“Great for Disneyland”

Four Points by Sheraton Anaheim
Ranked #63 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had 2 nights here, the rooms are large and clean, even if our room safe was broken. It is only a 10 minute walk to Disneyland or the shuttle bus comes every 15 minutes or so. At 9pm, when the fireworks explode, the view is probably as the hotel says - the best view, it was fantastic. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful, nothing was too much trouble, they held our bags and car the day we left, which was late and one of the girls at reception came to assist us as the concierge was very busy and siad we had waited too long. The food we had there was good and one of the best buffet breakfasts we had on our trip, everthing was hot. I would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: There are 5 levels, we were on 4, facing busy South harbour Blvd. Our room was quiet but if you ope...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

We are so glad to know you enjoyed your recent stay, and that you had the opportunity to watch the fireworks from our property - the view is indeed fantastic!
Your compliments to our friendly staff have been passed along and are very much appreciated.
Thank you for posting your review!
Charlotte, Guest Services

Write a ReviewReviews (2,083)

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Let me start this off by stating that I stayed at this hotel about 3 years ago when my wife and I brought our two kids down to Disneyland. Back then about the only issue I had with the place was that the bathrooms had no ventilation and you could tell that they were constantly painting the walls to keep the mildew look to a minimum. Other than that we like our experience.

Recently I booked a Memorial Day trip for the family and thought it might be worth returning to the Menage. First impression was good. The parking attendants were very helpful and friendly. The young man who greeted us at the front desk and checked us in was fantastic. I'm afraid it was a slow decent downhill from there.

The Menage is a hotel surrounded by a noisy intersection and a freeway, so noise is what you get a lot of at this place. They try to cover it up with loud music by the pool and outside bar, but the loud rush of traffic is always there. Kind of a constant white noise. If you're a light sleeper I would highly suggest NOT taking a room facing the pool area. The pool is always open and live and piped-in music is playing late into the night until the bar closes down.

ROOM:
Our room was 514 which is on the top floor facing East, so we got the least amount of traffic noise. It was a "Superior two queen" room. Decent enough, but the carpet felt slightly unclean. It had that movie theater feel to it, like a lot of things have been spilled over time and never fully cleaned out. The bathroom still had no ventilation but they had recently tiled the shower/tub area and for the most part it looked clean. The downside was that the shower head leaked (got maint. to fix while we were out). After a family of four showers the walls are basically dripping wet, so you leave the door open to air out which I think adds to the slight musty smell you get when you enter the room.

Worst night sleep was when someone's car in the parking lot had its alarm go off about 5 or 6 times from about 1am - 3 am. Good times.

POOL:
The pool size is decent and the hot tub (sauna) is nice too. We had horrible service when anywhere other than at the bar when it came time to order food or drinks. Basically you get the best service when you're ordering yourself and not through the wait staff. Honestly it seemed like the wait staff had never been trained. This one woman came out to the pool and took an order from a couple of people and then headed back to the bar. Then moments later came back out and asked the customer they just helped a question... And then head back to the bar. She literally did one or two people at a time and would got back to the bar. It became a joke between my wife and I as to when she would even make it over to the other side of the pool where we and others were. This didn't change the whole time we were there.

The pool area is not very well kept up. People come and go and none of the staff seem to clean up much. I was constantly finding broken cup shards around the seating area and even on the bottom of the pool when I accidentally stepped on it. Half full ash trays and drinks left long ago by patrons just sat there forever.

FOOD:
Don't bother. If you're starving, then by all means, go for it. If you like good food, I would look elsewhere. While we were there we tried 5 different appetizer dishes by the outside bar and pool area. They were OK at best. We got desperate one morning and I actually made the decision to take the family down for breakfast. How hard is it to screw up a meal like breakfast, I thought. Well apparently it's not too hard. The scrambled eggs were very wet and the pancakes had hard spots on some of the sides (I thought maybe they were microwaved). Once again we were just not impressed. For the price, the food isn't worth it.

