“Amazing Steaks @ Morton's”

Morton's the Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's the Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 885 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Anaheim Resort
Description: Great Happy Hour!
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is an upscale restaurant offering the best steaks I have come across. Great tasting portions of meat, perfectly cooked. Their Parmesan and truffle fries make a great accompaniment.

Staff were friendly but not overly obtrusive and the building it's self was very pleasant with a nice atmos.

As the restaurant is very close to the Anaheim conference centre and the Sheraton, Hilton and Marriott hotels, it is often very busy especially when events are on at the conference centre, so a reservation is a must if you want a table. However food can also be had in the bar area.

Prices are not cheap, but are proportional to the quality of the establishment.

Car parking is in the Sheraton car park and tickets are validated by the restaurant.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Very accommodating for a large group. Everyone raved over their meal. Super attention to detail and a very amiable staff. Thanks for a great evening.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Out of our 10 day honeymoon in Anaheim/LA/Hollywood, Morton's was the best evening! EVERYTHING - atmosphere, music, food, service - was 10/10.

I had the 16oz New York Strip Steak - it was beautiful, cooked to perfection (for me) - so tasty. No side salad (of course, it's a man's steak!) so it was ideal!
My wife had a chicken salad - her only criticism was it had too much blue cheese for her, but blue cheese doesn't work great with her so that probably won't be anybody else's issue.

The service was fantastic, the bread bun & cream they bring out at the start was amazing, beautiful!

We were really chuffed we started the holiday at Morton's in Anaheim!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Loved Morton's Anaheim. It's got the wonderful service & amazing steaks and wine selection that Morton's is known for but it is walking distance to Disney Downtown so if you want to have a nice romantic stroll right after dinner, say at the time Disney does their fireworks show you are set for a nice romantic evening.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

On March 4, a colleague and I dropped in for a dinner at the Morton's in question. I ordered a petit filet mignon, medium rare. It came to my table BLUE. I promptly sent it back to ensure its proper doneness. It was returned to me rare -- red and unmistakably cold in the middle. When I brought this to the attention of my server, he offered this excuse/explanation: "All our medium rares are that colour." Not wishing to delay my dinner any further, I ate my under-cooked steak.

Over the past decade I estimate I have eaten at 5 Morton's Steakhouses across the United States. On two occasions -- including this one -- my dining experience has been unacceptable for a restaurant chain of its reputed calibre. I say "reputed" because, clearly, Morton's ostensibly is approaching the equivalent to McDonald's when it comes to steak houses in its class.

Back to the other substandard dining experience. I had a veal chop at the Morton's in Cleveland 10 years ago that was lukewarm and virtually floating in grease. A big, swinging strike one, a short distance from Jacobs Field.

Another big strike earlier this month near Angels Stadium. There won't be a third swing.

By my calculation, Morton's has demonstrated a 40% failure rate when it comes to meeting my dining expectations. Therefore, this overrated, overpriced chain is permanently off my list. You've struck out, Morton's.

I travel around the world on business and have had impeccable and flawless experiences at Ben Benson's in New York, the Chop House in Chicago, and multiple Don Schula's and Ruth's Chris locations around North America.

Perhaps Morton's should take some notes on quality control from the aforementioned restaurants and chains, as opposed to resting on their bloated laurels.