“A good hotel right next to Disney” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Menage

Ranked #56 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Los Angeles, California
“A good hotel right next to Disney”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel Friday-Monday for the Harry Potter Day at Disneyland (unofficial) weekend. I checked in around 5pm on Friday and checked out at 5am on Monday. I was travelling alone and had one dog with me.

I read the reviews on here before hand to get an idea of what to expect and I kept seeing that the pool area was quite busy and loud, so I requested a room on the first floor right next to and facing the parking lot. The room also faces the street, but I could not here any traffic. I could sometimes here a car door closing and people walking by, but nothing that woke me up (and I am a light sleeper).

The room (this may be different for non-dog rooms) was fantastic. The floor was a brown-gold concrete that had wonderful character (small cracks and such)...I thought I would be cold but they had adequate rugs laid out in all the right areas. The bathroom is small but the vanity is outside of it so it worked fine for me. The bed was probably my biggest complaint...super uncomfortable for me. Way too firm. Also, the pillows were those cotton filled type ones or something. They would benefit if they just put even one or two down pillows on the beds. No bugs that I could find and the room was cleaned very well everyday. The room was perfect size for just me and my dog with a couch and coffee table as well.

I ordered room service (onion rings and chicken wings)...the wings were good (really spicy) but the rings were intolerable (onion rings are the easiest thing to make homemade...just make some beer batter and cut up a fresh onion) I couldn't even finish one ring before I put the whole plate outside of my door.

I went out to the pool area bar one time to order a drink and the bartender was on his phone not paying attention to the bar. So after waiting for five minutes with his back turned to me, I walked over and interrupted his phone call to ask if I could place my drink order. He didn't smile or acknowledge me...It wasn't busy, so I assumed he would be happy for the tip but he just seemed annoyed. Whatever, I took my drink back to my room to relax.

The hotel has parking but it is not free...lame. And ample areas to walk the pups. Can't comment on the pool since I was too busy to visit it.

The hotel is really close to Disney...probably a 10 minute walk maximum.

I would stay here again. I stayed in room 111 and I would request that room again if I could.

Room Tip: room 111 was quiet and right next to the parking lot so easy loading and unloading
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Menage, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and feedback! I'm glad to know you enjoyed your guest room and that you found it clean, quiet and convenient for your and your pup :)
Your comments about the room service you ordered are appreciated, and have been passed along to the restaurant staff and management for improvement.
Thank you for letting us know about your experience at the pool bar. Service such as the bartender offered is unacceptable, and we are taking this matter up with all service staff in the bar/restaurant. Please accept my apologies for the wait.
We do charge for parking at our hotel, which is quite standard for all hotels in the Anaheim area, especially. Our parking fee - $10 self, $12 valet - is typical, if not lower, than most hotels in the area.
Thanks again for your review!
Warm Regards,
Charlotte, Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
Tahoe City, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just stayed at The Menage on the eve of Nov 2nd.
The accomadations are really pretty nice.
We did not get the best rate available, but nevertheless
the room was very clean and well appointed with many convienances.
BUT!, the noise factor though was absolutley terrible!!!!
The loaction is very close to Disneyland, and situated just off Katella.
and the highway. Very busy street noise at all hours of the night.
So if, your a light sleeper, watchout.
Not sure if the hoteliers have looked into new windows, doors, and sound boarded wall improvments, but it could really help this location alot!!!!
Otherwise the late night bar inside & out was very nice, maybe on weekends keep the late night menu going a little longer?
The food was good! Service very nice!
Im a light sleeper though, i won't be returning even though everything else was very good.

