our property - the view is indeed fantastic!
Your compliments to our friendly staff have been passed along and are very much appreciated.
Thank you for posting your review!
Charlotte, Guest Services
Lynnwood, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Let me start this off by stating that I stayed at this hotel about 3 years ago when my wife and I brought our two kids down to Disneyland. Back then about the only issue I had with the place was that the bathrooms had no ventilation and you could tell that they were constantly painting the walls to keep the mildew look to a minimum. Other than that we like our experience.

Recently I booked a Memorial Day trip for the family and thought it might be worth returning to the Menage. First impression was good. The parking attendants were very helpful and friendly. The young man who greeted us at the front desk and checked us in was fantastic. I'm afraid it was a slow decent downhill from there.

The Menage is a hotel surrounded by a noisy intersection and a freeway, so noise is what you get a lot of at this place. They try to cover it up with loud music by the pool and outside bar, but the loud rush of traffic is always there. Kind of a constant white noise. If you're a light sleeper I would highly suggest NOT taking a room facing the pool area. The pool is always open and live and piped-in music is playing late into the night until the bar closes down.

ROOM:
Our room was 514 which is on the top floor facing East, so we got the least amount of traffic noise. It was a "Superior two queen" room. Decent enough, but the carpet felt slightly unclean. It had that movie theater feel to it, like a lot of things have been spilled over time and never fully cleaned out. The bathroom still had no ventilation but they had recently tiled the shower/tub area and for the most part it looked clean. The downside was that the shower head leaked (got maint. to fix while we were out). After a family of four showers the walls are basically dripping wet, so you leave the door open to air out which I think adds to the slight musty smell you get when you enter the room.

Worst night sleep was when someone's car in the parking lot had its alarm go off about 5 or 6 times from about 1am - 3 am. Good times.

POOL:
The pool size is decent and the hot tub (sauna) is nice too. We had horrible service when anywhere other than at the bar when it came time to order food or drinks. Basically you get the best service when you're ordering yourself and not through the wait staff. Honestly it seemed like the wait staff had never been trained. This one woman came out to the pool and took an order from a couple of people and then headed back to the bar. Then moments later came back out and asked the customer they just helped a question... And then head back to the bar. She literally did one or two people at a time and would got back to the bar. It became a joke between my wife and I as to when she would even make it over to the other side of the pool where we and others were. This didn't change the whole time we were there.

The pool area is not very well kept up. People come and go and none of the staff seem to clean up much. I was constantly finding broken cup shards around the seating area and even on the bottom of the pool when I accidentally stepped on it. Half full ash trays and drinks left long ago by patrons just sat there forever.

FOOD:
Don't bother. If you're starving, then by all means, go for it. If you like good food, I would look elsewhere. While we were there we tried 5 different appetizer dishes by the outside bar and pool area. They were OK at best. We got desperate one morning and I actually made the decision to take the family down for breakfast. How hard is it to screw up a meal like breakfast, I thought. Well apparently it's not too hard. The scrambled eggs were very wet and the pancakes had hard spots on some of the sides (I thought maybe they were microwaved). Once again we were just not impressed. For the price, the food isn't worth it.

There were many other little things that turned me off about this hotel that I won't list but they all add up. And for me, that means we won't be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Honestly I don't think there is a good room in this place. They are all surrounded by lots of no...
2 Thank Kvichak1
I appreciate you posting your review and feedback. I'm so sorry to hear that your return stay was so disappointing. We have noted all of the points you made regarding service and cleanliness and will be holding an intense re-training session with our pool staff and housekeeping department. Guest feedback is very important, as it helps us to identify areas we may fall short.
Thank you again for your candid comments.
Warm Regards,