“Nice convention hotel with a good restaurant option”

Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center
Ranked #15 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We have been staying at the Doubletree Suites for the past 4 or 5 years while attending an annual conference at the Anaheim Convention Center. The staff has always been very friendly and professional and we've found the hotel to be clean, comfortable and situated conveniently close to the convention center. The hotel has a good restaurant and bar with a great breakfast buffet. The pool area is nice. The only improvements I would like to see would be for a better fitness center. Currently it is very small with 2 treadmills, an elliptical and weight machine and I hope that they can find away to expand it. Also, the rooms are starting to show a little wear and tear and I hope that an update is scheduled. Finally, I feel a little gouged with the daily parking rate of $20 but I suppose that is the going rate for the area.

Room Tip: Get north facing room, it doesn't face the streets and is quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Max_P
Write a ReviewReviews (2,617)

Reviewed March 20, 2014

The hotel is really nice, great location that works well for Disney travelers. I don't like to generalize, but we had a significant service issue and discovered that their policy supports it. On our final day, we desired to sleep in after a couple of long days at Disney. As we would be checking-out at noon (standard check-out time) we didn't worry about being interrupted. At approx 0900, we were woken up by housekeeping. Ok, not the end of the world right? But you all should know about it.

So, when asking the front desk, I was told that it is their policy to knock on the doors at that time even on those that will be leaving. Further, I had requested to have a conversation with the manager, and evidently, he refused to call me as desired. Again, not the end of the world, I am more concerned with the leadership (lack of) response.

7  Thank Troy0403
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I wish I could give this place a negative number. I tried to cancel a reservation here 3 days before my stay and the person on the phone said they could not find my reservation and to not worry about it. Then I got charged a no show fee and they refuse to refund my money. The worst customer service ever!

Please don't stay here and tell all your family and friends!

THIS HOTEL IS A HORRIBLE REPRESENTATION OF HILTON HOTELS

12  Thank Mybyzz71
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The hotel, rooms, and staff were excellent. I made group reservations through the group sales office with Henry Hang. I would rate Mr. Hang as "Satisfactory". He was not very responsive to questions and requests in a timely manner.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed at the Doubletree for 3 nights while my boyfriend and I visited Disneyland. The exterior and lobby are beautiful. I had never stayed at a Doubletree and after reading the reviews I was hoping it would live up to the hype. Needless to stay this hotel did not disappoint. We booked a standard king room and it was just that, standard. The room was quite large with a very useful fridge and microwave and extremely comfortable bed. We had a pleasant stay and would definitely return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in March for business due tot he good rating on Trip Advisor, the great rate and the previous experiences of staying at DoubleTree hotels. The hotel was clean and modern and ideally located for our work. The rooms are clean and spacious and are ideal for a short stay. The highlight of the trip was Norma, the bar manager with her lively character and great customer service. The downsides were the lack of customer service at checkout and the demand from reception that I bring my laundry down to reception if I wanted it picking up to be laudered. Overall a good experience and I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This hotel is the best hotel I have stayed at around Disneyland. ( We have been to quite a few) Rooms are large, clean and updated (which lots of hotels in this area are old and outdated) We got the double queen suite, it actually has a separate bedroom and living area with a pull out couch. Most suites are advertised that way but it's just a pull out couch in the same room. The bathroom has a large vanity outside the bathroom so you can have more than one person getting ready at a time. 2 t.v's in the room also. Great value

3  Thank Laura H