Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center
Ranked #15 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I went to anaheim with my DH and 2 DD. The first night we stayed we had two double beds. This was standard in the hotel and you had to pay extra for a roll away. This was not big enough and I had to pay extra. Also our tub took forever to fill. It was clean and nicely furnished, but not the nicest. Oh and they charged for parking and the spaces were small!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center

Reviewed October 17, 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights in October. The rooms were clean, comfy and quiet. The chocolate chip cookies were delicious and the hotel had all the amenities that we needed - restaurant, bar, coffee bar, gift shop, pool, spa, computer room and Disneyland Welcome Center. Disneyland is a healthy 20 minute walk from this hotel. Our early morning walk to the park was do-able, but after a long day at the park I would recommend taking the ART for $3.00 per adult. The 20 minute walk feels like a 40 minute walk after being the the park all day. Although the hotel is 2 large city blocks from the park, we did enjoy the respite from the crowds after long days at the park - no one at the pool or restaurant when we got back to the hotel to RELAX! We plan on going back to the Doubletree for our Disneyland vacations.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank KBaldemi
Reviewed October 15, 2010

We had moved here from another "shocking" hotel down the road so it was late and we were very tired - the professionalism of the staff and the cleanliness (and spaciousness) of our room was enormously appreciated - we had only originally intended to stay 3 nights before going to LA for 4 nights but enjoyed the hotel so much we decided to stay put!!!

We absolutely loved our stay here - from the staff (a special thanks to Jonathan (front desk) , Kim (restaurant) and Pavel (doorman)) to the rooms - I can only reiterate the positives others have spoken about....

The rooms are immaculate - housekeeping prompt and efficient, the buffet breakfast was fine - repetitive but plentiful with a reasonable selection - for dinner the kids eat free deal was great - position of the hotel was good although not as convenient as others - but well worth the "commute" the shuttle does drop almost at the front door which at the end of the day was great!

Our room had the Disneyland "view" it was great to be able to see the fireworks of a night. It was roomy and the beds very comfortable. The pool area was well maintained and clean. The business centre was complimentary and it was great being able to print a few tickets and things out without charge! One hickup with front desk (woman charged my sisters credit card despite explicit instructions otherwise and having my card at checkin) but that was our sole complaint, and was handled promptly when thankfully my sister noticed the error online (she only stayed for 3 nights my daughters and I for 7).

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel - and very much hope to return one day!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Casscruise2
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Stayed at the doubletree anaheim for 5 nights in october 2010. Stayed with family of 5. Check in was a breeze, received our cookies (that were yummy) and got a nice room with a view of "disneyland". The view is actually of the car park area, but you can see the other hotels and at night you can see the disney fireworks which are amazing. Beds were really comfortable, we had two queens and a sofa which was surprisingly comfortable, the rooms were really spacious, there were 2 tv's and the bathroom was nice. The only disappointment was the shower curtains smelt (like humid) and it did not go away during our stay. Housekeeping was great for the first 2 days, then they would forget to put sugar, and they dropped a few of our things and did not bother to pick them up which was disappointing. Lobby is really nice, however small. The business center is great, you can print and use internet whenever you like. There is also a starbucks near the lobby which was really convenient and really good coffee, it does get busy though with one person. There is also a gift shop which sells decent goods, and has a disney centre. It also has a small bar and a restaurant, which we did not use. There is a Denny's across the road which serves nice meals at great prices. The only thing I found odd was that i saw this man (really rough looking) come of the street and sit in at starbucks then make his way to the lobby and stay there, no one paid attention to him, which was kind of worrying. We also did receive a scam call stating the hotel system had crashed and they required our details and credit card again. Luckily I did not give the details, rang the front desk and they informed me that a couple of people were getting these calls, they finally made an announcement to warn guests not to give out this information. Finally it is close to Disneyland, about a 15-20 min walk, which is okay during the day, but I would not recommend this at night. What we did was took the bus from Disneyland said we parked our car near Katella and Harbour blvd I think it is the toy story car park and this car park is a 5 min walk to the hotel(its free). All restaurants are closer to Disney, which are about a 15 min walk or 2 min drive. Check out was easy, they just charge your credit card and you don't need to stop by the front desk. I didn't like this much as it felt like there was no gratitude for staying at the hotel, I guess it is still good as in convenience. I only ever saw one bell boy, and everyone just took there own luggage. However staff was really nice.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
hotel82, General Manager at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2010

