“Great amenities, kind staff”

Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Ranked #49 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Berkeley, California
“Great amenities, kind staff”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This spot was really perfect for us to stay at near Disneyland. It's in walking distance, and you can catch a shuttle to Disneyland through the parking lot at the Marriott Hotel, about a 2 minute walk. The hotel was clean (almost nauseatingly so), the staff was helpful and friendly, and the rooms were well appointed (for a lower end hotel). The downside was that the room was incredibly noisy (room 250) as it was above the laundry room. We kept our air conditioner on tho, and couldn't hear the noise. The pool was perfect and the hot tub was HUGE! There was even a little shallow pool just for little ones. We had breakfast there and it was pretty good. I'd definitely stay there again, just for the hot tub and pool! It was a great place to relax in between Disney-mania.

Room Tip: There are special suites that give the kids their own space. Ask about that.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank darcywal
eCommerceCoordinator, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear darcywal,

We are thrilled to be your perfect spot in Anaheim accommodations while visiting Disneyland! Thank you for pointing out how clean our entire hotel is and that our staff is helpful and friendly. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our pool area and large hot tub. We hope you and your family will return soon to enjoy more of all that we have to offer!

Beckley Van Cleave, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I booked a room here through Southwest vacations and got a great rate when combined with my flight and a rental car. The hotel is close to Disneyland - but might be hard to walk back after a full day of walking around Disney. They do have the ANT shuttle nearby for $4 roundtrip per person. The hotel was clean and comfortable. There were a few things that our housekeeper forgot like emptying the water out of the ice bucket each day, but other than that, she did a great job.

There are many good restaurants and shops nearby, so I recommend that guests do some internet research before you go. There are many better options than the overpriced Ruth Chris restaurant that is by the hotel. Speaking of that, parking was tough on weekend nights, as Ruth Chris and the hotel share a parking lot. It was kind of disappointing to pay $14/day for parking and then not have any parking spots available when we returned to the hotel at night.

The front desk was nice and knowledgable. The pool looked nice, but we didn't have the time to swim.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nicole P
Dear Nicole P,

We appreciate you taking the time to share the details of your stay with us and other travelers. Thank you for mentioning our clean and comfortable accommodations, affordable rates and great location. We are located very close to Disneyland, as well as a wide variety of good restaurants and shops. Also, thank you for your traveling tip; we are certain that other travelers will appreciate your advice to get a head start on choosing their dining and shopping preferences. We hope that you will be back again soon to enjoy more of all that we have to offer!

Duncansville Pa
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Checked in on Sunday night for a 2 night stay, Asked for a High Floor when making Reservations and when we checked in they gave us the Handicapped room witch we weren't happy about but we were Tired and hungry and just want to eat and go to bed, Went to the cheesecake factory down the road. When we got back a was getting ready for bed you could hear the Fireworks going off at DisneyLand since this Hotel is right across the street from Disney. The Lobby is really nice and Staff was freindly on Monday compared to Sunday night. Most of the Marriotts that I stay at usally offers free breakfast but not this one. They other thing they charge to park in there parking lot, most of the hotels in the Area don't charge for that. Other than a few things this was a really nice hotel, but not sure I would stay here again if I came back

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Darrin K
eCommerceCoordinator, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Darrin K,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your 2 night visit in Anaheim. We apologize that in order to fulfill your request for a higher room, we had to check you into a room with handicapped accessibility. Your preferences and comfort are very important to us; however, there are those unfortunate occasions that our options are limited when we are operating at full capacity. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Also, please know that the majority of brand hotels in our area charge a parking fee. You will find the properties that do not will, most definitely, have higher accommodation rates. We are happy that you enjoyed a nice experience at our hotel, as well as our close proximity to Disneyland. It is our hope that you will keep in mind the quality stay at affordable rates and decide to stay with us again on your next visit to our area.

Denair, California
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We arrived early so they stored our luggage and we headed to the park. We arrived back at the hotel at 10:30PM and were told there were no more rooms. We loaded all our belongings back into the car and stayed at the Sheraton right down the road. It was definitely a hassle but our room was paid for that night so we didn’t complain. The next morning we were finally able to check in at the Courtyard and moved all or our stuff into the room. We arrived back from the park that night to a room full of ants. We were told there were no rooms to move us to but they did send somebody down to wipe down all the ants. The room was nice other than the ants. We came back to the room one day to swim and rest a little. When we tried to order a pizza we were told that food isn’t available between breakfast and dinner. The restaurant did have a good breakfast and the waiter there was awesome. It has been three weeks since my stay and I did not receive my Marriott Rewards Points. I emailed the hotel, filled out paperwork and faxed it in along with a copy of my receipt then emailed again because I didn’t hear back from anybody. I finally received and email back from Marriott Rewards customer service today and was told that the hotel said I purchased my stay through a wholesale package and that I didn’t pay the hotel directly. NOT TRUE. We booked our room on Marriott.com. (Took advantage of a Marriott Rewards offer.) Paid for the room with Marriott scrip that we purchased through my daughters school, just as we do every time we stay at a Marriott. Now we don’t get credit for our stay. I will never give them my business again:(

