“Great hotel but location could be better”

Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Ranked #46 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 21, 2011

WE stayed here for 4 nights with our 3yo in a family suite. Initially we were disappointed by the size. I guess we just thought it would be larger. We were a bit biased as we had just come from staying in large apartment style suites. We ended up unpacking some of our clothes and stacking our cases against a wall as I don't think there would have been room for them to be left out. The room was clean and tidy and had everything we needed. Small fridge and microwave which was handy but no cutlery and crockery. The fridge can fit 20 x600ml bottles of water! All the staff were lovely and went out of their way to help. I really liked how the coin operated laundry was on level 1. nice and handy. The pool areas seemed nice but we didn't use them as the water felt a bit cool to me and we didn't have time. The restaurant was great, we didn't find it too busy, staff very very friendly and reasonably priced plus convenient. They provide plastic kids cups and disposable bib and a colouring page. Free internet was good but it was not working for our first night and day which was frustrating but beyond their control. Server failure I think. It was very nice hotel for the price, only downside was that it is not super close to Disneyland. But then you have to trade of quality and/or cost. It was an easy 10-15min walk but when you have been walking all day it seems far. There is the bus though which we never took and maybe should have. I am not sure we would have gone back and forth to the room anyway even if we were closer. When we visit Disneyland again we will consider this hotel. Overall we found it quiet and a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
eCommerceCoordinator, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2011

Dear kalew,

We are pleased that you and your family enjoyed so many things that make our Anaheim hotel so special! Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience of the interrupted complimentary high speed Internet service. It was, indeed, beyond our control; however, we understand and are sorry for the frustration. Thank you for complimenting our staff and our level of customer service, as well as several of our amenities. We are delighted that you found our property a nice place to stay!

Mitch Healy, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center

Reviewed May 21, 2011

So my family decided this would be a great place to stay but we found out it was not so great!!! First off they had no Gift shop to buy cheaper disney gifts, No free breakfast and when you put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door they still come in and clean. This hotel was also a ways away from Disneyland and you have to pay for the Bus to take you to and from Disneyland. The bus stop is not even at this Hotel you have to walk to the other Marriott to get the shuttle. I have stayed at way better hotels then this that are just right across the street from the parks. No waiting for Buses that come every 20 mins. Also there is not very many food options around this hotel. I will be back to Disneyland in Dec. but will not be staying here! There is closer hotels that have everything you need and the price is probably just as good.

2  Thank disney70

Dear disney70,

We are very sorry to hear that you did not find our hotel to be everything that your family expected and more. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We are very proud of being able to offer comfortable and clean accommodations, great amenities and exceptional customer service at affordable rates, and hope that you reconsider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed May 20, 2011

After extensively researching hotels in the Disneyland area on tripadvisor.ca, I found the Courtyard to be one of the only hotels with zero reports of roches or bed bugs. We cancelled our reservation for a suite at another hotel closer to Disneyland and booked a room with 2 queens, breakfast, and parking included for our family of 4 at the Courtyard on Expedia. The Expedia rate was great! We spent 5 nights at the Courtyard a found the reviews were indeed accurate. It is a relatively new and clean hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfast buffet was excellent and provided extremely good value for our family. It is a very short walk accross the parking lot to the Marriott for the Aneheim shuttle to Disney. As per a review I had read in advance, this hotel could use more and faster elevators, but that's a minor issue. The beds were too soft for my liking, but would be good for the average person. My back seized up partially from the soft bed so I went to the hotel fitness club and the hot tub each night and found it to be one of the best hotel hot tubs I've ever used. Jet pressure was amazing and saved my back. Many other nearby hotels charge extra for parking, breakfast, etc. We would definately stay at the Courtyard again!

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room to avoid the elevator!
1  Thank Spudboss

Dear Spudboss,

Thank you for choosing our Anaheim hotel for your family's 5 night stay in the Disneyland area. We appreciate your time in completing the review and all of your great compliments and ratings on our property. Thank you for mentioning several of our amenities that you and your family enjoyed, including our hot tub and it's perfectly set jet pressure. We are very excited to hear that you found it to be one of the best hotel hot tubs you have ever used! We'll keep the settings and temperature just right and ready for your next visit.

Reviewed May 20, 2011

All of the positive reviews are spot on - we were very happy!