First let me thank you for spending so many nights with us, and i am glad that for the most part you enjoyed your stay. While I shared with housekeeping your concerns about the room, I want to resssure you that our hotel is safe and that we take security very seriously.
From time to time people will come in off the street that arn't registered guests, but our staff is usually quick to notice and ask them to leave. The other incident that you wrote about happened just that one day and we are still trying to figure out how the call was placed to your room. We think that someone checked into the hotel and began making random phone calls, then left after we made the announcment. We have not had a similar incident since that day. Needless to say we are very concerned about our guests privacy, and am sorry that you were made to feel uncomfortable.
Respectfully,
Jeff Morse

Reviewed October 13, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights and the beds were very comfortable, the service was very good. The housekeeping was very accomodating with our nap time in the early afternoon. The restaurant had a buy one adult meal, get a kids meal free. This was absolutely great! The buffet was nice, the service was quick and the food was good. The ART bus to disneyland comes right at the driveway, sometimes the wait was long -25 minutes, others was short but it was nice and especially coming back - to be dropped off steps away from the lobby. We will stay here again.

1  Thank tikilava
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Second stay here and just as pleased as with our first stay. The room was spotless. Beds are really comfortable with lots of pillows; got really good sleep. Excellent black-out drapes. If you ask for a room towards the back of the hotel, it is extremely quiet there as opposed to being by Harbor Blvd where you can here some street noise. Even the elavators arrived quickly as they have 3, unlike the ones at the Paradise Pier hotel that seemed to take forever.

Even with Disneyland's hotel rooms being offered at 30-40% off in October, we still saved over $100 a night. So over 3 nights that was enough to cover all our food, drink and extras at Disneyland. Plus, you get a suite with two rooms and two TV's so you can relax at the end of the day with a glasss of wine while the kids go to sleep. Refrigerator, microwave, iron and room safe all are there. No mini-bar for the kidletts to raid and cost you a fortune (yeah!). Loved the oversize bath towels, which were soft and not scratchy.

If you don't like walking for 20 min to the park, you can walk over to the Toy Story parking lot a block away and take the shuttle bus to the main gait. We did that because it was raining. The breakfast buffet is convenient and the ladies who work there were extemely nice and accommodating. It includes hot dishes (eggs, bacon, pancakes, etc) and plenty of fruits, breads, cereals and juices. They will even give you a coffee "to go" to take with you while you walk to the park. There's a Denny's across the street if you prefer that. If you want a high end dinner, there's a Ruth's Chris steakhouse next door.

We've stayed at all 3 Disneyland hotels and found that it's maybe 10-15 minutes longer to get into the park from this hotel. Considering how much time we spend waiting in lines all day, it's nothing. Very highly recommended.

1  Thank SanDiego_Tony_K
Reviewed October 11, 2010

If you plan a Disney trip, the location of the hotel cannot be beat except for staying on the Disney grounds. The price was very reasonable and the rooms were OK, not great, but there are much worse. My problem was with the internet service or should I say the lack of internet? The room only had wired internet and it did not work. I will commend their technical people who called me three times but they finally admitted they knew there was a problem with my side of the hotel and could not fix it. I had pre-purchased the power option and the "free" internet was part of it. So, my fix to the problem was to sit in the lobby at 5:30 am and use the wireless (I was told my room did not have this option) so I could finish business work and still enjoy my vacation without any unneeded time spent away from my family. The hotel knew about the problem and never reimbursed any of the bill. I cannot give any better ratings than I did if the hotel only delivers when things are running smooth.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
hotel82, General Manager at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2010

I am sorry to hear that you had problems with the internet while staying with us. From time to time the system acts up, however the problem is usually limited to just a couple of rooms and our IT support is able to fix it quickly. Needless to say you should not have had to pay for an amenity that you didn't get. Typically, our staff should have offered you something else [since you were on a package] or compensated you in another way.
If you would be so kind as to contact me directly I will see to it that you are given a refund.
Aside from the problem with the internet, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Respectfully,