“Perfect hotel for the price!!!! will stay again”

Four Points by Sheraton Anaheim
Ranked #63 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed November 30, 2011

My husbang and I traveled with our 3 and 1 yr old to disney and stayed in Menage from 23-27. The staff and valet were amazing and so welcoming. We could watch the fireworks from our bed with our kids that were are disney, a tad loud but hey cant beat it right outside window. Also I5 is in back of hotel so that was a little loud, but Food was amazing, Bed was some sort of memory foam and we didnt want to get out of it. Hotel area with bar and pool was out of a resort. We will definitely stay again our next disney vacation! Wish it had more stuff for toddlers though thats the only downfall..that an no free breakfast :(

Room Tip: rooms on front side of hotel are probably quieter..farther away from Fireworks and highway
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank RyandGavsmommy
Write a ReviewReviews (2,082)

Reviewed November 29, 2011

This hotel is the best hotel for the price. I booked through hotwire it was a (mystery hotel). I was very impressed with the friendliness/ helpfulness of all the staff .The hotel was clean and very comfortable. We will definitely stay here again. This hotel is a great place for families.

Room Tip: Even though this hotel is close to the freeway the noise was barely noticable.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Thank you for your kind review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay over the holiday weekend, and that we will have the pleasure of hosting you again. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I stayed at this hotel back in Oct for a trip to Disneyland. I was somewhat concerned after reading some negative reviews but decided to see for myself. It defnitely did not dissapoint. Check in was really fast and the staff that I did encounter were very nice. I was a five minute drive to Disney and that's only because of a little traffic. The room was clean, the beds were really comfortable. I was traveling with my boyfriend and little sister and had orginally booked a kind bed with sofa sleeper. To my surprise we were given a double bed room which was fine (awesome for my sister since she didn't have to sleep on the couch lol). It took a while to figure out the A/C control to get the room at a good temperature but I have absolutely no complaints. Also the restaurant was awesome. I had recently gone vegan and was worried that I wouldn't be able to eat much but I had a wonderful breakfast. Wish I could have checked out the bar but like I said my little sister was with us and she's not of age. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The traffic noise is not as bad as others have stated.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We stayed here Nov. 23-26 2011. We booked it using Hotwire and got an excellent rate. We would have been very disappointed had we paid rack rates. The hotel was clean, staff was helpful and friendly. Not sure why they call this a boutique hotel though access to the rooms is on the outside. The lobby is dark, and is more like a club feel with a bar. Not so sure it's for families, although we did have children with us. We were only there to sleep and shower. The road noise was horrendous, even with ear plugs, which we brought with us, you could still hear cars. We did have a great view of Disneyland fireworks which was nice. We walked to Disneyland one day and used the shuttle the next. Walking was fine but we preferred the shuttle after a long day at the park we dreaded having to walk back to the hotel at night. I saw people complaining in reviews there were no fridges or microwaves in the room but i did see a communal microwave near the vending machines. I did do a lot of research reading reviews before we went so I felt I knew what to expect once we arrived with that in mind we weren't really disappointed nor impressed either. Over all the stay was ok for what it was, a clean place to lay our heads at night, friendly staff, and close proximity to Disney. I want to say again I'm not giving it a lower rating because us personally felt we got what we paid for, we paid an extremely low rate, had we paid more we would have been disappointed for what we got.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dazygurl

Thank you for your candid comments. Your feedback is appreciated and valued.

