“Even my husband loved it”
Review of Hotel Menage

Hotel Menage
Ranked #60 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Pasadena ca
“Even my husband loved it”
Reviewed January 31, 2008

The staff here was just awesome; the noise from the freeway is loud as is the music from the tiki bar.When I called to ask the front desk to turn it down, they did right away and were so nice.

We do not like waiting for the Anaheim bus so we are branching out.

• Liked — stylish and clean
  • Disliked — that it is a smoking hotel, and the ashtrays and loud music.I won't be back due to the smoking
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank Fussy Mommy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
San Juan Capistrano, California
Reviewed January 30, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Menage for a quick two night getaway. I booked directly through the hotel website and since we were staying on a Wed & Thurs night we got a killer deal of $69/night (everything else within the same proximity was $119+).

I travel quite a bit and have stayed in a few hundred hotels in my life time and this one was average as far as ammenities but will stay on my radar based on it being so different in atmosphere from your normal run of the mill 3 star hotels. It was unique in theming and of course as many others have said the pool was pretty amazing.

The staff definitely leaves something to be desired, but I get the impression that most of them are new and will chalk it up to a learning curve. When we got there on Wednesday, we made it in time to indulge in happy hour which cocktails and appetizers were EXTREMELY reasonably priced.

With it's proximity to Disneyland it is tough to beat- On Thursday we enjoyed the park and came home after it closed, got a glass of wine and relaxed in the hot tub. We were the only two out at the pool and it was beyond a perfect ending to the mini-mid week getaway.

This will probably be our new hotel when staying in the anaheim area.

• Liked — Very chic in decor and style & proximity to Disneyland
  • Disliked — Bathrooms & Staff left a bit to be desired
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Loveload
Orange California
Reviewed January 24, 2008

Great atmosphere. Newly remodles rooms with big flat screen tvs, Excellent restraunt. I stay here monthly for a "vacation day". Landscape around the pool and spa make you feel like your in a vacation resort in Maui. I love it!

Stayed January 2008
3 Thank SkipArmstrong
Folsom, CA
Reviewed January 16, 2008

The Menage Hotel is very clean and seems to be youth-oriented (ages 21-35). The room cost was $59.00 a night which was very reasonable. I was told rack rate for the same bedroom (2 queens) was $89.00 a night. I got a price break since I booked through Hotwire. This hotel was rated as a 3.5 by Hotwire but personally I think it is more a 3.0. Our room was larger than most in size (for this price rate), very comfortable beds with 4 pillows (loved that feature) and a huge flat-screened TV mounted on the wall. It was clean and safe. Even though Interstate 5 runs directly on one side of of this triangular-shaped property and Harbor Blvd and Ball Rd on the other two sides, our room location was above the lobby area overlooking the pool so traffic noise was not a big issue. We were there on Sunday night and Monday night so it was pretty tame. But I think this hotel is rocking on Friday and Saturday nights with the younger set. We booked this hotel since it was less than 1 mile and a straight shot to the Disneyland entrance. They do have a restaurant on site but we did not try it since we like to eat at Chris n' Pitts when we are in the Anaheim area. The pool bar, pool and spa area are pristine and tropical looking with plenty of nice seating provided. We found out on the second night that you have a front row seat for the Disneyland fireworks at 9:30pm. Just lay back on a lounge by the pool with a drink of your choice and enjoy the spectacular fireworks in comfort. Parking each night was an additional $10.00 with in/out priviledges.

• Liked — Comfortable and Clean Beds, Happy Hour
  • Disliked — No central heat...window contraption.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
7 Thank xmasaddict
hotelstayer
Reviewed January 15, 2008

read all the reviews about this place.. have to admit was annoyed at some of the staff...they had no booking yet a voucher was presented... i was asked to pay by credit card and they would fix teh problem.. my wife and i were not impressed.. room was fine though found that there are no duvet covers just sheets on top and bottom... these are not regularly changed and the hair dried food from the last person was not tempting ....
the bar is fine somethings over priced.. found that you have some people willing to go out of there way and some that are just rude.. if you are young under 25 sure its ok over that i think there is much better around....