Room Tip: Hummm....ask for a room not facing the road?
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MrHoneyDoTahoe
Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry to know that you were unable to sleep well due to road noise. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed all the other aspects of the hotel, and appreciate your suggestions for improvement. We have already installed double-paned windows, but will definitely have maintenance check the insulating strips around the guest room doors.
Thanks again for your feedback!
Delta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed here for a week in mid October. Our room was spacious and very clean. The pool area was great! Our only complaint would be they need a bigger hot tub or another one. It was very popular. Great view of the fireworks every evening.
We enjoyed the buffet style breakfast, and thought it was a pretty good value @ $12.95 each.
You can walk to Disneyland which is about 10 minutes away, or there is a shuttle that comes by every 20 minutes or so. You can purchase 3 or 5 day passes for the shuttle at a reasonable cost.
The staff were friendly, happy and very helpful when ever we had any questions.
We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay. Your comments are very much appreciated, and we look forward to hosting you again soon!
Yeppoon, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed at the Menage in April for two nights as it looked good on the Website and was close to Disneyland. Although it is next to the freeway, I did not hear any noise. The room was very modern, spotlessly clean and comfortable. It was about a 10 minute walk to Disneyland the first day.
The second day I caught the ART shuttle which goes straight from the Hotel to Disneyland in just minutes. I found the staff at the Hotel to be very friendly and helpful. The only time I ate at the Hotel was on the morning I left. The only downside was I found getting to the room difficult. I felt they could do with better signage in the halls. Just my opinion.
It is without doubt the best eggs benedict I have ever had. I would definately recommend The Menage. I felt it was excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for one close to the elevator as I found the layout a bit disorienting.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Richard F
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is my review from when I stayed at the Menage back in May-June when vacaying by myself.
I stayed there for 5 nights after booking it together with Allegiant for an affordable rate and LOVED it. Though it's also a family hotel, I liked that it was very catered towards adults/couples. From the moment you step into the lobby, the light created ambiance and there were bars all around. Very classy-looking. It was the better choice compared to other hotels that are cheap and is more for family travels with screaming kids.

The concierge was very kind/friendly, I believe his name was Kent. After a bit of a long wait for some guests in front of me, he apologized when I finally reached the desk. He was very informative during my stay and helped out with a lot of shuttles, attractions nearby and deals. Helping to call a taxi for me etc. The ladies helped me out with the VIP tours too, me being a clueless solo traveler. I got a room that was on the 2nd floor and facing the pool with a great view of the fireworks. At first I thought that was going to be a nuisance since Disneyland had them every night but all I had to do was turn on the AC at night if I was sleeping early and it blocked out the noise.

The only problem I found with my room was that the phone didn't work. I've had this similar problem before with other hotels so for room service, I had to use my cell phone to call the restaurant downstairs and get charged an international fee but it wasn't a BIG disaster. I just think they could've fixed that and the pillows. To me, the pillows were kinda hard and not comfy so I mainly slept without them. Everything else was very clean and neat. I didn't go into the pool but it was very pretty at night with the tropical scenery of the trees around.

Service was amazing. From the front desk, maids, food deliveries. Food was done and sent fast to me. I don't think I waited more than 30mins ever. The prices were SO affordable and tasted so good. Even the valet guys in the front were awesome. Since we're about the same age, one of them would always have friendly conversations with me every time I waited for a ride. All of them would always smile and welcome me back at the front. It was just such a nice small gesture.

The distance to Disneyland was great too. It was about a 10min walk over the bridge, not bad.

Overall it was a great time and I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter which floor, but choose a room that's facing inside, towards the pool. If...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We really appreciate your comprehensive review! I'm so happy to hear that you had such a pleasant experience. Your compliments to the staff have been passed along to each department. I'd also like to thank you for posting photos of your stay... this is so helpful for other potential guests who read reviews and shop hotels on Tripadvisor.
Thanks again, and we wish you happy travels!
Las vegas, nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Our group of 7 was impresses from the get go. We were able to check in early and when we did not care for our first set of rooms (next to the elevator). Lance changed our rooms to disneyland firework view. He was kind and aimed to please! Terrific customer service. The valets always opened the doors for us and what a nice treat for us after spending 12 - 14 hours at Disneyland. Housekeeping was amazing. Our rooms were cleaned and they took the time to arrange all of our special Disney pillow pets and stuffed toys snug on the beds. Thank you for that house keeping, what a special touch. Room service made a special order for my husband and son at 10 pm. And they loved it! Rooms are clean and quiet. We never noticed freeway noise with the door closed.

Room Tip: Ask for the disney firework view room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear that your group enjoyed our hotel, services, and friendly staff. Your comments are very much appreciated, and we hope to have the opportunity to host you next time you return to the Anaheim area.
Charlotte, Guest Service
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had 6 nights here from 15 October 2012. The hotel is a 10 min walk away from Disneyland. There is also a shuttle which comes every 20 minutes. The room was newly renovated and was spacious, clean and comfortable. We were on the 5th floor and faced the freeway so if traffic noise affects you make sure you ask for a room away from the freeway. We were all so tired after our busy days out that this wasn't an issue in order for us to sleep. Nice Pool and spa area great and pool is open 24/7 so a late night swim is ok. Restaurant was reasonably priced and served great hamburgers. Staff were fantastic. Nothing was too much to ask. Concierge were friendly and very approachable with great advice to offer on all our questions. The doormen were also very friendly and upbeat, always smiling and ready to lend a hand. My only criticism is the lighting in the lobby, restaurant area is way too low, almost dark in fact. We needed a torch to read the restaurant menu.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family