There were many other little things that turned me off about this hotel that I won't list but they all add up. And for me, that means we won't be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Honestly I don't think there is a good room in this place. They are all surrounded by lots of no...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kvichak1

I appreciate you posting your review and feedback. I'm so sorry to hear that your return stay was so disappointing. We have noted all of the points you made regarding service and cleanliness and will be holding an intense re-training session with our pool staff and housekeeping department. Guest feedback is very important, as it helps us to identify areas we may fall short.
Thank you again for your candid comments.
Warm Regards,
Charlotte Gulley

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Beautiful hotel with fantastic service! Very clean rooms and a great pool area with a fun palapa bar! Professional valets and friendly staff! Extremely comfortable bed! Very close to great dining and entertainment! Highly recommended for business or pleasure!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and just loved everything about it. We were on the ground floor so we did not hear any traffic noise and both slept like babies. The staff is friendly, upbeat and always happy to serve or help you with anything. Food is excellent as well as the drinks. Great location from Disney, shuttle service quick and prompt. You will enjoy the fireworks while sitting out by the pool or lounge. We enjoyed viewing the fireworks more at the hotel vrs the park. Fun place to stay if you are going to Disney or just come and relax.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Juliewilburn

We are thrilled to hear your enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for posting your review :)

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Spacious room excellent king bed. Wonderful bar by great pool area. Can stand on balcony and watch the fireworks from Disneyland. Walking distance to the theme parks. Breakfast could have been a little cheaper. Hotel concierge staff and bell boys offered lots of assistance.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Jessica H
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I booked a package deal to Disneyland on a whim. We arrived as per our reservation and the room was not ready. Kind of a strange feel when you walk into the lobby because the bar is right there and very loud dance music.

Since the room was not ready we went to Disneyland. The hotel offers ART bus passes but they don't tell you you can buy multi-day passes for cheaper.

When we finally got our room, the I-5 highway noise is absolutely crazy even with the window closed. Rooms are small and although renovated not very clean. We has empty bottles in our fridge and lots of dust. Housekeeping was terrible. Everyday was something. The elevator carpet smells worse than wet dog from drinks and pool water. Two days they took our towels and did not replace them until I complaint to the desk manager. What I hated the most was when I complained, the manager didn't let me funiah my sentence. She immediately already agreed with me even though she didn't know what it was.

At night the pool bar was noisy with live music competing with the highway noise until 10.00pm. The pool and hot tub would have been nice but was a hangout for twenty something partiers till the wee hours.

Luckily we came to see Disneyland and that part was great. We will never stay at Hotel Ménage again.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank JohnKaynSin

I am so sorry to hear of your disappointment in your recent stay. We take all guest feedback very seriously, and will be discussing the notated housekeeping issues with our Rooms Manager and the entire housekeeping department. These issues are inexcusable, and are certainly not typical for our hotel.
Again, I just want to offer my apologies that your experience fell below your expectations and our standards. Thank you for your feedback.
Charlotte

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was looking forward to my second visit to the Hotel Menage after a year.
Unfortunately , in my opinion the hotel was not as good as the last time .
Arrived midnight after informing hotel of my late arrival , on checking in , my wotif booking was lost in the system and could not be retrieved, although i produced e mails from Wotif.com acknowledging my booking , the whoe booking in process took 50mins , no recompence was offered , even a free drink at the bar, which i thought was poor service
Rooms clean and good choice of tv channels
Breakfast very average
Overall i think i will stay at a different hotel next time nearer to Disney

2  Thank Manchester45

I am sorry to hear of the frustrating check-in you experienced! This is certainly not typical at our hotel and I will personally look into how Wotif.com communicates their bookings with us so this does not happen again. We regret to hear that this instance has deterred you from staying with us again, but we hope you might reconsider giving us a second chance. If you decide to stay with us again, please contact our Front Office Supervisor, Jessica Kim, directly; she will be happy to ensure you a great room, a seamless check-in, and the type of experience you had come to expect.
Charlotte