Reviewed November 26, 2011

This place is so terrible. It is so loud. We had 9 nights booked and checked out after 1 night. I really hated this place like I have never felt anywhere before. I would have preferred to fly 14 hours back to Australia and cancel our holiday if I had to stay here.
Arrived at 3pm check-in time. The room was not 2 queen beds as booked, but just 1 bed. Had to lug back to reception to tell them bed was missing. They offered us a fold out bed in another room, I refused as I had specially booked 2 queens and that's what I wanted. Also I had spoken to Ashley their reservations Manager before leaving Australia to make sure our booking was ready and she said our room would be upgraded to a view room of the pool since we were celebrating. Being next to the 5 freeway who cares about a pool, it was so noisy. We could not sleep. Then walking to Disneyland it was dangerous crossing the 5 freeway. Then getting close to the pool area had loud noisy music as well.
The room design is so bad. There is no sink in the bathroom, it is in the lougeroom with the coffee maker and ice bucket next to it. That is so gross that is the only place to wash your hands after going to the toilet, very unhygienic. We requested another room further away from noise and with a sink in the bathroom!. This room was still just as noisy. You get a sink in your room only if you have wheelchair accessible room that also has wardrobe hanging space in the bathroom with fan that is not working. Still coffee machine was in the bathroom on the sink. Wheelchair accessible rooms all have connecting door also.
All the beds in all the rooms have their wooden frames sticking out and the mattress does not sit flush. It is off by at least 20cm and it is a huge tripping hazard. My son hurt his legs twice and myself once and we only stayed 1 night. Was so desperate to get out of there and check-out immediately. The beds are extremely uncomfortable. Every room we looked at they had a scratchy feeling piece of cloth that was not even attached to the mattress. The 1 night we slept there it moved around everywhere and felt horrible. I lifted up the sheet to see what it was and was horrified at how stained the mattress was and saw it was yucky rough material sheet and was loose just sitting on the bed. So cheap and nasty. Looked at the gym and did not even bother to go in. This is just a motel converted weirdly. The gym was obviously was just 2 rooms guttered to convert it to a gym space. It had 2 motel windows. All rooms had motel style window and it did not block out any sound.
I met another man in the lift on our arrival who expressed his relief he was only here one night and was so happy checking out. He was right, this place is depressing and certainly not a holiday!

Room Tip: Find a different hotel!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Annette B
Reviewed November 26, 2011

We've stayed here six times over the last four years. This year we've been twice, once in July with three kids and my husband's folks and once in October with just the two of us. We are always greeted warmly and are well taken care of by the front desk staff. I've seen complaints on here about them but we've never had a bad experience - in fact they've found a way to accommodate each of our requests including changing room categories on one occasion.

The rooms are unique here, modern, dark woods and several with hardwood floors. The bathrooms are itty bitty but the water pressure is always good and the towels are plentiful (even when there were four of us in the room). The beds are super comfortable and we always sleep great. There is a fair amount of noise coming off the freeway and if you're on a lower floor facing the pool, from the pool. The freeway noise, though, is kind of like white noise and drowns out any sound from neighboring rooms and helps us drift right off to sleep.

The restaurant here is also fun and yummy.

We will continue to stay here exclusively on our many trips to Disneyland until their prices start to creep up (our reason for abandoning other area hotels like the Candy Cane and the Carousel).

Room Tip: Pool view rooms on the higher floors are a bit quieter and afford a great view of the Disneyland fir...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Larissamorn,

We truly appreciate your loyalty to Hotel Menage. We have always, and will continue to enjoy hosting you and your family during your trips to Disneyland. Thank you for your kind comments.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed November 20, 2011

When I called to make a reservation over the phone, I was surprised to hear that the front desk agent did not sound enthusiastic at all nor care about any of my requests. Upon check in, I was surprised that the front desk agent did not greet us warmly and my friends and I had booked about 5 or 6 rooms and they did not accomodate to our requests nor made any of us feel welcome. It was terrible customer service, coming from someone that is a front desk agent at a hotel. I also ate at the restaurant they had downstairs, the waitress messed up our bill and took her an additional 20 minutes to fix it. All the rooms are located outside and I did not feel comfortable staying there. Even though our door was shut, you could hear the wind from outside and it sounded like the door was open. I was disappointed in the customer service I received and I do not plan on staying there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michelle T

Dear Michelle T,

Thank you for your feedback. We have always taken pride in our warm and friendly customer service, and I am so sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your experience with us. Unfortunately, not all special requests can be guaranteed 100%. Regrettably, there were a couple of special requests made by your group which we were unable to fulfill during your stay, and we are very sorry for any inconvenience experienced.
I assure you that customer service issues are not typical at Hotel Menage, and we sincerely value all of our guests and groups. Your comments are being reviewed with staff members, and a renewed diligence to ensure every guest feels warmly welcomed is under way.