“Close to Disney but Hotel Staff not trained”

Abby's Anaheimer Inn
Ranked #105 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We booked this Hotel because it looked clean and close to Disneyland. Since we only planned to sleep amenties were not something we were looking for in a Hotel.

I checked in at 9:30pm with my husband and our 2 daughters after a 4 hour drive we were so tired and so ready for bed. The man at the counter asked if we were checking in I stated yes he found my reservation and started to check me in and he stated 2 adults to the room and I stated 2 kids. He stated my room was only reserved for 2 adults and I must pay right now $15.00 a day for each child or he will not let us check in. Since I knew all along I was bringing my children I was sure there was a mistake and can we chat with the manager in the morning he stated no charge the card now.

So I handed him my card and he charged me the additional monies. I could never find a manager to discuss my concerns with since we were there on the weekend and spend the entire time in the Parks.

I still do not understand why and additional charge for 2 small girls for a room we were never in, the beds were the same we did not request additional anything.

When booking please note who is in your room or you might be held hostage as we were with no where else to turn.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank EmooreB

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My sister and I spent the night after a day at the Disney Parks. We had called to let the hotel know we would have a late check in , there was absolutetly no problem. Our room was large, the beds comfortable , but most important, the room was spotless. Everyone associated with the hotel was friendly, helpful, and were willing to go the extra mile to make sure we were happy. The only complaint we have was the parking at the hotel was very tight and limited for the number of rooms.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed just one night for a two day Disney Park(s) visit; we parked the car the first morning at 10:00 am after getting the ok from the office, and paid $10 to park it the second day until 9:00 pm when we headed out. Clean room, good bed (s), quiet non-smoking room on the ground floor with a working albeit noisy air conditioner. Definitely not a up market motel but a good, basic option when you plan on spending most of your days doing other things. The Mexican restaurant (Casa mi pueblo) just across Katella is recommended; cheap good quality food. By the way, the theme parks are walkable across the massive carpark, but another option is the $4 per person per day shuttle bus which has a stop on Katella outside the restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

The room was big nice for a night NO air. Couldn't sleep do to the heat in the room. The beds were hard. But, if your planing a trip in the winter this would be a GREAT. But during the 106 heat it's best to stay somewhere with air

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank rockabillyQueen
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I wanted accommodation within a short walk of Disneyland to save the $15 per day parking fee
I also wanted a fridge and microwave so i could prepare a meal for my family to keep costs down. Free wifi and complimentary breakfast were also on my wish list. Abby's delivered on the wifi but came up short on the breakfast. There was some food available depending on how early you went for it. Even then it was limited to croissant or danish pastry and possibly cereal. The sense was that the minimum amount was being offered in the hope that no-one would be greedy. So if you stay here you need to be prepared to buy in some breakfast supplies. However that is easily done thanks to the fridge and microwave and stores nearby. We were directed a quick way into Disneyland (10 minute walk) and walked back to have a meal and relax in the pool midway through each day. All things considered I was very happy with our stay and think we got great value. It is a great base for long days at Disney and I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank midgejam
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

This is my second time staying here and I have been very pleased both times. The rooms are nice and it is only a ten minute walk to Disneyland. Only thing to be wary of is that they say they have free breakfast but it is a few danishes and buns and they are normally gone by 8:00.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I knew Abby's Anaheimer was not going to be one of the resort hotels nearby when I booked, and I have stayed at other motel-type accomodations elsewhere. I was satisfied with Abby's. The room was large and, while not "luxurious," it had everything I needed, since all I did there was sleep. I was in town for the ALA Conference as well. It was an easy walk to the conference sites--and to Disneyland, if that's what I wanted. There are plenty of places to eat nearby, too, including a little shopping plaza across the street with a convenience store and restaurants where it looked like the clientele were locals--always a good sign. And there's a great view of the Disneyland fireworks from the parking lot!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business