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Michael M
eCommerceCoordinator, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear Michael M

We apologize for any hassle or inconvenience that was caused. You are correct; unfortunately, if you booked through a third party Marriott points cannot be awarded. Please contact our hotel directly so that we can review your reservation details and clear up any miscommunication with the Marriott Rewards Center. It would be our pleasure to assist you with this and get your Marriott points awarded to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and look forward to resolving this situation with the Marriott Rewards Center.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We (wife, 16 year old son and myself) stayed here for 4 nights in mid-July. The location is fairly close to Disneyland but I'm not sure I would really want to make the mile walk after a day at the park (and you do pay for parking $14 plus tax) at the motel.
The rooms were fine, clean and big enough for this type of Courtyard. The pool was nice and large. The maids were all very friendly (unlike the front desk personnel- they mostly seemed disiniterested).
Some other issues were- I had requested an early check-in (2 hours) and a top floor room and got neither, the mini frig was not working when we checked in and after two calls to the front desk my son and I moved the frig and cabinet to discover it was just unplugged- never did get a response from the front desk and on the second day I told the front desk the spa was not working and it stayed not working the rest of our stay- never saw anyone making any attempt to
fix it.
I would probably stay here again (for the price and location) and hope the service might improve a bit.

Room Tip: Had requested a top floor room because I am a light sleeper (did not get it) so we did here the peop...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank John B
eCommerceCoordinator, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear John B,

We are very sorry to hear of the challenges you experienced during your stay. Please accept our apologies for the unacceptable level of service you received, and be assured that this is not the standard practice of our hotel. Thank you for bringing these details to our attention, as we have immediately taken the necessary corrective actions to ensure that this does not happen again. Also, we apologize that we were not able to fulfill your request in regard to the location of your room. When we are operating at full capacity, we do our best to satisfy our guests' preferences; however, unfortunately, this is not always possible. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations and that you would stay with us again. Our staff looks forward to delivering a memorable stay along with the top notch customer service that you deserve.

Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

I visited disneyland for their halloween event. The staff was very pleasant. my room was a standard courtyard room, but the fridge and coffee machine were broken. other than that it was nice. The staff before I arrived said the park is in walking distance. After a day at the park this walk was exhausting. You can take a Anaheim transit shuttle that picks up behind the hotel at the Marriott.

I would stay again for the price and location.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Nvisante
eCommerceCoordinator, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear Euroazngal,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our Anaheim hotel for your Disneyland visit during their Halloween event. We apologize that the mini fridge and coffee machine were not working properly in your room. It would have been our pleasure to have both items switched out for you. Please know that we are available 24/7 throughout your stay with us, and are happy to assist you in any way we can. We completely understand how any distance is exhausting to walk after a long day at Disneyland. The Anaheim Resort Transit (ART) shuttle is the perfect solution. We're glad you took advantage of their services for a minimal daily fee. We are also happy that you would take advantage of our affordable rates and stay with us again. Thank you for your review on our property. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back on your return visit.

Regards,
phoenix,arizona
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We were supposed to stay at HomeWood Suites but decided to stay here since we had marriott gift cards that we thought we could use toward the restaraunts. We were wrong. The restaraunts here aren't apart of the Marriott corporation and we were told we could use them next door at that Marriott hotel's restaraunts. Okay didn't make sense but anyhow we did and would have liked to have stayed over there. This place looks nice but just an uncomfortable stay for families. The feel here is more for the business crowd. The kids really enjoyed the kids suite with the bunkbeds and there own little seperate living area. The room was spacious but yes a little dirty like other guests have mentioned. I didn't want to use the coffee maker at first it was so dusty but I washed it and it was fine. All week our sheets and covers werent changed but ok I am not a complainer. I didn't mention it. Bu then the room was never cleaned properly all week. I have four kids and I dont expect anyone to clean after them and I guess housekeeping wasn't about to anyhow. Breakfast was not included and it was a disappointment to have to pay over $80 for a family of 6 to get the full breakfast buffet. The pool was so so, the jacuzzi wasn't working properly all week. Ruth Chris is in the front but we were told it was pretty expensive and not a good place for kids. The worst part of the stay here was when we got home and opened our luggage. At first it was fine then we started to see these bugs crawling out. I have never seen a bed bug in my life other than pictures on the computer. It has been over a month and we have had to throw out all our mattresses and now we are thinking about getting rid of our furniture. We have been bitten up to the extreme. To the point of taking myself and my daughter to Urgent Care. It has been a nightmare!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank ronniegirl55
Dear ronniegirl55,

Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences that occurred during your stay. The details you mentioned in regard to the housekeeping service you received are unacceptable. We have taken immediately action to further investigate this error to ensure that this does not reoccur. Also, please be assured that our property is inspected for any type of pest by a third party company on a regular basis. Their reports confirm that we are, and have consistently been, free and clear of any pest, including bed bugs. We are very sorry to learn of your unfortunate circumstances and hope that you and your daughter are well. Thank you for taking the time to post your review.