As far as I am concerned, the most important aspects for a hotel are safety, cleanliness and a quiet, convenient location. In this regard, the Courtyard ticks all of the boxes - we had a great sleep every night.

This is an obvious choice for visitors to Disneyland because you simply turn left outside the hotel and walk for 15 minutes. There are also some great eating places in the local area so ask for a map...which is where I must give special mention to Chris, the Front Office Manager, who was very happy to help us with the endless questions and requests we had in regards to the hotel and local area.

One final positive note: there is free internet in the lobby (two PC terminals) as well as in the room so thank you Courtyard! Too many hotels still charge for this service in addition to their (more expensive than here) room rates.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear WeekendHussler,

Thank you for your excellent review and high recommendation of our Anaheim hotel. It is always great to receive positive feedback from our guests. We're glad you agreed with all of our great reviews and that you were very pleased and comfortable staying at our safe, clean and conveniently located property. Thank you for mentioning our complimentary wireless, high speed Internet access too! We will look forward to your future visit.

Reviewed May 14, 2011

I stayed at this hotel during a Girls' Weekend in California. It was very close to our destination in Santa Ana, as well as to Disneyland. My room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was huge and well-appointed. The hotel provided more than enough pillows and bedding. Parking was easily accessible for my friends who were picking me up and dropping me off at the hotel. The swimming pool was clean and well-maintained. The restaurant's menu was limited, but I was pleased with the selections. I was greeted immediately upon check-in by a wonderful hotel employee. Checking in and out was a breeze! There are two computer kiosks in the lobby, which made it easy for me to check my email and check in for my flight on the day of my departure.

The only reason I checked four out of five for "service" was because of the limited service hours in the restaurant. The hotel offers salads, sandwiches, snacks, and beverages in its 24-hour market next to the check-in desk, which is convenient for when the restaurant is closed.

What I loved best about this hotel is that it was not overrun by children, as many Disneyland-area hotels are. The hotel was quiet, which I greatly appreciated.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank JMS1122

Dear JMS1122,

Thank you for your great review on your recent experience with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed many of the reasons that make our Anaheim property so special; our spacious and comfortable accommodations, great amenities, superior customer service and, as you mentioned convenient location. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope that you and your girlfriends will decide to stay with us on your next California Girls Weekend!

Reviewed May 10, 2011

My friends and I recently stayed at the Courtyard to celebrate an upcoming wedding! From the minute we checked in we were greeted by the friendliest staff who was very helpful giving us enough room keys...etc. All my girlfriends live in different parts of CA so we all arrived to the hotel separately. They were great about comping a few of our car overnight parking charges. We couldn't figure out how to turn the air-conditioning in the room down and the front desk sent someone up in less than 5 minutes to help us. It was a really fun stay, the room was clean and had plenty of space for all our bags. We were very happy it had a mini fridge and a large table we could set our food out on. I'd recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
eCommerceCoordinator, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2011

Dear Jbissic,

Thank you for choosing to stay a the Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim at Disneyland Resort for your recent Girlfriend's Weekend! We truly appreciate all of your excellent ratings and compliments on our Anaheim hotel. It's always exciting when a group of guests from different parts of the state all enjoy their experience with us so much that they recommend our hotel to everyone! We are so very pleased that you had such a comfortable and memorable stay. We hope you and your group of girlfriends decide to come and visit again soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 9, 2011

We stayed here 3 nights while we went to disneyland last week. We used the shuttle to get to Disneyland and it was a little annoying that we had to catch it at the regular marriot but doable. I thought the $10 extra a day for parking was annoying, especially considering the shuttle to Disneyland was $4 for adults and $1 for kids each day. The pool was great! It was a great size and the kiddie pool was awesome for the little kids. I thought it was a little annoying that the 4 rooms we booked could not be right next to each other...especially since I hardly saw anyone else. I would have thought this was an excellent value and not even minded paying for parking if there had been a complimentary breakfast. We ate some of the sandwiches they sold at the front desk and only one of them was even edible (stay away from the roast beef)!

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank ctrueckert

Dear ctrueckert,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to the Disneyland area. We are glad you and your family enjoyed our heated pools. Our younger guests always enjoy a little play time in the water with their family. We apologize for the inconvenience of your four rooms not being located right next to each other. Please know that we certainly did our best to accommodate your request. Again, please accept our apologies. We do understand the convenience of being located by one another. Thank you for your completing the review and giving us your valued feedback.