New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #40 of 116 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersGold level
“Bad service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We waited 2 hrs for our room. They didn't even try to get it cleaned faster. I asked. They were impersonal and didn't care we had babies needing heat. It was cold and rainy. We have never been treated like this anywhere else.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank betravlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

This is the second time we stayed at the Carousel Inn and I have to say it's a really nice hotel if you are visiting Disneyland. The rooms are clean and the location if right across the road from Disneyland. We stayed in the View Suite which is great for a larger family. The living area looks over the park and there is plenty of room for everybody. I've stayed at other hotels in Anaheim, however I feel the breakfast offered at Carousel Inn is much better with a wider variety of foods. The first time we ate at the breakfast room our kids were so excited as they could see the rides at Disneyland. The pool is nice also, although its a little out the way so we didn't use it much. Overall, the Carousel Inn is a great neighbour hotel to Disneyland.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank mattandben
Edmonds, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

When visiting Disneyland, we always stay here at The Carousel. Our favorite hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and have been upgraded. The free breakfast is a great bonus. The location to Disneyland is the best.

3 Thank DisneyGirl444
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel is fantastic, we usually stay at the Fairfield Inn but it is now considered a disney resort and the price was double this, even though this hotel is closer to Disney!! Amazing location our room was ready early and the bell boy was great, bringing everything up for us, rooms were great as well as a complimentary breaky in the morning, just fruit, toast and cereal but enough to get you going!
Pizza place just below was fantastic, only thing that bugs me is that in this day and age internet should be free but it was 50/week and not overly fast. Also $9.00 a day for parking if you have a rental car but that is the cheapest on this whole strip, You cant beat this location if you are going to disneyland!

Room Tip: If you get higher up you can just run up the stairs and see the fireworks every night by the pool!
4 Thank leelee6789
Apple Valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have occasion to stay in Anaheim more than a dozen times each year and always stay at the Carousel. Nice rooms and a great value for being in the area of Disneyland, plus a free breakfast! The people are great and the location is fantastic. If I am not mistaken, they are closer to the front entrance of the park than is the Disneyland Hotel. Kudos to Adrian and the whole staff, they do a great job.

4 Thank Kevin K
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Hi. I stayed here from Nov.26- Dec.1 as a solo female. After reading numerous reviews I was anxious about staying here as cleanliness/safety are always at the top of my list. I arrived about an hour before check-in,and like others after me, got the same info...room is not ready,we can check your luggage and come back after 4 pm. The front desk staff were very nice. Theres a lady who tries to entice you to visit their new " sister ' hotel, the Wydham? with a free meal,transportation, and only 2 hrs of my time. I heard her say to another guest, that once you see this brand new hotel you wont want to stay anywhere else. Not good for business for the Carousel. I politely listened to her talk as i had time on my hands, but never did take her up on it. My room was 405 and when I walked in I was pleasantly surprised. There were 2 Queen beds, older model tv,small fridge ,a safe, and microwave. All worked well, except fridge was happy only if on the coldest setting #6,and never shut off! It froze my water bottles. The tv had fairly good reception. There was a clock radio & phone also. Even for local calls they charge a $1.00 for a "connecting fee. " Mine was waived as I tried to call Mimis cafe and no one answered. The beds were pretty comfy,the pillows need replacing. Sheets were clean,but I never got the sheets changed during the 5 days. I thought the policy was to change them every 4 days. Rooms arent made up till late in day. On my second last day,my room was not done at all. Maybe they figured I was leaving in the am. I was in the room from 3-4 pm,then out again,so maybe they just didnt have time. The rooms arent very soundproof,floors are very creakey when people above you walk around,and some guests are heavey footed and shut doors and drawers extra hard. Folks that checkin late need to consider other guests who may be trying to get some sleep for the next day,as the excited loud voices can be heard as if they are in your room. Maybe the hotel would consider some kind of do not disturb other guests signs like some other places have ? There was plenty of hot water, the shower spray could be stronger,and the tub drained ever so slow after bathing. Towels were clean, a dingy grey color and made a very good exfoliator! Some small patches of mold around the base of the tub could use some attention. I found a c---roach on the wall one morning. The A/C/heating system worked fine and was not too loud. The door had 2 good locks on the inside , I felt safe.The entry to the room was key swipe,which took its sweet time to read the card. Complimentary breakfast was ok..more sugary/carbs type. Only protein was hard-boiled eggs. Ive asked them to also consider peanut butter and some bananas. Kids like those. The food was always fresh,coffee hot, and always being replenished when low. Most crowded at around 8 am.Seating is limited,I usually asked someone if i could share the table with them,that way I meet fellow travellers. I booked my vacation thru West Jet vacations and ended up being around $1000.00 for 5 nights, round trip transfers from airport /hotel, 3 day park hopper pass with 1 Magic Morning admission, and tax. I feel I got good value. Would I stay here again? Probably if I was solo or with someone who could over look the minor flaws in the place. For me it was fine. Its so close to the parks. If it was summer and hot, i wouldnt bring my grandkids here,not much to do to cool off and play. The pool on roof-top is quite small and too deep for younger kids. I cant recall seeing any life saving equipment up there. I would hope there would be! The gym is a nice size room with 2 bikes and an eliptical machine. There are towels to. Be nice if there was a mat and maybe an exercise ball. To help work off those donuts at breakfast!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank janetw154945
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was so apprehensive about staying at the Carousel Inn and Suites due to the past reviews that I had read but ended up being pleasantly surprised. We arrived 20 minutes prior to check-in time and our room was ready. I inquired about valet parking and what they do if they damage my car and the valet attendant appeared and said we could park our car ourselves. We still paid the $9/night fee but I was relieved that my new car wouldn't be sandwiched in between other cars. The room was just as pictured. It was clean, and stocked with towels, toilet paper, and kleenex. The refrigerator was unplugged but that was an easy fix. The beds/pillows were comfortable and the room was surprisingly quiet. The privacy doors between the room and the sink/bathroom area were nice to separate early risers from those that chose to sleep a little later. The breakfast area was bigger than expected and the choices were minimal but how can I complain when it is complimentary. There were cold cereals, oatmeal, white and wheat bread, biscuits/gravy, hard boiled eggs, fruit, assorted donuts, danishes, apple and orange juice, and reg and decaf coffee.
At the end of each day, we came back from Disneyland to find our beds made, t.p., kleenex, and towels re-stocked. The last night it sounded like we had a herd of elephants living above us, but the stomping didn't last long and perhaps we sounded like that to the room below us.
I am so happy that we did not experience the unfortunate events that others travelers had. I expected our stay to be a disaster but I'm glad we gave the Carousel a chance because it was well worth it.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 325 which was a 2 bedroom suite. It was next to the stairs which no one ever seem...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family