Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center
Ranked #13 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Somerville
“Wonderful stay!!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We just stayed at the Doubletree Suites in Anaheim for 5 nights. What a wonderful hotel! VERY clean - the housekeeping staff did a fantastic job every day...absolutely no complaints. We stayed in a two room suite on the fourth floor with two queen beds that were very comfortable with soft, clean sheets. The other room had a microwave and small refrigerator (both clean!), and a TV in each room. Bathroom was large and clean. Temperature control was fine. The pool and hot tube area is on the 2nd floor roof - clean and comfortable. You can watch the fireworks from Disneyland from there! The staff was extremely friendly and kind! Check in and check out was a breeze, and we were given warm cookies each time! We ate in the Agio restaurant downstairs which, while a little pricey, was excellent - had the $14.95 breakfast buffet, which had waffles, eggs, sausage, fruit, steel-cut oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, and delicious muffins! For lunch one day I had the turkey Panini, and my husband had the burger - good with very large portions. I also had the minestrone soup and chicken Caesar salad one night for dinner - very tasty. The wait staff was very attentive and friendly! ART pickup is right outside the hotel - as well as other bus tours (Starline's Grand City Tour of LA and Hollywood was fun!). You can take the ART to Disneyland, or it's about a 15-20 minute walk straight down Harbor Blvd. Other restaurants are nearby as well. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel - the price was very reasonable - and I would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Traveler0773

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ozark, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The staff was very welcoming and accommodating when I checked in. The warm cookie is always a plus. They went above and beyond to answer my questions quickly and followed up to make sure I was satisfied. I have stayed here multiple times and will probably do so again because of the service. Business and Family trips... I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Paul H
La Mesa, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We really liked this hotel. Our room was a suite and the price was similar to some others in the area for single rooms, so it was a good deal. Staff was very friendly (have delicious, warm cookies at the front desk) Room was clean, bed was comfy. We walked to Disneyland, just a couple of blocks away. Tired after Disney, so we took a bus back, only $3 per person. As with other hotels in the area we had to pay for parking, $16 per day. This hotel had free wi-fi, other hotels in the area charge for it. Lots of restaurants in the area. Only minor complaint was the couch in the living room area, not very comfy, but we didn't come to stay in the room sitting on the couch. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Kim H
SAN PEDRO, United States
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Chose the Romance Package during the Valentines Day Weekend. First when we arrived, they forgot to give us the Double Tree famous "Cookie." I had to call the front desk to bring attention. They also were to call me to verify if we wanted the house wine or Champagne, which I never received a call. Once again I called them. I think they should give free room service with a selection menu for certain items you can order as part of the package. I was not stuck on the buffet. Also when delivering the Champagne offer to serve it to you! I would have preferred my breakfast to be room service with mimosas! This was valentines weekend, need to stress more romanticism to the guest!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Las Vegas, United States
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Was very convenient to Disneyland which was our main goal for the hotel. Nice pool - my daughter had a great time at it. Nice employees. The refrigerator and microwave came in handy. There is a shuttle right outside that is just a few stops from Disneyland.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

4 Thank Mary C
Windermere, United States
Reviewed March 8, 2014

The staff is attentive, professional and welcoming. The hotel property is fresh, clean and comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel, with the exception of the wait staff at the on property restaurant, which was less than attentive.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Frank D
ManagerDT, Manager at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Frank D,

Thank you so much for your review. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed most of your stay. We endeavor to provide great service in every area of the hotel & I’d like to apologize for the less than attentive service in the restaurant. I will pass your feedback along to our restaurant managers.

I hope you’ll visit us again soon. We’d like to show you our great service throughout your stay.

Warm regards,

Deborah Fisher, Manager
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center
Fair Oaks, California
Reviewed March 7, 2014

In Anaheim, I've stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, the Paradise Pier Hotel, and now this hotel. Although this one is not on the DL resort property (big bummer), and thus does not have the same ambience or proximity to Disney, I'd have to say, in my opinion, the quality of the room itself was better than I've experienced at either Disney hotel. It was a tastefully decorated, two-room suite (it was great that my hubby could sleep on the living room sofa so his snores wouldn't wake the rest of us in the other room). I never had a problem with maintaining consistent water pressure and temperature when taking baths (can't say that elsewhere). The towels are bigger and fluffier than at my Disney hotel rooms. This hotel has wide halls and I'm guessing fairly thick walls, because we didn't hear a lot of noise from other guests. Beds were super comfy, and I like that they have the extra short blanket/layer at the bottom of the bed for your feet. The breakfast package was a great value for my family of four-- there were warm eggs as well as small omelets made to order, fruit and yogurt, French toast and waffles with a wonderful apple compote, and the best homemade muffins I've had at any restaurant or hotel... organic, made with honey, sweet and flavorful, but without being overly sweet. There were also sausages, bacon, cereal, and other things. Oh, and breakfast burritos one day and eggs benedict another. Anyway... if you're visiting for Disneyland, take advantage of this offer. There's NO PLACE in the parks where you'll get anywhere near this quality or quantity of food for this great of a deal. We visited the pool to watch fireworks, but decided we had a better view from the top (7th floor) hallway corridor. Hotel parking was easy, and everyone was friendly. If you want to visit Disneyland and stay somewhere off of the resort property, this is a great Good Neighbor Hotel to choose. We choose to drive to Disney, which ended up being more time consuming than I had thought, as the parking structure is gargantuan to the extreme, so I'd suggest giving the shuttle a try.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family