Stayed January 2008
3 Thank hotelstayer46
california
Reviewed January 7, 2008

Very clean hotel! Nice coordination color of white wall with dark brown color on bed sheets and head board, and wall arts. Bathroom are small with no vent with only basic hygine need, such as soap, shampoo and conditioner are available. No facility to put baggage nor hand luggage. Their remodel file cabinets for clothes has just 3 drawers! 3 open drawers! Not enough for family of 4!

Don't get confused by arrows in the upstairs lobby, it will throw you back in the right direction. My 5+ old can figure out!

Folgers coffee regular and decaf. but no tea services. Breakfast menu with normal hotel fees. Nice front desk persons and excellent House keeping job.

Outside pool but not sure about temp. of water with good land scaping. Excellent hanging out area if you are an out door person. Air condition / heater which made slight loud noise. Good size plasma TV, excellent; However, room did not smell, which we were glad about. Nice Cabana with excellent lobby area with candle light all day long. Business parties can last late night. Nice upgraded window that did not made noise come into the room

Good looking decorative style 4 pillows, but not good to sleep whole night for people who uses contour pillow or falt pillow. We did not ask for flat pillow, so we are not sure if they carry it or not. Overall, good. Good upgraded comforters and beds.

The red room will really give you a spin if you want an excitement! Get ready to face the real rage! Just throw your self out into the cabana / bar / pool landscaping to relex. You will relex here. Exterior is much nicer then interior! no doubt.

It is not like other resort like we had been! I had expected more for resort! It was just an ordinary hotel! Great for walking distant from Disney and small shopping complex with worst Starbucks I had ever been to. It idid not even taste like Starbucks! I enjoy my Folgers in the room and my husband kept pushing his luck at Starbucks!

Why pay $3.00 each way per person for Disney Park ride ticket when you can walk in 10 min. sharp! It takes more then 15 min to walk into the Disney's parking lot! You might want to save your Disney parking money and pay to Hotel Menage! No free bees here. You pay $10.00 for parking panelty and $12.00 for vallet.

Will I stay again, Yes for 80.00 not for 160.00!

My kids enjoyed it, what do they know. All they need is nice plasma TV and some cartoon!

• Liked — Plasma TV, free coffee and nice cozy bed
  • Disliked — not specious, not a place to rest a small carryon bag or any luggage., no free breafast!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank advisebee
traveller2007-8
Reviewed January 5, 2008

The hotel has the feel of a makeover in a day... everything i think was spray painted even the bath tub which was already peeling.. that aside most staff were excellent that is those who worked in the bar and restaurant... on two separate occassion' s on our 4 day stay christmas time the maid entered the room when there was a DO NOT disturb sign....who ever choses to stay there confirm confirm and reconfirm your booking.. we still had one night to stay and while we were in disneyland and my brother was coming later thankfully.. he was bombarded with a maid entering the room after he had just come out of the shower note a do not disturb sign on door.. he thankfully had it on lock due to the previous day and she advs we check out today.. he advs NO we still had one more night.. this was 11am at 11.40am he recd a call from front desk telling him that we had 20minutes before check out and or be charged to my credit card the $145.. for another night.. my brother tracked us down in disneyland.. day ruined and then confronted by a female day supervisor who smirked and found the situation quite amusing.. i demanded to seek higher management.. and finally after becoming loud and irrate he exited his office... blah blah learning experience and an apology.. PLEASE it was pathetic i paid good money to stay there ... but do they normally nag people to be out of there room before check out... have they never thought of the saying that the customer is always right and a simple " I apologise there may be some confusion but our computer shows that you are checking out today can you come down etc"" not demand that a credit card be charged a new amount...or be told have your stuff out in 20 minutes..
and am i left to ponder that had someone not been in the room what would have happened to my things..????

after all that the next day check out was midday and my room key was deativated at 9am..when i approached front desk i was told that i must hv had it near my credit cards two card keys on two different people not working yet the pool gate and side door could be activated... Pathetic...would i stay here again for under $60 sure its a 10 minute walk over the bridge...there are so many business's around there that after speaking to others was unreal and what happened to me wasnt a simply forgot to fill up the toilet paper.. this was actually quite serious.. NO body should have to face the predicament we went through....

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — incopetent staff
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family